(Topic ID: 200708)

Don't sell to someone else when we agree on a price..

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2870 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#1 6 years ago

Mad....beyond mad agreed on prices for a Satin Doll with one seller and the other a Calendar Girl and a Little Joe. I do not have a truck but it takes a little while for me to get a few deals to make it worth my wild for the cost I thought I finally had enough and started to call when the two above sold the pins to other people!

They had my phone number both of them and didn't even call?

It's a two way street people when you make a deal and at least if I try to keep in touch when something comes up. Which it does sometimes. Now I am trying yet again to put something together and make a run to get some pins finally and only hope I haven't wasted more time. So to rant....but sometimes you just have to...

#3 6 years ago

No deposit as and I would not send one as I am going by your word that you would hold them. That at least if you are going to sell them give me a call and time to get things together to come get them. I can't just drop things at my job and take off. I wouldn't be working here much longer if I did. I did say that I would try and get to them over the weekend but I had a furnace go out that I had to use money on.

Quoted from jgentry:

If not then it's on you to get them as quickly as possible because they are not going to just hope your deal works out. People all the time say they will pay me a certain amount and I accept then they disappear so I can understand why they were sold if you did not lock with in.

Like I said I am going by THEIR word that we have a DEAL and that shows me some sellers just can't be taken at that. I have a HARD time trying to get my price for those pins and many emails back and forth so I expect them to honor that deal. Just my .02 cents.

#4 6 years ago

Last guy just contacted me and yet again sold the pins. I have all this money now and nowhere to spend it. 5 pins all gone. Frankly just is just going to make me MORE of a low baller than before as I see I can't do business with anyone who even agrees as I can't trust them. I have gotten this twice that people tell me to go get the pins right away, well I can't I'm out of state and trying to do business with people who just want to sell them at any cost. Frankly this hobby isn't what I thought it was and I just keep getting more angry at deals gone bad. Sorry but just am tried of it...

#22 6 years ago

I should not have to do a deposit as I am out of state and YOU agreed to the price. I am not taking about new $10,000.00 pins I am talking about $200.00-$600.00 pins mostly. These are usually the leftovers after people didn't want them. Some projects and such.

Quoted from Grizlyrig:

It's not yours and remains FOR SALE until I see cash on the glass. Hardships of business before friends.
    -Mike

Mike, cash is in the pocket and going to stay there if I can't put it on the glass because you pull it back.

#31 6 years ago

First being out of state how would you even get the money there?

Second renting a truck $400-$500 for a pin that costs that is just plain stupid. I don't do stupid that is why I put together multiple deals to lessen the cost.

Third just because YOUR buyers walked away doesn't mean I will! So treat me like I treat you and HONOR your word!

#35 6 years ago
    Quoted from brenna98:

Every day that goes by is a missed sale for the seller.

I disagree, the seller should have that information rewritten down or in email form. I do.

Don't use it when everybody here is writing in posts not to use it.

I find problems for a living in my work do you really want to go there?

#45 6 years ago
    Quoted from bkaelin:

I don't know you, you are far away, you are not putting down a deposit, AND you want me to hold a game for you... no thank you.
    If the game is here the morning of the day you are leaving to come to buy it, ok, then I will hold it for you.
    But I won't be holding my breath that you will show up.

So in those words I should spend money several hundred for a chance to drive all that way for a game that I might or not might get?

You need to read the thread: Don't put your pinball up for sale unless you want to sale it...(kinda like that)

#84 6 years ago

Money talks I agree and it's keeping warm in my pocket.

I don't give away money without picking up the machine and when I there to pick it up your get it. If you want to send money, please...please send it to me as I can put it to good use. I'm not saying your get anything, but only prove my point which nobody seems to see.

I see some good points, but I also see some haters too.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Oh and bragging about how you like to make lowball offers ... probably not a great move.

OK, I don't make lowball offers, but I offer what it is worth (I do check Pinside). Some here would call them that. I have no feeling for the machine as the owner might with a higher price than what it is IMO worth.

Quoted from Mitch:

Yet you can't find a problem with your own logic.

Because it works and made me money. Why not use it for pinballs also?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grayman_em.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-sell-to-someone-else-when-we-agree-on-a-price?tu=grayman_em and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.