Working on a Doodle Bug and I hit a wall.
I've got it to the point that I can start a game but the ball count unit will not reset properly. Here's what it's doing when the start button is pressed:
1) The score motor turns one full rotation if all of the score reels are at zero (if they're not it spins until they are reset and then completes the rotation. I have already cleaned and adjusted the score reels).
2) The credit wheel is decremented.
3) The coin and reset relays pull in and then release when the score motor stops.
4) The game and game over relays pull in and latch.
5) The advance unit resets to zero
6) Post on the playfield resets
7) The ball count unit adds a random amount of balls (and sometimes none) but never the correct amount regardless of whether it's set at 3 or 5 balls.
I've already broken down and cleaned the ball count stepper. It is operating smoothly and the wiper fingers are clean and making good contact. The "0" switch on the stepper appears to be adjusted correctly as well.
I've also cleaned all of the switches on the score motor.
Any advice on what to check next would be much appreciated!