(Topic ID: 274839)

Don’t ever say never - paypal fxxcked me

By baller88

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg
    XqvGzHIcHkqOx6WWG-6-iJVsZksY12GG0_a959ZDKpo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    free (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#27 3 years ago

You have to sue them. Have your attorney draw up a letter to demand payment or return of machine in it's original condition. Have the attorney explain that you will sue for the machine, damages, and ALL costs. This might be enough to scare them into returning the machine. Any judge in the world will tell them, you got your money back, you must return the merchandise. I would also be on the phone with paypal working up the ladder to get an explaination of other and making sure they know that they are condoning theft of merchandise. Paypal sucks!

Oh wow, I just re-read your last sentence. You took F&F. Sorry dude, you caused your own issues. They probably have sold the TZ by now. See, they paid you with F&F on their mastercard. They called Paypal and paypal told them sorry, we are no help on F & F payments. So they called Mastercard and claimed fraud. Mastercard then charged Paypal back. Paypal calls you and decides they really don't want to deal with this and chalked it up as "other". Too bad, so sad. You are a business and you circumvented Paypal fees. Paypal is not going to do ANYTHING to help you. Court is your only option at this point.

When is everyone going to learn that this F&F payments through Paypal is not meant for business transactions?

#34 3 years ago
    Quoted from Wickerman2:

May be wrong but my understanding was F&F was to be avoided if you want safest transaction as BUYER. No?
    All that said, how is this transaction different than any credit card purchase by strangers in any business? Serious question.

By using Paypal friends and family, paypal is now a 3rd party processor. He also circumvented Paypal fees, Paypal is not going to fight Mastercard on his behalf.

If he had taken the Mastercard directly, he would have all the bank info and could have made a proper defense to the customer's chargeback.

#38 3 years ago

Should change the title to "I fxxcked myself by taking Paypal friends and family because I am a business and tried to avoid fees"

#175 3 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Time to talk to your local Hell's Angels.

Is the appropriate response hell yeah?

#222 3 years ago
    Quoted from baller88:

Levi nailed it for the most part
    They weren’t trying to scam Just pissed off and expected a retail level of service that is sometimes not possible with old pinball machines I told them what I needed to clear and they added the calculations and paid the fees PayPal got paid by the buyer I saw the correct amount clear and I never really thought about dissecting it. I’m optimistic still and I truly believe this wasn’t malicious, Btw for the negative people ok this forum - I’m posting this so others are aware in this community on what could happen Posting on a public forum isn’t my thing . Everyone ever ripped off should always share with the community Pride needs to be set aside to protect others from getting scammed PayPal Nigerians and all the fake websites tell # s etc

You took Friends and Family, period. You did it to avoid the Paypal fees and possibly having to report the sale. Paypal got paid fees from the sender because they used a credit card instead of a bank account. So if the buyer included fees in the payment, you actually got more than $7500? Who's eyes are you trying to pull the wool over? Once the buyer complained to the credit card company , you were done. Paypal is 3rd party at that point and not going to lose their $7500 to a he said she said.

With all that being said, it's complete bullshit these people still have a game they didn't pay for. I hope you get it back or get paid again for it. CASH.

#224 3 years ago
    Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Need to rename this thread:
    Vid showed up!!! and paypal still sucks.

Right!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider vdojaq.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-ever-say-never-paypal-fxxcked-me-?tu=vdojaq and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.