Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

article-2740034-20FA849000000578-569_634x257 (resized).jpg
    DarkSide (resized).jpg
    generally off topic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#44 7 years ago

I left iphone 2 years ago, still on my samsung galaxy S5 (I havent' upgraded because there's no longer subsidized phones, so waiting for the google pixel to come down in price).

I hated itunes in general. You had no idea if it was backing everything up, you can't see your photos in itunes (at least not on PC), but you can use explorer. Trying to get custom ringtones meant tricking it by saving a wav file, but renaming the extension (because they want you to buy them). Want a movie? Better be in their very specific .h264 format with proper resolution.

Android:
    I want music, drag over. Not in the right format? Phone will ask if you want to convert it for you
    I want movie, drag over. Not in the right format? Phone will ask if you want to convert it for you

Running out of space on the phone? Move music and photos over to an external micro SD card.
    For movies, I don't believe the stock movie app will recognize external media, but VLC player does very easily (and it has a kick-ass player interface).

Oh also want to MAME arcade games? Sure, download Mame4all, copy roms into folder, buy a $20 bluetooth controller.. very easy:

#64 7 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Besides Face time

Switch to google duo. Better video compression, and it runs on both IOS and android:

#79 7 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

78 million Iphones were sold in the last quarter.

I liked the iphone itself.. it's great hardware that just works. Itunes SUCKS on a PC, it's almost as if they do this on purpose to get you to buy a mac. With that said, even with a snappy processor, samsung phones slow down.. they have all those battery issues so I don't trust them anymore. I wouldn't buy another samsung, but would happily buy another android phone (like google pixel, nexus, or a handful of other great phones).

Also I'll add that most features you see show up on iphone have already been on android for years (IE NFC payments, thumbprint unlocking).

#106 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Try getting 8 years out of a PC...... Yeah right. Apple all the way

no need to, corporate PC's come off lease cheap because there are so many. I just bought an i5 4670 quad core dell (less than 2 years old) for $250 shipped. Toss in a $200 video card and it's oculus rift ready. Even if I buy a used desktop every 3 years it's cheaper than buying equivalent used mac hardware.

3 weeks later
    #149 7 years ago

I believe this thread needs this video

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider toyotaboy.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/done-with-apple?tu=toyotaboy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.