Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 97 posts
  • 51 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by Cliffy
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

1572.JPG
    Einstein_2.gif
    tron-sling-rt1.jpg
    tron-sling-lt1.jpg
    IMG_0070.jpg
    7Tron-eject-done.jpg
    dscn1832.jpg
    dscn1844.jpg
    dscn1830.jpg
    dscn1821.jpg
    dscn1816.jpg
    IMG_0756.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Av8:

Cliffy doesnt make one.

Well, yes, I do make them. But I do not generally SELL them. I will only sell one to those who understand it can cause a ball hang on the right side on a really slow ball and are willing to live with it. I made some laser cut 5 mil mylars that butt up to the edge which really helps get the ball over but doesn't totally eliminate it.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

Any chance of designing the scoop protector with just an L-design that allows a slow roll from the right? Or even a notched-out protector, something like this:

L'

I think it was Chris Heffner who tried it with a notch for the right side but it had a major problem with a loss of rigidity. It warped slightly and in general just looked funky. Maybe not as funky as a damaged hole but....

I'm intrigued by the single edged protector idea though. Especially along the left edge... hmmm...

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from shlockdoc:

When are the ramp protectors ready?

heh heh heh guess who got blanks from laser last night?

#48 11 years ago

You bet guys. And thanks for the pic post, Nim!

1 month later
    #63 11 years ago

My newest attempt at making this protector work. With my friend Martin's help we nailed the correct ball path angle and width. Zero affect on ball and yet still protects 99% of the scoop edge.

dscn1816.jpgdscn1816.jpg dscn1821.jpgdscn1821.jpg dscn1830.jpgdscn1830.jpg dscn1844.jpgdscn1844.jpg dscn1832.jpgdscn1832.jpg

#64 11 years ago

And a pic of the Tron shooter eject protector in case no one has seen it yet either-

7Tron-eject-done.jpg7Tron-eject-done.jpg

#74 11 years ago

Ok, I gotta ask after looking at the pictures.
    What plastic protector set includes the orange ZEN plastic.

Also where did you get those funky looking pop bumper caps?

It took long enough!
    The hint was in the text... Martin showed up not only to help me with the protector design but also to install his new Tron plastics protectors and bumper caps with stacked identity discs Available now from pinbits.com although they may not be up on their site yet. It's a 6 piece set of protectors plus 3 bumper caps. It's hard to capture the flourescent edge lighting in pics. Probably the best pic of the effect is the last pic in the set above over the upper flipper. Here's a pic of the sling protectors although my camera makes the yellow look more green and the blue looks fairly muted.

tron-sling-lt1.jpgtron-sling-lt1.jpg tron-sling-rt1.jpgtron-sling-rt1.jpg

#75 11 years ago
    Quoted from gweempose:

Looks great, Cliffy! So the ball never gets hung up on this new design?

Not at all. I can't even get the ball to sit anywhere on the edge by hand placing it. It just drops right in.

#86 11 years ago
    Quoted from jarjarisgod:

I was thinking I could try that first and then if I screw it up I at least have the option of buying the new one to replace it.

No just send it to me and let me do it please

1 month later
    #97 11 years ago
    Quoted from rgb635:

Cliffy needs an award of some type!!!!

My sleepless nights are thanks enough.... HA! Thanks to YOU guys for keeping the faith!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cliffy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-let-this-happen-to-your-tron?tu=cliffy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.