(Topic ID: 274839)

Don’t ever say never - paypal fxxcked me

By baller88

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg
    XqvGzHIcHkqOx6WWG-6-iJVsZksY12GG0_a959ZDKpo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    free (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#112 3 years ago

I would never accept PayPal from anyone. I’ve used it as a buyer when requested by a seller only.

Question: I have always seen people say friends and family is the way to go if you are a seller because it is harder for the buyer to reverse the transaction on you. Apparently that is no longer the case?

#147 3 years ago
    Quoted from colonel_caverne:

I don’t get it with Friend and family payment.
    I alway though that those who are paying with FnF were not protected with paypal policy. Why buyer has been refunded?

Yea, I thought that F&F payment meant there was no recourse for the buyer but through PayPal, but clearly the credit card chargeback took full precedence. I know that a lot of the people on Pinside that have been hit by the scammer had lost out due to making a F&F paypal payment but they apparently didn’t make that payment through a credit card.

#158 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

You hit the nail square on the head, cops will not involve themselves--civil all the way.

Whether law enforcement will get involved is totally dependent on the local law enforcement office. There are plenty of locations in the US that law enforcement would investigate this matter if a report were to be filed (there are also plenty that would view this entirely as a civil dispute and not involve themselves). The OP should go through the steps of filing a report, he may need it for other reasons as well such as an insurance claim if he has insurance to cover against this sort of thing.

Hopefully he is able to recover his game at some point.

#173 3 years ago
    Quoted from Billy16:

There is absolutely no way to prove any criminal intent here. Maybe a small town department might look at this, but it is totally a civil matter.

Well, if it were me based on the same facts that have been shared with us here, I’d approach the matter by reporting the item as stolen and then file for charges to be brought for them being in possession of stolen property (no need to show criminal intent at the onset with that approach). This would mean the OP could potentially get the item back if it gets re-sold to a third party as well...he would at least have a chance. If he does nothing then he has no chance if they won’t return the machine.

I agree this is all location specific and whatever approach may work in Texas or Nevada may not work in California or some other state. Every area is totally different. I also agree we are probably missing some key info that would impact the thought process and possibly even the recovery options.

#236 3 years ago
    Quoted from sethi_i:

I'm not sure where you live, but that's not how it works here. My car was stolen in Denver. Called the cops and gave details of where and what. There were no injuries; I had no idea who took it; I had no description to give. I waited three hours for someone to show up and called again. They said they had all of the details they needed...."we'll let you know if we find it".
    I doubt that the Great Pinball Robbery would generate a visit here!

If law enforcement is not willing to travel to you to receive the complaint and statement, the proper protocol is to go down to the precinct and file your complaint in person. Many insurance companies require you to do this for stolen items and law enforcement will accept your complaint (they may do nothing about it, but they will give you a complaint number and keep a record of it).

Quoted from JohnnyPinball007:

Need to rename this thread:
    Vid showed up!!! and paypal still sucks.

Totally agree. Vid’s appearance is by far the best thing in this thread. Now we just need to figure out a way to get him to stay.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider TigerLaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-ever-say-never-paypal-fxxcked-me-?tu=TigerLaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.