Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 18 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Mrjamma
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    #1 10 years ago

I can't play in a bright room so the WOz GI is killing me. Ordered some stuff and put it on my game.

WOZ before

image.jpgimage.jpg

#2 10 years ago

Cointaker star post things

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#3 10 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg

#4 10 years ago

Grabbed the 12v from the two coindoor insert bulbs, I just added some clips to the lamp leads. Ill hard wire later if I have to.

#5 10 years ago

Looks bright enough to me....does everybody have to play in the Silence of the Lambs dungeon?

#6 10 years ago

The brightness of the GI offsets the brightness of the inserts a bit. Will make the game harder as your tightening the clearance of the inlanes but if you play at home you should welcome the challenge.

Going to save Dorothy...

Here's my 7 yr old rocking "her" WOZ. Awesome.

// Error: Image 122673 not found //

#7 10 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Looks bright enough to me....does everybody have to play in the Silence of the Lambs dungeon?

My game room is nowhere near dark. I said I don't like to play in bright lights, big difference.

#8 10 years ago

Very interesting, I had never thought of using those lit star posts to increase GI illumination. I thought that they were more for a cool effect. Glad to hear that it helps.

#9 10 years ago

Helps me a lot, just stacked Rescue and main MB for first time.

As for my dungeon lighting this is how my room is lit, far from dark

image.jpgimage.jpg

#10 10 years ago

It's so dark in there that I can't even see the pit where you keep your victims.

#11 10 years ago

It's so dark in there that I can't even see the pit where you keep your victims.

She's just to the left of WOZ

image.jpgimage.jpg

#12 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

She's just to the left of WOZ

Lol you creepy sonnagun

Made it your avatar too lol

#13 10 years ago

Taylor where is the basket for 'it' to put the lotion??

#15 10 years ago

Must say that the game has me up past 2am. F'cking fun pin.

#16 10 years ago

I want to play. so . bad.

#18 10 years ago

Do you have "Goodbye Horses" playing on an endless loop?

#19 10 years ago

Why do you ask?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#20 10 years ago

Oh wait, was WOZ a great big fat person?

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
    #23 10 years ago

Great idea, I agree something about the WOZ GI should be done. This looks like a great option, well done!

#24 10 years ago

I played until around 3:30am last night. I havent done that since getting my AFM.

The Starpost really did the trick. My games improved dramatically and I tried playing in various lighting conditions as well as complete darkness.

#25 10 years ago

How many star posts did you add Taylor?

#26 10 years ago

Just two at the bottom. I had four installed but only two of the four I ordered worked.

Once I get those replaced I will try with all four installed but not sure it is needed. I'm going to eventually make a plug and play harness to pull 12v from the coindoor lamps.

#27 10 years ago

One more pic..

image.jpgimage.jpg

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

Just two at the bottom. I had four installed but only two of the four I ordered worked.
    Once I get those replaced I will try with all four installed but not sure it is needed. I'm going to eventually make a plug and play harness to pull 12v from the coindoor lamps.

Btw, great service from Cointaker for getting out some new boards ASAP.

#29 10 years ago

It rubs the lotion on it...........

Wasn't referring to you specifically Taylor but now that I see your game room

Very cool by the way, is that a mini split in there?

#30 10 years ago

I have used the lit star posts a bit. They are not all that bright. In woz, since its so dark, it probably makes a huge difference. But even that last pic you posted still shows complete darkness in the entire center of the playfield area. Not only that, but almost all the star posts I installed ( in my afm) have since died. The last is barely flickering. I hope yours last longer. But with two arriving dead, doesn't sound like its off to a good start

Still, for game rooms where there is already decent lighting and for people that can follow the ball in somewhat darker room, this might be enough. I couldn't play with these. But my eyes aren't so good, which is why I require so much brightening on all my games.

#31 10 years ago

I added 2 spots on the slings & 1 in the trough. I think if I add the light up posts,Ill be set. Here's a picture in a totally dark room.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I added 2 spots on the slings & 1 in the trough. I think if I add the light up posts,Ill be set. Here's a picture in a totally dark room.

That looks pretty good and should be fairly simple to copy. What kind of LEDs did you use? I assume they are 12 volt but it would be nice to know the specific brand/type.

#33 10 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

I think that pic would look even better when the inserts are dialed down some. Good work.

Maybe a spot light by one of the inlanes but pointing a bit more from left/right similar to LOTR would be worth considering too?

I'd bet that would take care of the lower 3rd no prob image.jpgimage.jpg

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from Breadfan:

That is totally dark right in front of the flippers - the most important area you need light.

#35 10 years ago

I have used the lit star posts a bit. They are not all that bright. In woz, since its so dark, it probably makes a huge difference. But even that last pic you posted still shows complete darkness in the entire center of the playfield area. Not only that, but almost all the star posts I installed ( in my afm) have since died. The last is barely flickering. I hope yours last longer. But with two arriving dead, doesn't sound like its off to a good start
    Still, for game rooms where there is already decent lighting and for people that can follow the ball in somewhat darker room, this might be enough. I couldn't play with these. But my eyes aren't so good, which is why I require so much brightening on all my games.

The post lights are plenty bright.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Great idea, but for the price they charge for the starposts you would certainly expect them to last longer. I'll have to wait for some type of improvement in them I guess.

#37 10 years ago

I've had some in my AFM for 4+ years from GLM. These are from Cointaker so not sure how they will hold up but if the fail Ill buy some from GLM.

For $7 I thought it was a pretty cheap solution.

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from playernumber4:

Great idea, but for the price they charge for the starposts you would certainly expect them to last longer. I'll have to wait for some type of improvement in them I guess.

Get the ones from Great Lakes Modular. I've never had any come back to me having failed.

--
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

#39 10 years ago
    Quoted from Borygard:

Get the ones from Great Lakes Modular. I've never had any come back to me having failed.
    --
    Rob Anthony
    Pinball Classics
    http://LockWhenLit.com
    Quality Board Work - In Home Service
    borygard at gmail dot com

Thats good news. Thanks Rob.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from TaylorVA:

The post lights are plenty bright.

Flashbang! Those are a nice addition.

#41 10 years ago

I wondered how long it would take for someone to mod a Wizard of Oz.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-drink-and-modwoz-gi-mod and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.