Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Tron_Mad.JPG
Tron_Haters.JPG
Putin-Medvedev-he-mad.jpg
money.gif
CLU.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 11 years ago

Just proves that until there is at least 30 or more votes, the ratings have little meaning. You can tell me that if you take 100 random pinheads and offer them the choice of having MM or Tron (throwing out valuations) in their collection, that most would take Tron. I highly doubt it.

#8 11 years ago

So Tron is the best pinball machine ever created? I've played the LE and it just very little for me. Maybe you need to own it to understand. I do hope that more titles overtake MM so that maybe the price pressure comes down some on it. I just can't personally agree with this ranking.

I have not and will not rate a machine until I can put at least 20 games on it, so I haven't submitted a rating for Tron as of yet and won't just to manipulate rankings.. I need to play it more but after 2 games I'm typically looking to move on to something else.

#18 11 years ago

We'll I guess folks should hold off their opinions unless they are favorable? Give me a break.

Quoted from ctozzi:

Funny, they each have their haters. Mostly by those who cannot afford either game at this point and missed the boat when they where affordable.

Complete and utter BS. If I wanted a Tron it would be sitting in my gameroom right now. Pro models can still be had for a decent price. That's a stupid blanket assumption to make. MM on the other hand at nearing 15k is getting out of my comfort level but, I've never bashed it either. For that matter I've never bashed a game just given my personal feelings without getting ignorant. Isn't that what these forums are sorta for?

#40 11 years ago
Quoted from robin:

MM is a great game but personally I don't think it should be #1. Definitely a top 10 game but not the best out there.

I agree with that statement as to the #1 slot however it deserves to by up there in the top slots. For me its STTNG that deserves that slot but, I'm in the minority on that one here. That is the "pry from my cold dead fingers" title for me.

Next time I get a chance to play Tron, I'm going to try and force some additional games in to see if I can get the hype. I love sci-fi so I was disappointed when it fell flat for me.

There could be a valid argument on older ratings since new games come out that give a different source of measure against making the old ratings somewhat invalid today. The people whom those ratings belong to should be notified of that so they could get an opportunity to update their rating accordingly.

#69 11 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Make the cutoff at least 50 rankings for any pin to start being placed on the top 100 list.

This would likely get rid of the overbiasing fromt he first 30 people to rank being owners that obviously love a game. This would also quelch the likely backlash of biased downgradings the week following a game coming on the list.

Another simple fix may be to limit the total number of scores within a specified range a ranker can give out. For example, if I can only give out one score of 9.9 to 10.0, one score of 9.8 to 9.9, one score of 9.7 to 9.8, etc... then I will have to more consciously rank the machines I am familiar with without deciding that "all my favorites are the best". It puts a self limit on the way people rank games and I think that is the only real way to fairly tweak the ranking system.

I do think this approach would greatly improve the ratings. This needs updating since we are now in a world of HUO, LE, and boutique pins and the old system needs to evolve along with that. Also, if people are putting out a bunch of 10s then they are manipulating the rankings for the benefit of their own collection and there is no place for that here. Its hard for me to believe that a game lacks a single place where it could be improved upon. A 10 implied the game is perfect and cannot be improved in anyway.

#80 11 years ago

ctozzi - I apologize if my reply was harsh, I just get my feathers ruffled when someone suggests that just because someone has a negative review of a game that it must be that they cannot afford it.

Yes the Pros are different in some respects to the LEs and the LE is the one sitting at #1. Still, if I really wanted an LE, even at 8k plus I would get one. I just sincerely didn't get the same appeal that other get when I've played it. I will however try to give it a worthy shot again. I'd really want to love this game as I like the Tron theme.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy07.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-look-now-but?tu=bigdaddy07 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.