Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Don't Break the Oath!!!”

• I will not break the oath! 109 votes
      78%
    • I will not break the oath until Stern releases a theme I like, at which point I will cave like a girlie man! 26 votes
      19%
    • What is a King Diamond? and where did my One Direction CD go? 1D4Life! 4 votes
      3%

(139 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

kd.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    king-diamond.jpg
    blackened whoopers.jpg
    bkd.jpg
    the oath.jpg
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from zippydapinhead:

Crap, they would be speechless when they saw my cabinets of vinyl lp's.

You may be in luck. Vinyl appears to be making a comeback with the young hipsters. I've got a few records myself, just no record player. And I can't bring myself to buy one just to listen to Huey Lewis and the News on vinyl.

#52 10 years ago

Never thought I would see a King Diamond reference on Pinside. Awesome.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from wiggy07:

Never thought I would see a King Diamond reference on Pinside. Awesome.

I've been surprised at how many metalheads are into pinball. Who would have thought that we would have AC/DC, Metallica, and talk of a potential Maiden pin. Black metal is probably not gonna happen though.

#55 10 years ago

Rings might be a bit much, how about some Oath t-shirts!

#56 10 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

In other words, "Mystery Award 500k licks donkey dong"

How is that a mystery

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

OMG! Like, who even uses CDs anymore?? 1D is all about the MP3!

Me, I still purchase and use cd's. Not one direction though, those tools should be shot into the sun along with reality tv stars and scientologists.
    I also will not be breaking the oath....fark you Stern, a cold day in hell it will be before you get any more money out of me.

#58 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Rings might be a bit much, how about some Oath t-shirts!

Put me down for a shirt and a pledge pin.

#59 10 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Put me down for a shirt and a pledge pin.

A pledge pin? On your uniform?!?!?!

#60 10 years ago

I buy all my metal on vinyl now.More expensive but worth it in my opinion.Not shocker to me though that a few metalheads are also into pins..yay us \m/ king-diamond.jpgking-diamond.jpg

#61 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Inspired by RobT in another thread, how many of us will not break "the oath" in 2014? In other words, boycott Stern purchases until code issues are resolved for our fallen brothers. Okay, so it's another Stern poll, but this one is 10% cooler because it's endorsed by King Diamond!

the oath.jpg 121 KB

One of the most evil albums ever created, deceivingly so...

#62 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Inspired by RobT in another thread, how many of us will not break "the oath" in 2014?

Thanks for the reference.

I am unlikely to break the oath. The only real possibility would be for a Zombie pin. Even then....I much prefer to wait, play it, then decide.

And wait for code.

#63 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I'm not a huge Twisted Sister fan, but that video was one for the ages...

#64 10 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

#65 10 years ago

Being this is a "metal" thread, I assumed he was referring to TS. But that movie was epic as well.

#66 10 years ago

Huge Fate fan here!! And I think I should receive credit over RobT for posting this thread!!!

mf2.jpgmf2.jpg mf1.jpgmf1.jpg
    #67 10 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

And I think I should receive credit over RobT for posting this thread!!!

Based on that picture, I don't think that you can get credit for being "over" anyone.

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Huge Fate fan here!! And I think I should receive credit over RobT for posting this thread!!!

Nice pics. What year is that first one from? Looks classic.

#69 10 years ago

Early 90s in Tampa / Ace's Records and Tapes. Later we got to hang out with Andy LaRocque too, we used his studio for one of our bands.

#70 10 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Early 90s in Tampa / Ace's Records and Tapes. Later we got to hang out with Andy LaRocque too, we used his studio for one of our bands.

I was going to guess 93 or 94. Looks like an In the Shadows poster in the background. Great album, I still have my copy I bought 20 years ago on release.

#71 10 years ago

So, If I buy a HUO AC/DC premium from some other pinsider, I still am abiding by the oath correct? But say that guy goes and buys a Stern NIB, is that considered aiding&abetting and breaks my oath?

#72 10 years ago

The oath doesn't apply to AC/DC. The code on that one is fantastic!

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from eXidy:

Awesome photo bro.I think its sad out of the countless bands I have seen since 88.I have yet to see Diamond in any form.Was suppose to see the conspiracy tour,ride flaked.and years later on the puppet master tour,he cancelled Maybe one day

#74 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

So, If I buy a HUO AC/DC premium from some other pinsider, I still am abiding by the oath correct? But say that guy goes and buys a Stern NIB, is that considered aiding&abetting and breaks my oath?

Yes. You would be not be breaking the oath, but either aiding and abetting or an accessory after the fact on the other guy's "crime".

(So the rationalizations begin .... )

#75 10 years ago

Underlord shall honor his oath to his fallen pin-brothers. May Xmen and avengers code rain upon you all!!!

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from centerflank:

I will have my lawyer look into this. This may be a matter for the Supreme Court to decide.

#77 10 years ago

If anyone finds their oath keeping wavering I'm available as a sponsor. I'll talk you down off the ledge after the January announcement if you find the theme shiny and alluring.

#78 10 years ago

We saw King Diamond with Armoured Saint in 1988/1989.
    Also saw Fate a couple of times around 97/98.

kd.jpgkd.jpg
    #79 10 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If anyone finds their oath keeping wavering I'm available as a sponsor. I'll talk you down off the ledge after the January announcement if you find the theme shiny and alluring.

Once you takest the oath, there is no givesie backsie!

#80 10 years ago

The way some guys around here act like having an AC/DC in the house is going to send them and their families straight to hell, these King Diamond pics are surely causing distress.

#81 10 years ago

I want to make this oath but not sure I can resist Iron Maiden. I guarantee you I won't buy another Borg title again, is that like a sorta oath?

After Metallica I doubt I could do it, but pinball has led me down some crazy roads.Hold me please.

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from starbase:

I want to make this oath but not sure I can resist Iron Maiden. I guarantee you I won't buy another Borg title again, is that like a sorta oath?
    After Metallica I doubt I could do it, but pinball has led me down some crazy roads.Hold me please.

What's so bad about breaking even on a pin?
    I throw a party anytime that happens.
    Better than taking a loss on say X men
    Party on Wayne

#83 10 years ago

I want Stern to fix the code as well...but an oath.....hell no if I see a pin I want and can afford it I WILL buy it...just that simple!

#84 10 years ago

99 have taken the oath... just need one more. At which point I will print out this thread. Seal it in a tiny wooden coffin. And mail it to Stern Headquarters. Or not.

#85 10 years ago

I will passing on the Star Trek LE. Waiting for my Metallica LE code update

#86 10 years ago
    Quoted from RobT:

The oath doesn't apply to AC/DC. The code on that one is fantastic!

Damn lawyers, always looking for the loopholes.

#87 10 years ago

No problem with keeping the Oath as I must confess I never intended to buy a NIB Stern anyway... I have zero interest in limited editions if a regular version is available in parallel, so I can wait until code is mature, test the game, decide if I am looking for a pro (most cases) or a premium (ACDC may be).

I am proud to belong to the 'scavengers" category, ready to buy a routed pin when priced fairly. Took me 10 years to get a LOTR...and 5 years to decide WPT was a blast for the price. I can now wait for an ACDC or WOZ... might also buy a X-men and seriously considering WoF despite unfinished rules.

Absolutely no need to own the latest, brightest, "hypest" Stern game in town... even if this is a beloved theme for me (TWD, Elvira 3, Whoa Nelly).

Predator and Nemo (possibly Wrath of Olympus) will make my day. I played Nemo prototype, and watched lots and lots of videos of the 2 other pins to decide I wanted to join these adventures. The journey is the reward.

#88 10 years ago

I will ride this out to the bitter end. Or whenever TWD is released. Both are good.

#89 10 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

OMG! Like, who even uses CDs anymore?? 1D is all about the MP3!

What's an MP3 disk look like? Now those vinyl collectors are really dinosaurs.

#90 10 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

HAHA I really dated myself with that CD reference. If a teen saw my cabinet with 500 CD's in it they would be all ROFLOLTSDMC and ZOMG!

People are totally blown away by my "pointless" 1k plus collection.

#91 10 years ago
    Quoted from Hougie:

People are totally blown away by my "pointless" 1k plus collection.

It's never a bad idea to have a hard copy of your digital files. Just ask this guy...

http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11/28/21654552-it-worker-throws-out-hard-drive-loses-75-million-bitcoin-fortune

#92 10 years ago

Does this count for JJP pins as well?

#93 10 years ago
    Quoted from ninjadoug:

Does this count for JJP pins as well?

You mean "pin"?

..No

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-break-the-oath/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.