5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 93 posts
  • 52 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by RawleyD
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Don't Break the Oath!!!”

• I will not break the oath! 109 votes
      78%
    • I will not break the oath until Stern releases a theme I like, at which point I will cave like a girlie man! 26 votes
      19%
    • What is a King Diamond? and where did my One Direction CD go? 1D4Life! 4 votes
      3%

(139 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

kd.jpg
    mf1.jpg
    mf2.jpg
    king-diamond.jpg
    blackened whoopers.jpg
    bkd.jpg
    the oath.jpg

There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 5 years ago

Inspired by RobT in another thread, how many of us will not break "the oath" in 2014? In other words, boycott Stern purchases until code issues are resolved for our fallen brothers. Okay, so it's another Stern poll, but this one is 10% cooler because it's endorsed by King Diamond!

the oath.jpg

#2 5 years ago

I'm in for a King Diamond pin in 2014.

#3 5 years ago

I believe the oath is only valid unless its a kermit LE. I will not break the oath!

#4 5 years ago
    Quoted from coz6:

I believe the oath is only valid unless its a kermit LE. I will not break the oath!

Let me get this straight. You're going to break the oath for a Kermit pinball! King Diamond does not approve!!

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Let me get this straight. You're going to break the oath for a Kermit pinball! King Diamond does not approve!!

He was my favorite as a child only then will I buy a new Stern LE.

#6 5 years ago

Long Live the King!

#7 5 years ago

I'm gonna have to google to see what happened to King Diamond. Didn't he go back to opera singing?

#8 5 years ago

Im just as pissed about them raising prices while not making any other changes as I am about coding issues.

#9 5 years ago

Nothing to do with lack of code, but I have decided never to buy another NIB pinball machine again. Except maybe one of those Black Knights that are around.

#10 5 years ago

I will not break the oath, until Star Wars comes out.

#11 5 years ago

I prefer "Tea".

#12 5 years ago

First they came for the Wheel of Fortune, and I did not speak out--
    Because I did not own a Wheel of Fortune.

Then they came for the Transformers, and I did not speak out--
    Because I did not own a Transformers.

Then they came for the X Men, and I did not speak out--
    Because I did not own an X Men.

Then they came for MET--and there was no one left to speak for MET.

#13 5 years ago

I would break the oath for The Big Lebowski but the bean counters would chop it up so bad it wouldn't be worth the 9.2K price tag.

#14 5 years ago

I don't believe the oath will hold.

If people like the next game announce, preorders will be ready and waiting. All the buyers will trust that Stern had learned their lesson and that "the Next Big Game" will have complete code at launch.

If the dealers don't withhold orders, the oath won't matter even in the slightest.

#15 5 years ago

Yeah! The Poll is bull...I think the numbers should be reversed....

#16 5 years ago

I pledge to not break the oath! I will not give STERN a single dollar until all games made in the past 24 months have updated and finished code.

In other words, "Mystery Award 500k licks donkey dong"

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from zucot:

I will not break the oath, until Star Wars comes out.

Great news!!! The King approves this request... in exchange for your mortal soul!

#18 5 years ago

I can't commit to that even though i've never bought a nib game or a stern for that matter. in fact, i might pull the trigger on ac/dc premium soon, so there! Screw all y'all!

#19 5 years ago

Was hoping this was a Mercyful Fate reference!

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

Yeah! The Poll is bull...I think the numbers should be reversed....

Even if you are correct and the numbers should be reversed on a percentage basis that's a massive sales hit to Stern. A 20% or so drop in sales would certainly get their attention. I for 1 think that it is going to be much greater than 20% with the MMR and JJP there are other options. People have had enough.

#21 5 years ago
    Quoted from t2000:

People have had enough.

I agree........BUT, as soon as the Walking Dead machine is announced, let's see what happens...

#22 5 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

I agree........BUT, as soon as the Walking Dead machine is announced, let's see what happens...

Very true I'm sure there is a good number that won't hold back. That's why I said reverse the poll numbers - still 20% is a massive hit. My guess is that PPS will probably announce another title about the same time Stern does. It would be very interesting.

#24 5 years ago

Keeping oath Only bought used

#25 5 years ago

Once you have AVLE, Tron and Transformers that is enough pinball goodness to last well into mid 2015, I really don't want anything except maybe some of those toaster strudels those things sound tempting.

#26 5 years ago

I didn't participate in the oath.

#27 5 years ago

When I read the title of this thread that Mercyful Fate album was the first thing I thought of!

#28 5 years ago

I will not break the oath! Regardless of title, my next pin will be my grail pin MB, so I can easily stick to the oath.

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from tracelifter:

Once you have AVLE, Tron and Transformers that is enough pinball goodness to last well into mid 2015, I really don't want anything except maybe some of those toaster strudels those things sound tempting.

The King enjoys a Toaster Strudel as much as the next metalhead, but you cannot take the oath just because you've already bought all of the Stern's you want! No Strudel for you!!

#30 5 years ago

Toaster Strudels really are awesome. I'm a grown man and I eat them for breakfast once every week or two.

#31 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

The King enjoys a Toaster Strudel as much as the next metalhead, but you cannot take the oath just because you've already bought all of the Stern's you want! No Strudel for you!!

I really wanted a STLE but I felt the 8.2K price was a poke and a joke especially with tax and shipping so I had to pass on it.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Toaster Strudels really are awesome. I'm a grown man and I eat them for breakfast once every week or two.

No shame in that. Pop Tarts, that's where the shame is.

#33 5 years ago

I won't break, in fact ST LE should have been a huge seller, but code along with insane asking price and I think A LOT of people backed out, and Stern probably knows it did us wrong both ways.

probably 70% (wild ass guess) ST LE remain unsold.

#34 5 years ago

I am not going to break the oath! Project pins are where it's at for me till they all play perfectly!

#35 5 years ago

how many are emailing this poll to stern

Info@sternpinball.com I think is the email

#36 5 years ago

Not buying pinball from any company with significant and recurrent coding issues isn't an oath.

It's simply good judgement.

#37 5 years ago
    Quoted from magnoliarichj:

how many are emailing this poll to stern
    Info@sternpinball.com I think is the email

If you email this poll, be sure to send in the results from this one as well:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/we-will-not-give-stern-anymore-of-our-money-until-codes-are-finished

Thread I started a couple weeks ago covering the same intent. According to that one's results, over 300 have "oath'ed" to not buy anymore Sterns, with about 250 willing to buy again if code issues get resolved, and about 60 will keep on buying regardless.

.....for what it's worth, I'm sticking to my "oath".

#39 5 years ago
    Quoted from MXV:

When I read the title of this thread that Mercyful Fate album was the first thing I thought of!

Same

#40 5 years ago

Not sure about the oath. I did not say I won't buy aStern until all the codes are done. I won't buy until MEt gets updated and I won't buy the new title until its released and I see what the game is. lastly I won't pay stupid prices anymore, on that I will just pass.
    I hope Xmen gets fixed but I won't lie in thinking thats past its day.

#41 5 years ago

Freaking love the album but can't make the promise. I'm still in for maiden if it comes.

#42 5 years ago

No problem not breaking that oath. All my future NIB $ goes to JJP or Ballly/Williams remakes (with code done years ago)

#43 5 years ago

I intend to keep the oath.

#44 5 years ago

Master of my domai…. oops

#45 5 years ago

LOL at the Norwegian Burger King! Blackened Whoppers!

blackened whoopers.jpg

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from maddog14:

I'm gonna have to google to see what happened to King Diamond. Didn't he go back to opera singing?

Last I heard, he signed a record deal with Metal Blade. He was also guest vocalist on Room 24, which is one of the best songs on the new Volbeat album IMHO:

#47 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

What is a King Diamond? and where did my One Direction CD go? 1D4Life!

OMG! Like, who even uses CDs anymore?? 1D is all about the MP3!

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinballKen:

OMG! Like, who even uses CDs anymore?? 1D is all about the MP3!

HAHA I really dated myself with that CD reference. If a teen saw my cabinet with 500 CD's in it they would be all ROFLOLTSDMC and ZOMG!

#49 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

If a teen saw my cabinet with 500 CD's in it they would be all ROFLOLTSDMC and ZOMG!

Crap, they would be speechless when they saw my cabinets of vinyl lp's.

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from jkdblaze:

Its not easy being green.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 7,499.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    $ 28.50
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Filament Printing
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 209.99
    $ 219.99
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 87.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 7.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Z
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 99.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Rubber/Silicone
    Scandinavian Pinball
    $ 159.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    Pinball Machine
    Great American Pinball
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 209.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 159.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Great American Pinball
    There are 93 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside