• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Orig_FunFestPF (resized).jpg
cleaned_FunFestPF (resized).jpg
#1 6 years ago

I have only 2 pins at home. A Williams Swinger and a Williams Fun Fest, both working. At the Allentown 2017 Pinfest, I was able to pick up a (almost complete) Fun Fest cabinet. My reasoning was, just to have an inventory of assorted mechanical and playfield parts readily available for both my pins. Once I got everything removed from the cab and PF, I thought, let’s see how this PF cleans up. What can I lose I don’t really need it and it would be a good time to apply some of the “tricks” or methods of cleaning a PF on this one.

I first gently cleaned the PF with Windex and a microfiber cloth to get the layers of dust and dirt off. I then gently used Alcohol, Novus 2 and ME to get the rest off. That worked very well.

The PF also had 5 adhesive mylar bumper protectors. I used the “Freeze” method and plastic blade to initially remove the mylar. That worked like a charm. Now to remove the residual glue, rubbing alcohol and flour made it very easy.

So now, I think I’ll try my skills on PF repair and touch up…

Any quick suggestions before I continue. Before and After pics below.

thanks
Steve

cleaned_FunFestPF (resized).jpgcleaned_FunFestPF (resized).jpg

Orig_FunFestPF (resized).jpgOrig_FunFestPF (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

Looks good! I'm a little jealous... that one is nicer than mine.

1 month later
#3 6 years ago

Looks a little better than the pf on my game. Have the same paint loss areas of course and mine still has the mylar bumper protectors. But mine looked far better than yours when I bought it. Very good work on the clean up.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/donor-pf-fun-fest- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.