(Topic ID: 19292)

Dont jump ship yet, good things happen to those that wait. (WOZ)

By Jeff_PHX_AZ

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

JJ-oz.jpg
#1 11 years ago

Been reading about people having the fire burn out on WOZ and jumping ship, selling there pin before they can make it and ship it to them. Why? Is it because the production is not the timeline Jack said, or what. Jack had put together a great team there at JJP! My advice is just hang in there. All businesses when they start goes slow at first. Its there first machine and from what I have seen and read it looks to be ground breaking for pinball! I'am not a Wizard of Oz fan at all ok, I'am a pinball fan and this one looks GREAT! September will be here before you know it! Wish I was on the list, but I'am financially unable to. Have patience, the pin will be worth waiting for!

#3 11 years ago

+1 on that
On the other hand... if anybody wants mine I'll Shazaam it out for only $25000.00

#4 11 years ago

Nobody is jumping ship. There are just a few trolls trying to stir up trouble.

But I digress, because now undoubtedly JJP is all wrapped up in... yea, you heard it.. DRYWALLSCREW-GATE!

#5 11 years ago

Enough of these threads.

#6 11 years ago

There is drywall screws in the Beta Playfield!!!!!????????

#7 11 years ago
Quoted from PinballHelp:

Nobody is jumping ship. There are just a few trolls trying to stir up trouble.
But I digress, because now undoubtedly JJP is all wrapped up in... yea, you heard it.. DRYWALLSCREW-GATE!

And there are the 2 first trolls. Pinbill the old crank and as stated in another thread, snowdale who likes to purposely piss people off. Neither of whom add any meaningful value to this community.

No more threads like this. You are only feeding their idiocy.

DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

#8 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

And there are the 2 first trolls. Pinbill the old crank and as stated in another thread, snowdale who likes to purposely piss people off. Neither of whom add any meaningful value to this community.
No more threads like this. You are only feeding their idiocy.
DONT FEED THE TROLLS!

Yea, you are absolutely right. I couldn't resist. My bad...

#9 11 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

. Neither of whom add any meaningful value to this community.

Actually, snowdale provides a nice avatar too look at, so his trolling is slightly more meaningful

#10 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Been reading about people having the fire burn out on WOZ and jumping ship, selling there pin before they can make it and ship it to them. Why?

Maybe some people over extended themselves and need the money for other purposes? Why does it really matter?

#11 11 years ago

Oh man. This is VERY worrisome!

Quoted from Snowdale:

There are drywall screws in the beta Playfield!!!!!

#12 11 years ago

I guess I'm one of the few who's actually happy with a post-september date: my home gameroom isn't finished yet! When I get back from my vacation next week, I will commence building it but won't be finished before september. Jack and the team: Take your time!

As for the drywall screws, people surprised by that have never had to deal with a presentation/expo deadline. If you had, you would know that *everything* is done to make something works in time for the show, even if it needs dirty hacks. Seeing that pic of the two screws made me chuckle, I'm definitely not worried about the skills of the WOZ team.

#14 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

There is drywall screws in the Beta Playfield!!!!!????????

Snowy how is that TFLE treating you

#15 11 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Snowy how is that TFLE treating you

I sold it to a disgruntled WOZ dropout!!!
JK, I traded down + cash to fix my Tahoe. Tough hobby for the middle class!

#16 11 years ago
Quoted from Jeff_PHX_AZ:

Been reading about people having the fire burn out on WOZ and jumping ship, selling there pin before they can make it and ship it to them. Why? Is it because the production is not the timeline Jack said, or what. Jack had put together a great team there at JJP! My advice is just hang in there. All businesses when they start goes slow at first. Its there first machine and from what I have seen and read it looks to be ground breaking for pinball! I'am not a Wizard of Oz fan at all ok, I'am a pinball fan and this one looks GREAT! September will be here before you know it! Wish I was on the list, but I'am financially unable to. Have patience, the pin will be worth waiting for!

I heard Jack paid you to post this.

#17 11 years ago
Quoted from pinbill_blocked:

I heard Gary paid you to say that

#18 11 years ago

Just for looks woz is one of the best pins I have ever seen

#19 11 years ago
Quoted from bluevegas:

I heard Gary paid you to say that

I heard you guys are in middle school!

#20 11 years ago

Boy I hope this machine lives up to the hype.

#21 11 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Just for looks woz is one of the best pins I have ever seen

I agree. Although incomplete, the lighting looks great too. That's a big part of why I am so impatient to find out about the sound, the use of the LCD and the gameplay. This has the possibility and maybe the probability of being one of the best games ever.

#22 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I heard you guys are in middle school!

out for summer break!

#23 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

I heard you guys are in middle school! []

out for summer break!

hey, Snowdale, you sure like to reply to threads you would classify as Troll-ish. You're an enabler.

#24 11 years ago

out for summer break!
hey, Snowdale, you sure like to reply to threads you would classify as Troll-ish. You're an enabler.

Stop being a troll and a cratchety old man he won't need to enable you.

#25 11 years ago

The WOZ schedule keeps getting pushed back but I have never worried because they keep showing more progress. They are closer everytime you see more.

#26 11 years ago
Quoted from absocountry2:

The WOZ schedule keeps getting pushed back but I have never worried because they keep showing more progress. They are closer everytime you see more.

They do show progress. But this argument is open to a Wayne MM analogy.

#27 11 years ago

"Troll-ish" I've never classified any thread.

IDE like send a warm apology to anybody in the WOZ threads that I've offended.
I'm a sarcastic F¥ck and sometimes you guys are real easy to piss off. No more trolling for me.

Happy flipping boys!
BAS

#28 11 years ago
Quoted from Snowdale:

"Troll-ish" I've never classified any thread.

IDE like send a warm apology to anybody in the WOZ threads that I've offended.
I'm a sarcastic F¥ck and sometimes you guys are real easy to piss off. No more trolling for me.

Happy flipping boys!
BAS

I think i made a mistake. It wasn't you i was thinking of when i wrote that. Sorry.

#29 11 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

They do show progress. But this argument is open to a Wayne MM analogy.

Gambit, just curious, what will your impression be if JJP does put test games on location in July as he said this week? Assume at least a 90% functioning test game that is well received if you are willing to answer this. Thanks, I am just trying to see your viewpoint in more depth. I take everyone's thoughts into consideration in forming my view of the situation and I respect your pinball knowledge about as much as anybody.

#30 11 years ago

Its amazing how 1 or 2 loudmouths can form a group opinion.

Here are the facts:
-1000 have been sold
-OK, so if a few people have jumped ship...who cares? Their issues, not mine. Those games will easily be repurchased.
-It's a new startup company...I for one am absolutely patient because I understand what a huge undertaking this is. If we've waited this long, what's a few more months?
-I have absolute faith in the company due to the people involved.
-Have you played a BAD game Keith Johnson was involved in? I haven't.
-I pretty much love all of Chris Granner's sound packages and Greg Freres' art packages.
-Joe Balcer has designed some really fun games, despite the "Sega-ishness" of the build....so - imagine his design with higher quality.
-Nordmann's helping, and he rocks.

How could you be worried with this team!!?!? Relax, play some other games in the meantime....this game will be solid.

At the end of the day this will be ~2 year project...totally reasonable.

#31 11 years ago

+1 agree with every word

Quoted from Rarehero:

At the end of the day this will be ~2 year project...totally reasonable.

We also need to remember that this isn't a one off project either, they are trying to build a viable company to build this one and other games in the future. I that light, 2 years to go from, "I'm going to start a pinball manufacturing company", to a game rolling off a new production line is close to miraculous!!

#32 11 years ago

Pinball now has the..

Price Police
WOZ Police
ACDC Police

"WOZ due out in 2011 holiday season, Err mid 2012, Err holiday 2012, Err early 2013, Err time to go to another expo/show & fish for more preorders"

Whatever.

I am so over being excited for 2+ years. Enough is enough. When the game is in stock I will buy one & listen to all you JJP strokers that argue about nothing. Till then nearly all of us have money for a WOZ & no damn WOZ.

Another thing, to be clear, I want a WOZ & I want JJP to do VERY WELL. I am just very frustrated with the BS followed by more BS. Come clean already, its a 2013+ game!!!

If this thing doesnt ship soon I see lots of WOZ FS preorder threads (I'd sure take a $1,000.00 loss to get $6,500.00+ back if I needed my damn money from 2 years ago), refund requests (its fair to request a refund since the promised timeline has pased...many times), credit card disputes filed & etc until its a full blown Holland tulip collapse.

Word.

#33 11 years ago

That a** is much better Snow, leaves a little to the imagination!

#34 11 years ago

Enough of these threads.

You don't always have to read them. I ordered a WOZ in Jan. 2011 and even I don't often click the JJP threads. The wait went from no big deal, to very hard, back down to no big deal. It'll get here when it gets here, hopefully soon, but I just want it to be right. I don't want to be installing brackets two months down the line because this or that is starting to crack, or sending boards out to get repaired, or whatever. It's a start up, and this is business as usual for a start up as far as I'm concerned.

One nagging thought did enter my head this week though... I had a chance (as we all did) to get a TRON LE for $5k in May of 2011. I didn't because I had my money on WOZ. At this point, I could have played that for a year and sold it without losing anything, and had more than enough to get a WOZ in the past few months.... ah well, you can't have them all...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 16.95
11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

9,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Santa Maria, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 199.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 29.99
Hardware
Classic Game Rooms

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
RavSpec

$ 5.00
$ 115.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 29.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 55.00
Lighting - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

13,000 (OBO)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-jump-ship-yet-good-things-happen-to-those-that-wait-woz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.