(Topic ID: 200044)

Don't Announce Drains or Ignores

By o-din

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

hqdefault (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

Yeah, I sincerely don't get the consideration here -- I'm wondering how Pinside or its members are harmed if someone declares they are draining a thread, or someone is put on ignore.
    Can I ask a moderator to please give context, (or just link us to the updated forum rules.)
    thanks!
    -mof

Often times, it's used in a petulant manner, like slamming a door. It doesn't really contribute a whole lot to a conversation, and is used more like a weapon to gain attention and to stir up trouble than anything else.

#27 5 years ago
    Quoted from mof:

In both cases I don't see how either act harms people or the site

Before we enforced the rule, it certainly caused problems and derailed several threads. Now that it is in effect, those problems have been minimized.

We don't enforce rules willy nilly--that just creates more work for the moderators. Usually, there are reasons behind them, like addressing an ongoing problem.

Quoted from mof:

If this is now a rule, I presume the rule is posted somewhere?

It's been posted several times in various threads, but as such, it's one of those smaller rules that is encompassed and helps enforce a larger one, such as "don't derail threads" or "flaming, baiting, trolling or otherwise inflammatory comments" rules.

#32 5 years ago
    Quoted from PopBumperPete:

you also need to remember that Moderators have a range of actions they can take

Yep.

they dont always hand out life bans

It's very rare. Other than spammers/scammers, maybe one or two a year?

i dare say most of the time posters are ejected from a single thread for a week

Eh, a lot of times, it's a moderation warning with no eject. Thread ejects only happen when something is really over the line or if it's the same individual who keeps breaking similar rules.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider forceflow.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dont-announce-drains-or-ignores?tu=forceflow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.