(Topic ID: 197571)

Don't put a for sale add up if you're not going to sell..

By Milltown

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 214 posts
  • 109 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Ns2973
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

images (resized).jpg
    Theodore-Roosevelt-e1489124922625 (resized).png
    There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.
    #201 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What was it that made you go out and buy a pin that you hated?

It was cheap?

#202 6 years ago

I am selling my Hobbit pin to the first reasonable offer.

#203 6 years ago

The OP is long gone from this thread and I bet his opportunity to get gas money is gone too as a result of it!

#204 6 years ago

Wait...no...nevermind.

#205 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

What was it that made you go out and buy a pin that you hated?

dirt cheap, looked near mint and was in my backyard. 3 things that make it so you can't say no.

#206 6 years ago
    Quoted from Pinzap:

Sounds like you've been talking with my wife. She's pretty sure anyone I could possibly meet on Pinside is right up there with the characters she watches on the latest Dateline or 48 Hours.

It's funny because my wife thinks along those same lines. It's why I mentioned in my previous post about determining if you're a serial killer. She's just sure that I'm eventually going to meet one during one of my transactions.

In her defense, the one and only time she ever went on a pinball run with me was the one time the buyer I was dealing with was an absolute lunatic. He basically lost his mind when I mentioned that we might have to adjust the price as there were a few things that were wrong with the game that he didn't disclose and conveniently "missed" while taking pictures. He started yelling at me, calling me names, and basically chased me out of his house. It was all very odd. Unfortunately, that's my wife's one and only experience with buying a game.

Dave

#207 6 years ago

Wow I had such the opposite experience on my recent first pin buy.

I said I wanted the game but had to arrange transportation as I only have a small car. Seller contacted me saying others wanted the TAF but since he spoke to me first he would hold it for me. I offered to pay a deposit via PayPal, but seller said he trusted me.

I was able to show up the next day and the pin wouldn't fit in vehicle, and tried several times to make it work. The seller myself and friend worked to take head off and label every wire. It was a several hour ordeal, but everyone remained calm.

The seller contacted me several days later to make sure I was able to get it back together.

Great feedback left for seller!

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

dirt cheap, looked near mint and was in my backyard. 3 things that make it so you can't say no.

Can't argue with that...

#209 6 years ago
    Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Can't argue with that...

Someone will--this is Pinside after all.

1 week later
    #210 6 years ago

Guys put up ads when they're not going to sell all the time!

I'm talking about the ones with ridiculously high prices, though...

2 weeks later
    #211 6 years ago

A little twist on this topic. A friend and I were on the hunt for a pin. Found one and made arraignments to purchase at price seller wants. Seller then contacts us saying he's not sure about selling the game now. My buddy tells him, no problem let me know when you make up your mind. The same night we got another offer for the same game in better condition and at a few hundred less. The morning I go buy the second pin that was offered.
    A day latter the seller that got cold feet messages us saying he is now ready to sell. Told him sorry we already bought one. Now the guy starts to get mad because we're not buying his game. Go figure.
    Lessen of the day. When someone says they have cash in hand and ready to buy. If you back out you're probably going to lose the sale.

#212 6 years ago

STTNG is the penultimate example of a "mode based game"...I mean...there's no point to doing anything but getting to final frontier. TZ is just as bad.....as is Addams. Lots of games from that time are all about those basic rules and "oh you've played through all the modes? Here's a horrendously unbalanced high scoring wizard mode!"

I love Demo Man because it's not like that *as much*. You can get some UNREAL scores out of Demo Man with trigger combos and multipliers...easily enough to take down a fair to middling Demolition Time player.. Getting to Warp 9.9 in TNG isn't going to even remotely dent the guy that cradled through six modes to get to Final Frontier.

#213 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

STTNG is the penultimate example of a "mode based game"...I mean...there's no point to doing anything but getting to final frontier. TZ is just as bad.....as is Addams. Lots of games from that time are all about those basic rules and "oh you've played through all the modes? Here's a horrendously unbalanced high scoring wizard mode!"
    I love Demo Man because it's not like that *as much*. You can get some UNREAL scores out of Demo Man with trigger combos and multipliers...easily enough to take down a fair to middling Demolition Time player.. Getting to Warp 9.9 in TNG isn't going to even remotely dent the guy that cradled through six modes to get to Final Frontier.

Final Frontier is a great scoring opportunity, but I prefer to Engage the Borg. I also like Warp 9. If you can hit the orbits and center shot, STTNG can raise hell. But I play for fun rather than points.

#214 6 years ago

I'm also one of the Albany guys and it wasn't me,

I get this didn't work out great, and obviously I would be frustrated but I don't think there is malicious intent or deliberate wasting if time.

I can understand someone having remorse at the last moment. Plus he did try to make it right by reimbursing for fuel. Obviously not awesome but I'm not ready to crucify him.

There are 214 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-put-a-for-sale-add-up-if-youre-not-going-to-sell/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.