Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron_Mad.JPG
Tron_Haters.JPG
Putin-Medvedev-he-mad.jpg
money.gif
CLU.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 11 years ago

Tron is better than MM. Looks better, sounds better, plays faster, flows better. Deserves the top spot in my view. People that feel the top ten should be stagnant and filled with games from the 90's (yes, I know LOTR and SM are there as well) are not being fair to the newer games. I too predict Tron is going to get bashed this week (lots of 3, 4 or 5 ratings by people that have never played it).

#45 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and the shot map is nothing out of the ordinary.

Statements like this make me laugh. MB, MM, or AFM are literally "loved" for their shot layout while Stern games are ridiculed if they have a similar layout. TF compared to MB is a good example. How can a shot map on one be "awesome" while a shot map on a newer game be "boring" if they are so similar.

Anyway, the rankings are so skewed by bias that it doesn't really matter. Tron is going to get a massive rating down grade next week for no reason other than bias.

I think if your ratings are not publically disclosed, they should not count in the rankings and should just be for your own personal use.

#64 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

I'm kinda digging the idea of letting your karma determine the weight of your ratings. Hmm, will give it some thought. That's for another topic!

I think some karma determined weighted scale would be good. Also, it keeps out people who may be making spare email accounts and voting games up or down based on multiple accounts. It may be odd to think that people would take the time to do that . . . but I've played facebook pixel games with people that have, literally, 25 different facebook accounts so they can have multiple charcters . . . it would be very easy for people like that to create 25 pinside accounts.

I also think the longer its been since something has been rated the less that rating should count. Relic voting should not be allowed.

#143 11 years ago
Quoted from Dewey68:

When WOZ is released TRON LE and MM won't matter anyway.

Don't worry, many people will rate WOZ a 5 something, whether they played it or not, and self justify it through cognitive dissidence just to ensure it can never pass the Bally/Williams's Grail games.

Lots of really good ideas have come out in this thread. This was a very useful discussion. Another possible thought, though this one is going to be more controversial, is:

Only let the members with the little heart by their names' votes count...that ends trolling through creating fake accounts...to a large extent anyway unless people start using stolen credit cards...and if someone is that desperate then by golly let them manipulate the rankings.

#150 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

What I think are top suggestions for improvement:
-Pins need more than 10 rankings in order to be considered as part of the top 100 list in order to limit impact of homer rankings followed by trollings. Maybe 30, maybe 50?
-Remove all rankings from members that have not signed in to pinside in the past 12 months. Makes rankings system more relevant to current members.
-Games must be on market for atleast 6 months >> again limits the owner inflation and subsequent trolling.
-Limit the number of overal rankings for a specific range that an individual can give out >> i.e. a forced distribution so you can only give one 10.0, 9.9, 9.8, 9.7, etc... This makes individuals more consiously rank games against each other rather than saying they are all the best.
-Pins with less than 500 machines made are kept to their own rankings page >> "the botique pins rankings"

I think these are all good points. Also, I think you require discloser of how people rank AND only allow those who have contributed to the website to rank (or run two lists for payers and non payers) and you will have as good of a rating system as is reasonably possible.

#184 11 years ago

LOL at people rushing to score it a 1.

Tron_Haters.JPGTron_Haters.JPG Tron_Mad.JPGTron_Mad.JPG

#185 11 years ago

Aw man, I spent 3 minutes making Tron "he mad" gifs and thread dies without even a chuckle . . .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tigerlaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-look-now-but?tu=tigerlaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.