Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by Atomicboy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 12 years ago

Yesterday I was swapping out one of the LEDs in my TZ's mini-playfield lamp, and it slipped out of my hand, bounced around, and fell into the machine somewhere. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to track where it entered the pin. I searched for that sucker for about 20 minutes, but couldn't find it anywhere. I checked the subways, the cabinet, everywhere I could possibly think of. Talk about annoying!

#2 12 years ago

YES! Was changing out the pop bumper skirts on my TZ Friday night and lost one of the washers from the rod and ring assembly. Didn't find it until Sunday night, it was hiding in the coil bracket for another pop bumper.

#3 12 years ago

I looked for a bulb the other day for a while in my blackout. My wife walked up and asked what was driving me crazy. I told her I dropped a bulb. She asked it I checked the coin door. I told her I had looked at the back side. She then pointed to a bulb in the coin return door and asked it it was like that one. it awas that one. It is hard to believe how far parts go when you drop them.

#4 12 years ago

I put a white towel under the playfield to catch anything that drops

#5 12 years ago

Took off a snap-ring off a drop target bank and it went flying. It was the size of a 0 on a ten $ bill. Needless to say is that 4 hours later, the garage got cleaned and the snap-ring was found.

Quoted from absocountry2:

It is hard to believe how far parts go when you drop them.

It was found in the wheel of my son's skateboard.

#6 12 years ago

I know just what you mean gweempose. Really gets me worked up when that happens!

#7 12 years ago

I installed a Kenne Bell supercharger on a '95 Mustang GT I had. Dropped an intake bolt as I was taking off the intake, I thought for sure it had gone into the engine and I was going to have to take the heads off. My neighbor came over, asked what I was doing. He looks around and says "Oh, it's right here." It was on the top of the bell housing. Talk about a relief.

#8 12 years ago

It's probably caught in the wiring harness or some mechanism below the pf. I lose the odd screw or fastener that way. I'll usually make sure I track them down though, cuz a stray screw could possibly short something out depending on where it winds up.

#9 12 years ago

The speaker in the cab is also a good hiding place for lost bits, especially as its magnetic.

#10 12 years ago

I got a rock monster at my house!

You can drop something and see the little weed move or the dirt shift but what was dropped is gone!!! Normally something that only the manufacture makes, takes 10 days to get and cost more to ship then the item cost.

When it's all said and done, you move what you where working on and there it lays! Right where you looked 15 times.

I can hear him snickering at me, oh yes.

I hate that bastard!

He's a evil little prick.

#11 12 years ago
    Quoted from Dewey68:

I installed a Kenne Bell supercharger on a '95 Mustang GT I had. Dropped an intake bolt as I was taking off the intake, I thought for sure it had gone into the engine and I was going to have to take the heads off. My neighbor came over, asked what I was doing. He looks around and says "Oh, it's right here." It was on the top of the bell housing. [] Talk about a relief.

LOL been there done that while working on the cars

#12 12 years ago

In the middle of shopping a blackout. Last night when I removed the drop targets I found a PF metal guide one of the short, 1 1/2in. long ones. No wonder that drop targets nit reseting!!

#13 12 years ago

Yeah Dropping screws,nuts, or anything can be a real headache
    - like they disappear into the twilight zone

#14 12 years ago

I just don't stop looking and really hate that! I just cannot give up and sometimes that's a bad thing.

#15 12 years ago

Two years ago I was helping with load in for PPE and came this close to dropping a pin off the trunk ramp. It was leaning like crazy and I knew I was screwed. I had to cry like a baby for help. Five guys came running. The worst part - the 30lb skunk guys filmed the whole thing. Mercifully they left it out of their mini-documentary.

#16 12 years ago

There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

Good luck finding it my good sir

#17 12 years ago

When I find a screw in the cab I leave it where I found it....then I search the underside of the playfield in the area above the location of the found screw....Usually you can find where it went. just a tip.

#18 12 years ago

How about when it drops and you don't hear it hit? Hate that.

#19 12 years ago

FWIW, the LED I dropped is still MIA.

#20 12 years ago

Screws are the worst. I have so many magnetic drivers, but the odd one still gets caught. I always fear with them that they will get lodged someone and shoft something, given they are metal, so I never leave a lost screw.

Loads of fun.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-you-hate-it-when-this-happens and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.