(Topic ID: 197571)

Don't put a for sale add up if you're not going to sell..

By Milltown

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    Theodore-Roosevelt-e1489124922625 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#107 6 years ago

Similar experience(s) with previous purchase attempts here.. strangely with folks who have posted in this very thread - I've paid deposits to "hold" the game, then in the intervening period suddenly the game is off the market. Only to turn up several weeks later at a MUCH higher price.

Happened twice; but what are you going to do? In one of the instances in the end, I ended up with a rare version of a game I love , so that worked out for me... lesson for the seller don't be too quick to buy a new game you end up selling 6 months later

#119 6 years ago
    Quoted from arcademojo:

Sorry, disagree with your title. A seller has every right to cancel a sale ad if they chose so. I've done it a few times and had people do it to me a few times. Shit happens. I've been in the hobby collecting, buying, selling since the late 1990's and can say people change your mind. Also see no problem canceling an agreed to sale for any reason if done before hand. However agree 100% that once the buyer leaves and is willing to pay the asking price then it should be a done deal. You show up with cash the game should be yours.

It seems like maybe you didn't read the original post thoroughly(?)

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I had the opposite result with Roadshow. I hated it before I owned one. Once I had it, I liked it way more, when it I had it at the house, played flawless, leveled and dialed in correctly.

What was it that made you go out and buy a pin that you hated?

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

dirt cheap, looked near mint and was in my backyard. 3 things that make it so you can't say no.

Can't argue with that...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rdoyle1978.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-put-a-for-sale-add-up-if-youre-not-going-to-sell?tu=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.