Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 195 posts
  • 81 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Lethal_Inc
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

article-2740034-20FA849000000578-569_634x257 (resized).jpg
    DarkSide (resized).jpg
    generally off topic (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strangesubset1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#21 7 years ago

If Microsoft would have ever gotten its #$%@ together, windows phone could have easily stolen the show of everybody out there. My entire family is on iOS except for me. Every time I pick up one of their devices my frustration level goes through the roof. The OS needs a major refresh.
    I have a Windows Phone, and the app gap is annoying and I will probably have to switch to Android soon, but the user experience is simply amazing otherwise.
    If I like a topic in here...or find something on the net, I don't need to set a bookmark in the browser, I simply pin the page to my start screen, just like I would on my desktop.
    Drag and drop of files (any type, not just photos and music). But....MS gave up on it

#39 7 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

For those leaving Apple products, Apple has a patent for a flexible screen phone. I suspect it will take about 5 years to implement, but it will likely be what most people want once it hits the market. It essentially will bring back the petite flip phone concept with the added features of a full-screen smartphone. The claims of the patent are fairly broad so Apple could be dominant in the foldable screen phone technology.
    https://www.cnet.com/news/apple-patent-foldable-iphone-flexible-display/

Sorry, but you don't have your facts straight. Apple has one patent on it, but Samsung holds one as well and actually for quite a bit longer already. That patent things is a joke anyhow. I recall when apple tried to sue Nokia a couple years back for copying their idea of a touch screen....lol, kind of backfired on apple. Since then apple has been paying millions of dollars each year to Nokia for using their technology in the iPhone. There is a couple hundred patents implemented in the iPhone that are held by Nokia. So believe me, apple won't be the only ones having a bendable screen/phone. Well, actually, let me correct that. Apple was, I recall the 6Plus bending....killed the phone, but it did bend quite a bit.
    In the end there is no"The best phone". It's about what is best for you. And that may vary greatly.

#51 7 years ago
    Quoted from lemonski:

I have a Windows Phone, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy. The UI is awful. If you want to change some of your settings, say, turn internet sharing on, or turn the GPS off, you have to scroll up and down through a huge *unsorted* list of setting categories - with no way to sort or hide them, and no way to jump to anywhere. It's so slow and clunky to switch to the camera or from single photo to video, the moment is long gone. And the IE browser is close to unusable.
    Just waiting for the next iPhone and then into the drawer of dead phones it goes. I wouldn't even sell it online, I'd be too embarrassed to admit I owned it.

Lol. Dude, you just don't know how to use it. It's a one swipe one click process. Called action menu. I am not saying one is better over the other, put ignorant people who bash either system just because they don't know how to use it, should not give advice.
    The big downside on Windows Phone is that it has been abandoned by app developers. The system itself is amazing, and even my friends who are the biggest apple muts really love it.

#86 7 years ago

Can we get back to pinball

#88 7 years ago

I know. Was sarcastic, sorry, not clear enough on my behalf. Just thought it was funny how a topic like this gets more replies in a short time than any other. I guess once the apple vs the rest of the world bomb gets dropped it simply doesn't end.
    OP had a pretty simple question and it turned into a hate fest. No matter where you are, always the same.

3 weeks later
    #128 7 years ago
    Quoted from hoby1:

Yep..... and every time a new iPhone comes out I can sell my old one to cover the cost. Tell me an android phone that holds value like that

Better check your arguement twice there. Maybe you can sell your subsidized iPhone to buy a new subsidized iPhone. You can't sell an old iPhone to cover the cost of a new one out right. Unless you downscale from a plus to a regular or reduce storage.
    Galaxy is very similar in that though. But who buys phones these days anyhow. Live cycle of max one year?
    I am on T-mobile jump and simply switch my phone at least once a year, no extra cost. Yes, switch is extra, but over all I still pay less than I would on Verizon or ATT.

#144 7 years ago
    Quoted from sevenrites:

Too bad Steve Jobs isn't still around, that's the real sad part. A lot of Apple died with him, but they're still very relevant.

One million percent agreed.

#163 7 years ago
    Quoted from PinSinner:

My point is that both have strengths and weaknesses.

True words spoken, that should conclude this discussion. This thread has gone where no man has gone before.....well, not quite, but I like the quote.

#179 7 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

That's the reason why a lot of us don't do Apple. I want full control over my phone. I don't want to be told by Apple how to use my own device. Android just works. It does it's job without asking you questions along the way. New phone? Boom, contacts are already there. I don't know how many times I've seen posts on Facebook from iPhone users who've said they lost their contacts from getting a new iPhone.
    I've got an iPad, and it's constantly reminding me that it hasn't synced to the Cloud in a while. I don't care! Just freaking do it.

Agreed. My wife switched from 6s to 7plus and about 10% of her contacts just disappeared.
    I am running an 18months old Lumia950xl and despite the app-gap, that thing is stable, fast, and just plain joy. I use my phone for work a lot, and the office integration is simply amazing. Now wait for apple uses to come and tell me that their MS office on their iPhone works great....exactly, most iPhone users I know who use their phone for business run Microsoft Office/Outlook on their iPhone.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider strangesubset1.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/done-with-apple?tu=strangesubset1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.