Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

alien_dance.gif
code.gif
199843.jpg
math copy.jpg

This topic is closed.

There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

Game will be delivered in 90 days ish. Invoice 2842, order 5/2012, game number 476.

#2 10 years ago

Hey Joe. That's a bummer. Buy in confidence.

Mark

#3 10 years ago

What distributor did you get yours from?

#4 10 years ago

They still need three more months to complete your game? Serious?

#5 10 years ago

Second post of the day like this. People really getting fed up with JJP right now? Anyone know what the latest is with getting the cabinets direct-printed? Is that the big hold-up again? I'm worried that means Hobbit may not get the direct-printed cabinets now if it's still a headache for JJP.

#6 10 years ago

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale#post-1498230

90 days my a$$. July 2011 orders are being pushed back to "April/May (ish). This is a 5/2012 order, like mine...decided I'm out last night.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale

#7 10 years ago

It is from JJP direct, sorry for not mentioning that.

The "90 days ish" is from Jack himself, on January 14, I believe.

#8 10 years ago
Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

It is from JJP direct, sorry for not mentioning that.
The "90 days ish" is from Jack himself, on January 14, I believe.

Why not just get a refund since you are asking the same price you paid?

#9 10 years ago

Couple reasons. First, I want Jack to succeed. Him cutting refund checks isn't going to help that in the short run. Also, if I cancel, some pinhead that wants the game will have to pay Jack more for it.

Having said that, getting a refund is always an option.

#10 10 years ago

sorry you are going thru this Joe!!

#11 10 years ago

Any sale of a WOZ by a customer is one less JJP can sell because the sale reduces the demand.

#12 10 years ago

So, you want Jack to succeed, but you also want Jack to have $1,000 less dollars in his pocket?

Quoted from JoeGrenuk:

Couple reasons. First, I want Jack to succeed. Him cutting refund checks isn't going to help that in the short run. Also, if I cancel, some pinhead that wants the game will have to pay Jack more for it.

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

So, you want Jack to succeed, but you also want Jack to have $1,000 less dollars in his pocket?

I think making Jack stroke a check is the worst thing that can happen to Jack. Yes, the grand is out there for him, which is why I originally wrote that writing the check isn't going to help him succeed "in the short run". To illustrate how important cash is to JJP or to any startup, ask yourself why all of the paid-for games were not built first. The answer is that prepaid games don't bring in any more cash; he needs new cash.

And probably more importantly, I do want Jack to have $1000 less in his pocket because for me to put that $ in there would be to reward him for what I consider overall bad behavior. I'd much prefer to let some pinhead keep that grand in his pocket cause he hasn't done anything "wrong". Having said that, I believe that Jack makes more than a grand by selling a WOZ or Ruby LE at list price than to sell my game for a grand profit, so the whole grand thing is probably moot.

Quoted from DCFAN:

Any sale of a WOZ by a customer is one less JJP can sell because the sale reduces the demand.

That is absolutely correct. See the "bad behavior" comment above. Along those lines, it is also true that for every WOZ or Ruby LE or Rainbow LE that Jack makes that is one less game that the public can sell. And the more he jacks around on the warranty transferability issue, that's another couple games the public can't sell.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Vs. $7500 less?

#15 10 years ago

Hell, just do the math!
math copy.jpgmath copy.jpg

#16 10 years ago

This is so unfortunate that people have waited this long for their machines.

#17 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hell, just do the math!

Hey, wait a minute there Ted. The result from your formula is only 3.6. What gives?

#18 10 years ago

Oops...I missed a decimal...

#19 10 years ago

The way it's looking, you can sell yours, buy a HUO, play it for 3-6 months and resell that before your original purchase would have been delivered.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hell, just do the math!

math copy.jpg 32 KB

Ted, you forgot to carry the "one". We went over this! Tee Hee

#21 10 years ago

It's frustrating, yes .. but not completely unexpected for a new startup working to solidify relationships with reliable suppliers. We don't exactly see dozens of new pinball companies popping up that are delivering games fast and furiously. If you think your headaches over waiting for WOZ are bad, just think about Jack's headaches.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hell, just do the math!
199843.jpg199843.jpg

I actually used to derive and use this kind of stuff! (Not for pinball pricing, though)

#23 10 years ago
Quoted from CraZ4Pin:

If you think your headaches over waiting for WOZ are bad, just think about Jack's headaches.

I'm sure he's doing the best he can.
I'm sure he's not happy about the delays either.
I'm sure games and delivery times will get better in the future.
I'm sure we are better off WITH Jack than without.
I'm sure I need lunch.

#24 10 years ago

ted we just used one of those integrals in my ap physics class. lol.

#25 10 years ago

...how about this one?

code.gifcode.gif
#26 10 years ago

I'm really sorry to hear this but I do feel your pain.

I can't believe that Jack doesn't want to get those games to his customers as quickly as possible, and there are some hold-ups. I think if JJP was more open about the details of what's delaying things, it might make people feel better, but that might involve pointing the finger at certain suppliers that are not delivering what they need to complete the games, and JJP is between a rock and a hard place not wanting to disparage people they are working with for necessary parts. (This is just speculation on my part but it seems like a reasonable explanation for the delays)

You have to do what you have to do Joe, but I have to tell you, the game is awesome.. it is worth the wait.

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from zippydapinhead:

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale#post-1498230
90 days my a$$. July 2011 orders are being pushed back to "April/May (ish). This is a 5/2012 order, like mine...decided I'm out last night.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/im-doneecwozle-for-sale

I was a July 2011 order, got mine back on November 26, build date 10/29, just after the 7.0v boards started shipping thank god! No problems with my game so far, it's worth the wait Joe, since your last info was from January 14th then you should be close to 30 days... Why not call Jack again!? Selling is ok though, you could always pick one up down the line or buy a regular from a dist.

Tom

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...how about this one?

I'm not sayin' it's aliens... but it's aliens.

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

...how about this one?

Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Nah, I just ran through this formula through my "supa computa" and the output was this.......
...."how much time did you waste before you realised this is a close up of Charles Montgomery Burns with a face pack on"

GLWS Op, like all normal people the wait seems absurd when you can now buy them of the shelf so-to-speak.

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from StevenP:

I actually used to derive and use this kind of stuff! (Not for pinball pricing, though)

Yeah, Ted's image brought back some horrible memories.

One of my final tests for a space communications class involved about 4 hours of a single calculus problem for ground to satellite comms.

#31 10 years ago
Quoted from Betelgeuse:

Quoted from Wolfmarsh:

Yeah, Ted's image brought back some horrible memories.
One of my final tests for a space communications class....

Apparently... it's aliens...

#32 10 years ago

alien_dance.gifalien_dance.gif

#33 10 years ago

So I'm in the paid but no machine club, and my order is from Oct 2011. When Jen returned my call today, she said they were shipping games ordered June 2011, and that my game would likely ship in May. She did also mention that the hardware is STILL being worked on(7.5V boards). What is the over/under on it really coming in May?

#34 10 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

So I'm in the paid but no machine club, and my order is from Oct 2011. When Jen returned my call today, she said they were shipping games ordered June 2011, and that my game would likely ship in May. She did also mention that the hardware is STILL being worked on(7.5V boards). What is the over/under on it really coming in May?

So you purchased a NIB 3 year old machine that is, more than likely, going to have issues when you get it as they haven't resolved all the issues as of yet?!?! I don't think JJP will be winning the JD Powers Customer Service Award this year, again!!!

#35 10 years ago
Quoted from Millz:

So can we officially call the "90 days" thing bullshit? All "ishes" aside? WTF is the holdup? If they haven't figured out how to pump out games yet how in the world are they going to make Hobbit? Who here is willing to wait 3 years for a game again?

I'm past the "it's a startup, give them time" phase personally, and into "this is looking like a shaky business" stage. They got this investment cash infusion, they apparently have funds if they need them, but evidently that's not the problem.

Is this about the cabinets still?

#36 10 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I'm sure he's doing the best he can.
I'm sure he's not happy about the delays either.
I'm sure games and delivery times will get better in the future.

Sadly, you could have made this exact same post about a year ago.

#37 10 years ago

Really hope this kinda of waiting, tweaking/tuning and issues with JJP games gets dealt with for Hobbit. Sad this is a pre-order direct from JJP and was ordered so long ago still not delivered. GLWS

#38 10 years ago

Glwts - great deal if someone does not mind waiting, and this will have all the latest & greatest boards. I believe JJP is trying to get the lighting issue ironed out instead of shipping games they are gonna have to deal with down the road.

#39 10 years ago

I hope you get your game soon, because we can't stop playing ours. It's the most popular game by far out of 70+ machines in the arcade.

#40 10 years ago

Remember, this is a FS thread

#41 10 years ago

OK, just got home from work to find I got my first ever ban vote for the above comment.
OP - I meant no offense by it and was in fact sharing your exact same feelings about our situation.
My similar F/S thread has been locked due to straying off topic in my absence.
Sucks for all of us, and was not trying to derail your F/S thread.
GLWS bump!

Post edited by moderator: Since you felt the need to make your vote pubic, the reason was because of profanity that has been edited. It was not terrible, but not needed. You were more on topic than most

#42 10 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

So can we officially call the "90 days" thing bullshit? All "ishes" aside? WTF is the holdup? If they haven't figured out how to pump out games yet how in the world are they going to make Hobbit? Who here is willing to wait 3 years for a game again?
I'm past the "it's a startup, give them time" phase personally, and into "this is looking like a shaky business" stage. They got this investment cash infusion, they apparently have funds if they need them, but evidently that's not the problem.
Is this about the cabinets still?

Yep, this is business, we are not friends I am a customer. There is no excuse at all that I find acceptable for being this far out on delivering games. If you plan on running a business and gathering several million dollars, then you need to be able to deliver, bottom line. I'm not really sure many people realize just how much you can do with the amount of money he gathered. Honestly, from the pictures of the warehouse, it looks like a garage pinball building shop. Bunch of gravity roller beds, some building stations and a boat load of parts. In reality, there just isn't a lot of money there. I'm watching the company I work for expand again (I've been through several expansions so far), we are talking millions here, way way high tech stuff going up. Jacks not broke, he's not even close to that..., I've got a pretty good idea where the money is now but I'll keep that theory to myself.

Good luck to those who are waiting, for now I'm still one of them also.

#43 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

Yep, this is business, we are not friends I am a customer. There is no excuse at all that I find acceptable for being this far out on delivering games. If you plan on running a business and gathering several million dollars, then you need to be able to deliver, bottom line. I'm not really sure many people realize just how much you can do with the amount of money he gathered. Honestly, from the pictures of the warehouse, it looks like a garage pinball building shop. Bunch of gravity roller beds, some building stations and a boat load of parts. In reality, there just isn't a lot of money there. I'm watching the company I work for expand again (I've been through several expansions so far), we are talking millions here, way way high tech stuff going up. Jacks not broke, he's not even close to that..., I've got a pretty good idea where the money is now but I'll keep that theory to myself.
Good luck to those who are waiting, for now I'm still one of them also.

Oh c'mon. I would love to hear your theory.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from pinstyle:

I've got a pretty good idea where the money is now but I'll keep that theory to myself.

do tell....

#45 10 years ago

Let's hear your WAT (wild ass theory) Might as well spill it.

The good news is that any game that ships from this point forward will at least have 2.0 software. Complete software is cool.

#46 10 years ago

OK, just got home from work to find I got my first ever ban vote for the above comment.
OP - I meant no offense by it and was in fact sharing your exact same feelings about our situation.
My similar F/S thread has been locked due to straying off topic in my absence.
Sucks for all of us, and was not trying to derail your F/S thread.
GLWS bump!

Careful, you might also get a ban vote for <gasp> criticizing a moderator!

#47 10 years ago

Hang in there with me Joe. I'm a 1/2012 order and Jen mentioned I'm in the last 100 or so games. I think they just want to get the new board/software fix nailed and then crank out games. One way or the other what's another six months were young man

#48 10 years ago

Doesn't everyone remember when the big issue was "the flippers are too weak to make the ramp"?

All this will seem as foolish eventually.

#49 10 years ago

GLWS...with new code, it is really awesome......I have a random question ( asking because I have no idea) Does anyone REALLY know how many machines haven't been delivered? The only reason I ask is because it seems more and more are getting out there, and there were only 1000 preorders, correct? 100, 200, 500 left? Just asking an honest question ...OP should be able to sell his pretty fast, I would think......

#50 10 years ago
Quoted from John-from-PA:

Hang in there with me Joe. I'm a 1/2012 order and Jen mentioned I'm in the last 100 or so games. I think they just want to get the new board/software fix nailed and then crank out games. One way or the other what's another six months were young man

That sounds like very sound advise.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
11,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Burlingame, CA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Stephenson, VA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 91.00
$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

11,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Spokane Valley, WA
$ 16.95
$ 24.50
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 9,800.00
Pinball Machine
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 345.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 59 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/done-waiting-fs-wozecle-7500 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.