(Topic ID: 274839)

Don’t ever say never - paypal fxxcked me

By baller88

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

4F9759D5-B3E3-4323-84F0-F50DC33DE651 (resized).jpeg
    XqvGzHIcHkqOx6WWG-6-iJVsZksY12GG0_a959ZDKpo (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    giphy.gif
    free (resized).PNG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#127 3 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes this is my belief as well.

Absolutely....there is nothing criminal here for the police to even consider. I was in law enforcement for well over 25 years, and we got these type of calls all of the time. Dispatch won't even bother sending a unit.....it's a civil matter all of the way, but not limited to just the buyer. The case is with PayPal and the Credit card folks as well...and can get very complicated. Yes, I know what the agreements state, but I would contact your states attorney and start with their consumer affairs division first. You should be able to recover the machine....I realize the laws favor the consumer here, but they were never intended to be punitive towards the supplier either.

#153 3 years ago
    Quoted from jaytrem:

Question about paypal f+f. Can an email account be set to not accept f+f? If not I think the PinballStar paypal incident would potentially make for a nice class action. It shouldn't be his responsibilty to make sure which paypal method people are paying with. No doubt similar stuff has happened to countless companies.

Everyone needs to stop thinking of the "friends and family" part of PayPal as offering some sort of protection....THERE IS NONE.....Period. The only thing F&F does is to allow the sender to pay the percentage PayPal holds for facilitating the transaction. Outside of that, there is no difference in protections offered. The sender can still do a chargeback, they can still make a complaint, etc. End result, you can get just as screwed with F&F as with any other CC based payment.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Manimal.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-ever-say-never-paypal-fxxcked-me-?tu=Manimal and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.