Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 31 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by egyptrus
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

shopvac.jpg
    IMG_20141112_171603709.jpg

#1 9 years ago

Yup'..... First time in 16 years in the hobby! Just pulled on the glass to change a friggin' bulb.... And....... BLAMO! The best part is, with each attempt to pull out the glass in large pieces, it crumbles even more. Sigh.....~SpOoKy

IMG_20141112_171603709.jpgIMG_20141112_171603709.jpg
    #2 9 years ago

Flip the machine upside down and shake it.

#3 9 years ago

Suck it up...

...with a Shop Vac!

shopvac.jpgshopvac.jpg

#4 9 years ago

I joined a year in the hobby,what took so long? sucks cleaning that up......

#5 9 years ago
    Quoted from JIM_Z:

I joined a year in the hobby,what took so long? sucks cleaning that up......

Lol! Yeah I guess I'm late to the "party"! ~Spooks

#6 9 years ago

Get your wife to suck it

up with a shop vac!

#7 9 years ago

Yeah, but then she would call me a dork! ~Spooks

#8 9 years ago

Well you have a hole in the middle so try putting something under the glass that hasn't fallen yet that will catch the glass as it falls.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Yup'..... First time in 16 years in the hobby! Just pulled on the glass to change a friggin' bulb.... And....... BLAMO! The best part is, with each attempt to pull out the glass in large pieces, it crumbles even more. Sigh.....~Spooky

Yes it happened to me . It really sucks . I marked thumbs down because it is a real drag . So why would one mark thumbs up. Get the shop vac out . Good luck .

#10 9 years ago

I think everyone here sells shop vac lol! ~Spooks

#11 9 years ago

That sucks. Just be thankful it wasn't PDI glass ...

#12 9 years ago

Twice, but never in a game.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from PEN:

Twice, but never in a game.

Please, don't tell me that. I have two sheets of glass sitting on carpet, like 3 ft. from there!~Spooks

#14 9 years ago

That sucks. Going to be a bitch getting the glass out of all the nooks and crannys.

#15 9 years ago

well a good time for another shop job

#16 9 years ago

Wow -
    Game Plan pins already don't get love. And you throw this on top of that. No one will ever want another GP pin again (more for us!)

You have my sympathies having to clean that up.

viperrwk

#17 9 years ago

i would totally want a GP i played a sharpshooter for the first time. I love the 2 pops by the flipper.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Please, don't tell me that. I have two sheets of glass sitting on carpet, like 3 ft. from there!~Spooks

I always keep glass away from anywhere someone could hit it or knock it over, but....as they say $^!# happens.

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Yes it happened to me . It really sucks . I marked thumbs down because it is a real drag . So why would one mark thumbs up. Get the shop vac out . Good luck .

Mark it a thumb up since it didnt happen to you (again) or me!

Positive vibes dude!

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Just pulled on the glass to change a friggin' bulb.... And....... BLAMO!

So what caused the glass to pop? Did it get in a bind or catch as you pulled it out? Hit the edge on metal, etc?

Or does this happen randomly for unknown reasons, like every time you move glass you have a 0.1% chance of destruction.

#21 9 years ago

well better than a backglass

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

Mark it a thumb up since it didnt happen to you (again) or me!
    Positive vibes dude!

centerflank for moderator.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from SpOoKyRiDeS:

Yup'..... First time in 16 years in the hobby! Just pulled on the glass to change a friggin' bulb.... And....... BLAMO! The best part is, with each attempt to pull out the glass in large pieces, it crumbles even more. Sigh.....~Spooky

IMG_20141112_171603709.jpg 276 KB

your bad luck is behind you now.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I marked thumbs down because it is a real drag . .

Thumbs down for having to look at your pecs.

#25 9 years ago

Damn... and from what I can see, that looks like a real clean Sharpshooter. Man your caps are white! Mine are a 90's computer era of yellow now lol.

#26 9 years ago

did you give your shop vac a workout?

#27 9 years ago
    Quoted from Gensega:

Damn... and from what I can see, that looks like a real clean Sharpshooter. Man your caps are white! Mine are a 90's computer era of yellow now lol.

It is, and I may have a few more clean caps kicking around here. Send me a pm,maybe I can help you out. gotta gain some damn good pin karma! ~Spooks

#28 9 years ago

All is now fine folks, the cleanup is underway. Live, laugh, and learn. Sharp Shooter will be fine. Thought it funny to share, and I laughed at myself many times at this thread. Thanks to all for the smiles!~Spooks

#29 9 years ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Thanks Rob... I'll be donating free Sharp Shooter pop caps in your name. ~Spooks

#30 9 years ago

Ouch I did that exactly the same way. It was 15 minutes before a birthday party was to take place in the game room. I did the shop vac thing and pulled glass out of the game for the next several days it went everywhere in the game. Good luck!

#31 9 years ago

That is a total bummer...you'll be finding pieces of glass for years to come. It's amazing how long it takes to get it all when it breaks in a game. This, *knocks on wood*, hasn't happened to me yet but I have bought games that have had glass broken in them.

Dave

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-join-this-club and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.