(Topic ID: 274839)

Don’t ever say never - paypal fxxcked me

By baller88

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg
    XqvGzHIcHkqOx6WWG-6-iJVsZksY12GG0_a959ZDKpo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    free (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 3 years ago
    Quoted from Lermods:

Never use PayPal for large receipts. Cash or bank wire transfer only. Do you have a written receipt where it says no warranty implied?

Exactly !!!
    From what I’ve learned here on pinside write up a receipt on a piece of paper with the serial number And date Clearly stating the machine is sold as is / no warranty.
    Make them sign it.
    If they won’t it’s a red flag.

#25 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Sorry to hear that Rob. I agree, get the police involved. That's pricey enough that they should take it seriously.

Don’t ever count on the police.
    I respect and support them but a buddy’s work trailer was stolen Last year out of his driveway.
    It had 40,000 worth of tools in it.
    Trailer was worth 10,000.
    Police did nothing.
    He canvased his county For a couple weeks and Finally found it in a driveway.
    Police didn’t want to get involved.
    He Finally drove and parked in front of the home he found it at and called 911.
    The drug addict who answered the door When 5.0 knocked played dumb.
    This is a rental property And I don’t know where it came from.
    I thought it was the landlords.
    Total scumbag.
    He got the trailer back but most of the tools had already been sold for drug money.
    Sad

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from BazilBLast:

I may be old school but I've always brought and sold my pins with cash .
    Ca$h is king .

I agree , how can they legally keep the machine .

Unfortunately in the USA the laws typically favor the criminal.
    You have to prove what they did was illegal and have documentation to prove it.
    Chances are the police will say It’s a civil matter , to Get a lawyer/file suit against them and they aren’t getting involved.
    If you had CCTV of them stealing it from your home that would be a very different story.

#74 3 years ago
    Quoted from underlord:

Get it back the old school way. March up to that front door, shoulders back, steady stance., arms down to not seem threatening. Knock firmly. Stand slightly off center, not in the middle of the doorway in case of arms fire.
    When they answer, with all your baritone in voice, state, “I’d like the TZ returned please.”
    You’re welcome.

I agree 100% And if not successful on day 1 repeat every day or couple days until they answer the door give you the machine or cash for it.
    If all else fails tell them they will be hearing from your attorney who is a Senior partner at Dewey Cheatem and Howe.

#95 3 years ago
    Quoted from captainadam_21:

Where are Vid's two eastern European friends when you need them?

What were their names?

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

The proper name for that in the US is, Innocent until proven guilty.

Are the buyers who have both OP’s machine and a full refund of payment they gave him innocent?

Sorry but just like The Dewey Cox song these buyers are obviously
    “Guilty as charged “

4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg
    #255 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You forgot the part about would have knocked any children out of the way.

That’s easily one of my favorite Pinside tales of all time!
    What were his buddy’s names?
    Popock and Beelow ?

Did OP finally admit it was a joke post to bust Vids balls ? I can’t remember.
    Can someone please post a link to that topic, I can’t seem to locate it.

#263 3 years ago
    Quoted from xamindar:

In all honesty, we haven't heard their side so how can you pass judgement on them so decisively? Whatever, I'm just glad I live in the US with these basic human rights.

I agree and feel fortunate to live in the USA but... if the buyer was refunded the full purchase amount by their CC company They should have contacted the seller to pick up the machine. Not doing that is criminal in my opinion as long as the OP didn’t twist any the facts.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ultimategameroom.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-ever-say-never-paypal-fxxcked-me-?tu=ultimategameroom and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.