(Topic ID: 200708)

Don't sell to someone else when we agree on a price..

By Grayman_EM

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 108 posts
  • 73 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ForceFlow
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2870 (resized).JPG

This topic is closed.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
    #101 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

I’d suggested saving some pennies, sell your current car for a decent mini van or truck then use that for your day to day and a Pin hauler.

This is true, although the games he's looking at could pretty much fit in a car. Not sure what he drives, but I've seen some pretty inventive things to get a game in there, especially if the back seat folds down. I saw a TZ in the trunk of an early 2000s Ford Taurus... granted the trunk didn't close all the way.

I think his biggest issue is buying games too far away. He lives near Indianapolis, which should have a larger than normal stockpile of games for sale. I have driven to Indy for a game (an EM too), so I know they're there.

#102 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

I don't make lowball offers,

In my area it’s not uncommon for buyers to offer more then the sellers asking price just to ensure that they get the deal.

I bought a $500 project machine that was an hour away. I dropped everything and headed to get it as soon as the add was posted. By the time I arrived at the sellers home they had been given and offer for $600, just to hold it until the other guy could get there. Luckily I was on my way with cash and the seller didn’t back out. But they could have and I wouldn’t have been able to stop them. After all it is their game and they can sell it to who ever they like.

#103 6 years ago

I have a classic car for sale at a carshow and a guy calls me a week later from out of state and says he saw my car at the show and wants to come and look at it on a weekday a day before hes coming he says he cant make it and wanted to come on a weekend and against my better judgement i re arranged my schedule so he can come and look at it (whitch after a conversation and him bragging how he has cash money i figured he was coming with a trailer to get it) well i wait for him, he shows up in a car with a friend so i know he aint planning on buying it that day but figured if he liked it he would give me a deposit, well he doesnt, he says he wants to talk it over with his buddy, texts me a bunch of questions and then says i will call you soon. Guy strung me along for 2 weeks I missed out on a dragstrip outing cause i figured the car was gone and didnt want to risk damaging something if it was sold, then the gut said he just bought a bike and had 2 cars for sale and wanted to buy my car when one or both sold, I never replied after he said that cause I figured out then that he wasn't gonna buy it. If you really wanted those pins you should have went and got them, any pin I got I drove to get them as soon as I hung up the phone except for one time a guy on here tipped me off to a friend that was selling a pin out of state, I called agreed on price but we couldnt settle on a date to pick it up right away so i offered to send him a deposit and he declined and said he didnt need the money and would hold it till the date i could pick it up, and it all worked out great.

#104 6 years ago

Someone needs to build a "crying " room on this site, so its isolates everyone else from this crap

#105 6 years ago
    Quoted from Grayman_EM:

These are usually the leftovers after people didn't want them

Even as of 2 years ago I would have agreed with you but that just isn't reality anymore. A pin (EM or not) is a pin these days in this marketplace. If ouvwant something, you gotta jump ca$h in hand

#106 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ozzy:

Someone needs to build a "crying " room on this site

I thought that was the BM66 club?

#107 6 years ago

And you guys thought pics of my kids was a waste of bandwidth...!!!...........Joey

#108 6 years ago

The OP has requested to close this thread.

Hopefully, this thread has been educational.

There are 108 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-sell-to-someone-else-when-we-agree-on-a-price/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.