Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 33 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by ArkhamB
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arkhamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

Don't buy from sj_arcades1 on Ebay, no class or integrity.

sj_arcades1 listed a Stern Avengers pinball on Ebay for sale. I bid on it, was the leading bidder at around $2950(my max bid was higher) with a little under 24 hours left in the auction. The auction was cancelled with reason being "item was lost or broken".

Now 2 days later this person relisted the same Avengers pinball machine at minimum $4200 bid.

If they weren't happy with the price they should have put a reserve amount. Even a child would know that. Unreal that someone on Ebay who has 289 sales on ebay with 100% rating doesn't know that.

Funny thing is you can't leave feedback without a sale, and there is no sale cause the guy pulled the rug out from under me.

Can't imagine if I won the auction, showed up and they wouldn't sell me the machine for the price they agreed to.

Very frustrating to be checking something for almost a week, thinking you're in the hunt for a nice newer pinball machine and have the auction cancelled on a lie.

Anyway, that's all. Don't bid on Ebay items from sj_arcades1 .They may cancel the sale on you without warning.

#6 8 years ago

Yeah vid...lesson learned. I was frustrated when I saw it was relisted so quick. Called ebay to complain, first guy talked to said no they can't do that, then the person he transferred to me said it would put a ding on them but that's all.
Thanks for the reply

Thanks pinny...Figured if I got it for 3k was getting a great deal and was willing to drive out there. That said probably didn't add up gas/tolls/time in my head. Usually Ebay is way overpriced, but the bid was reasonable so I threw in a bid expecting it to get run over in the last day.

#7 8 years ago

Butch...the SM machine?

#10 8 years ago

Yeah, I'm new to pinball but I saw something similar on the Avengers. Eye bolt to the right of the coin door.

Eh not interested in the Avengers at the new price. I think I'll wait for tax return in a month or two to get something else.

Well at least he's going to honor your bid. Do me a favor, wait till your machine is loaded up and then tell him I didn't appreciate him backing out on the auction.

Post on how it went. I hope it goes well

#13 8 years ago

If I put up the auction and it was running for 9 days with a lot of bids, I think its too late at that point. I would sell it for whatever it ended at.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from wiredoug:

Dont sell to buyer ArkhamB on ebay either... he doesnt understand that when a business uses ebay it is advertising not a garage sale

Lol Doug No didn't know that.

Quoted from thearcadegeek:

everyone waits until the last 20 seconds to seriously bid anyway. He may have gotten his price regardless of cancellation... I doubt you would have ended up the winner at $2,950 given there were 24 hours to go.

DGA, thats what I thought was gonna happen, at least last couple of hours. I had a bid in on X Files a couple of months ago, local seller, great price, then someone snatched it up in last few minutes. For a still decent price. Do they still have those programs that submit last second bids, or is it manual now?

#31 8 years ago

Lol Snyper

Les...I read that rule somewhere to. Hopefully he has to pay them.

Thanks Butch...I can believe there was nothing malicious, but it's still not fair that a seller can do that. I'm not still steaming about it, that's life

It is nice to be able to come on here to vent about a wrong. Good to hear all the responses too, pro and con

Great forum here at Pinside!!

#33 8 years ago

Yeah just Pro...don't have that much $ to spend. Even at that I'm not actively looking for an Avengers, I like the theme and thought I would bid on it if the price stayed under the normal range.
Thanks for asking.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

5,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allentown, PA
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 255.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™

Lighting - Backbox
PinWoofer

$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

4,950 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
White Oak, PA
$ 79.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 64.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 27.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 26.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider arkhamb.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-buy-from-sj_arcades1-on-ebay?tu=arkhamb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.