Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Measured the magnet at 54 ohms. Could anyone confirm if that's right?
119VAC going to the coil, can't see any change when jumping it but its hard to tell.
I had the switch adjusted about as close as I can. If I make it wider the ball just moves even less, or gets nearly stuck on the center. Even with the closest setting, the magnet isn't strong enough to get the ball to the top.

Parts catalog says the magnet is 20A-8702, which is just the old baseball game magnet, which my notes say I've measured at 48 ohms, so close enough.

Catalog says the ball is 20A-6518, which is also the baseball game ball, which is indeed 7/8" as previously mentioned. If it's not the original ball, the iron content might be too low or something. With 115VAC going to it, that magnet should be plenty strong to fling the ball up to the top of the assembly.

The schematic calls for a 500 ohm 10W resistor in parallel with the magnet, presumably to cut the power a bit. Is that resistor there and correct? If someone substitute a lower-ohm resistor it would cut the power to the magnet.

3 relay switches are in series with the magnet (one on the Doodle Bug relay, two on the pulse relay), are those are clean and well gapped?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
$ 8.00
Lighting - Led
Pinballrom
Led
$ 5.00
Electronics
UpKick Pinball
Electronics
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frobozz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doodle-bug-magnet-resistance?tu=frobozz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.