Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by MarkG
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5 5 years ago

Could it be that the switch under the runway isn't adjusted properly? It could be cutting magnet power too soon, or for too long.

#7 5 years ago

What about mechanical possibilities? Are the ball and track clean and smooth? Are the rebound posts loose? Are the rebound rubbers in good shape? Is the ball the right size? The parts catalog calls for a 7/8" ball. A smaller one would go faster.

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I also tried just jumpering one of the pulse relay switches out since all the second one is doing is wasting amperage, but it didn't make a difference

I'm not sure what you mean by "wasting amperage".

I've wondered about the dual Pulse relay switches. Does anyone know why they used two switches in series? I figured that they were there to distribute the wear and tear of frequent arcing and generated heat across two pairs of contacts.

#15 5 years ago

I was thinking that they'd be unlikely to open at exactly the same time - one would always open just ahead of the other. In series the earlier one would take the brunt of the arcing and heat, sparing the later one since the current would have reduced or stopped by the time it opened. I suppose in parallel the earlier one would escape the damage since all the current would shunt to the later one. Neither theory holds up though unless the order in which the switches open changes periodically.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MarkG.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doodle-bug-magnet-resistance?tu=MarkG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.