(Topic ID: 200708)

Don't sell to someone else when we agree on a price..

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2870 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#17 6 years ago

I agree that a good faith deposit is the way to go if you can't get out to see a pin the same day. If you're unwilling to offer a deposit then this won't be the last time you get frustrated. Sellers don't want to wait around and trust that a stranger will eventually show up. I know that I wouldn't.

#26 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I should not have to do a deposit as I am out of state and YOU agreed to the price. I am not taking about new $10,000.00 pins I am talking about $200.00-$600.00 pins mostly. These are usually the leftovers after people didn't want them. Some projects and such.

Mike, cash is in the pocket and going to stay there if I can't put it on the glass because you pull it back.

Sorry, but I feel the opposite and that you SHOULD have to put down a deposit (especially if you are out of state and asking for something to be held for multiple days). Where is the seller protection if something comes up (furnace goes out, etc.) and you can't follow through?

I think your missing the point of the deposit and taking it personally. Even though you may be a man of your word there are circumstances that can arise and the deposit protects your purchase agreement AND the seller's interests. It's a win/win in my opinion. Why are you so against the deposit? Don't take it so personally that your word doesn't mean something to a stranger from another state.

#34 6 years ago

Attempting to put together multiple deals coinciding with one another after several days without deposits to offset a truck rental fee is a risky move in my opinion. I'm shocked that this has worked out for you in the past. It would be like catching lightning in a bottle in the Chicagoland area.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I find problems for a living in my work do you really want to go there?

It really seems like you might be CREATING problems for yourself at this point. Lots of viable solutions for you have been posted here. Good luck on future purchases.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider stpcore.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-sell-to-someone-else-when-we-agree-on-a-price?tu=stpcore and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.