(Topic ID: 80044)

Don't believe the market hype..

By barakawins

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thepin.jpg
    00Y0Y_6pfRyX7dmVA_600x450.jpg
    image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 10 years ago
    Quoted from alexanr1:

It's one thing to be OK with overpaying yourself, it's another thing to think that because you overpaid everyone else will too. Reminds me of the housing bubble, everyone thought someone else would pay more than they did and never asked if the price they paid is above fair market value. I am just sitting back and waiting for people to need cash and will have to sell for what a pin is worth not what they "Over paid" for it.

Exactly. You and me both.......plenty of "dry powder" as that day is fast approaching. It will be like X-MAS during the next recession because that one is going into a nice prolonged depression......our gov't can't bail us out this time as there balance sheet is already "bloated".......should be fun times. I had so much fun in 2008/2009 buying everything from neon signs, jukeboxes, pinball machine, dirt bikes, player piano, ATV's as cash was truly king.....unfortunately, the gov't had to ruin the party for the responsible ones who saved for years and were buying stuff from the people who "borrow money to fund everything".....it will happen again. I love the guys with $25K ++ pinball collections that have debt (mortgage, cars, home equity) up to their ears......they will learn in time !!! Will be interesting to see how if some irresponsible pinsiders (buying pins they truly had no reason buying under the pretense they were "investments") have to sell their pins to pay their bills when they lose their jobs during the next recession/depression.....HOP will be more then happy to give them pennies on the dollar !!!! They should have been paying off their homes rather then buying expensive pins !!!!

#82 10 years ago
    Quoted from PorkChopExpress:

Saw this happen when the last recession sent a lot of new boat owners running for the hills.
    It was a buyers market dreamland.

Recessions are beautiful things for the responsible and patient savers in this country. Next recession I am going to upgrade my boat big time (made sure my permanent slip can handle a much bigger boat this time) as during the last one I bought the house of our dreams so next one it will be the boat of my dreams....a bad depression I would really back up the truck....we are overdue 1929 was a long time ago !!!! If you ask me the balance sheet of this country has never been in worse shape so I am going to patiently wait for the catalyst to get the boulder rolling and once it starts this time the our gov't will not have the financial wherewithal to bail out the irresponsible of which there are way too many (even people who think they are responsible in most cases aren't)......I will be shopping away for deals daily like I did last recession.....PATIENCE is always a VIRTUE when buying anything !!!! 30-40% unemployment (which is where we were headed last time) will mark the bottom next economic downturn no doubt in my mind and my bet is it happens before 2020 !!!! This has been a weak recovery and the next downturn will be lower then the last because we will start it from a much lower level....wait and see !!!!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider houseofpin.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-believe-the-market-hype?tu=houseofpin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.