Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

533bf3301605fb6c61000009_(resized).jpg
cropped-skeleton-on-couch_(resized).jpg
OK_(resized).jpg
Thisway_(resized).jpg
PinsideAve_(resized).jpg

#1 5 years ago

It took us a few months to get the deal done. Way more so on my end, but its done!
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-fs-huo-big-bang-bar-74-total-plays

badbilly27 was amazing and very classy guy. Also, played some fast pinball. Wish we could have stayed longer but 9 1/2 hours 1 way sometime just doesn't allow that. Also, meet another pinsider but can't remember his tag just his name. Supper nice guy as well. No pics of the game yet still in the wrap but excited about the unwrapping this weekend. Excited to play and do some fun stuff to it. Also, opened the door to a new GOTLE, so it's a fun weekend. Haha beat the snow! Thanks Badbilly27, I just found me a new pin friend and I am excited about that. If he sells a game, you can buy with confidence. Here some pics to the road trip. Ok so I am not the type that snaps shot after shot with my camera...

PinsideAve_(resized).jpg
Thisway_(resized).jpg
OK_(resized).jpg

#2 5 years ago

Dam wealthy pin heads lol. Congrats on a rare cool pin .

#3 5 years ago

Played BBB for the first time at silverball recently, would love to own it. It's a very fun game. IPDB says only 14 units were made, is that right?

#4 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Played BBB for the first time at silverball recently, would love to own it. It's a very fun game. IPDB says only 14 units were made, is that right?

The 14 units you are referring to were the original Capcom prototypes. Illinois Pinball later remade 191 units of BBB.

The IPBD listing for the Illinois Pinball remakes:
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+bang+bar&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5244

The IPBD listing for the Capcom prototypes:
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+bang+bar&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#4001

#5 5 years ago

Congrats on getting it home bro...can't wait to get to work pimping on em'!

#6 5 years ago

Congrats! Great game. Can't wait to play it again!

#7 5 years ago

Cool! Congrats but I think I'll lay back and wait for the remake... waiting... waiting...

cropped-skeleton-on-couch_(resized).jpg

#8 5 years ago

Hey, wait, Teek....you said there wouldn't be remakes, then said it would be "one and done"....

#9 5 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Hey, wait, Teek....you said there wouldn't be remakes, then said it would be "one and done"....

They are not even done with one! Three years now???? Is it here yet???

533bf3301605fb6c61000009_(resized).jpg

#10 5 years ago

Badbilly is a cool guy, I played that BBB picking up my MB from him. Best collection Ive ever seen.

#11 5 years ago

How does the guy in the third picture survive without a head?

#13 5 years ago
Quoted from PinB:

The 14 units you are referring to were the original Capcom prototypes. Illinois Pinball later remade 141 units of BBB.

I thought it was a few over 200?

#14 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I'm thinking it was closer to 173. That's the number of board sets Gene had.

#15 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Also, meet another pinsider but can't remember his tag just his name.

That would be me ...

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Whoops! I meant to type 191 units in my original post (not 141). I was just going by the number listed on IPBD.

From their listing:
"At the 2010 Northwest Pinball and Gameroom Show, Gene Cunningham reported to us that additional units of this game were made using extra parts and playfields. These new machines carried serial numbers with the letters "EXP" for Extra Parts. He guessed the additional quantity was approximately 10 or 11 games although he was firm in stating the new total quantity is 191 units. Our previous quantity reported in this listing was ~183 units."

Source: http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=big+bang+bar&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#5244

#17 5 years ago

nice pick up! Congrats Gorgeous pin so is GOt.

#18 5 years ago

Congrats, welcome to the club.

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

How does the guy in the third picture survive without a head?

I think the black horse tied up outside the restaurant belongs to the headless guy in the blue parka.

#20 5 years ago

I have never even seen a BBB in person hopefully someone brings one to NW expo someday as I would love to play this game!

#21 5 years ago

Great machine. Got to play one at TPF a few years ago. Enjoy that thing!

#22 5 years ago

Congrats I hope you play it and enjoy it.

I really liked the beckoning signs on things.... your pin is this way etc..

#23 5 years ago

Sorry, gweempose just couldn't remember that name. Thanks for your help. Wish we could have went with you guys to the pin bar. We made it all the way back to St.Louis that night which made the second day a 4 hour trip back home. The headless guy was a quite a sight . The game is now unwrapped. Looks good and plays great, had 1 thing that did get damaged but I think the dolly did it. The head bracket got bent. I think we laid that part on the dolly plate, I was able to bend it back to get it to fasten. Will most likely change it out with a Williams back box hing but it will be more stable anyway.

Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Congrats on getting it home bro...can't wait to get to work pimping on em'!

Oh the ideas that are running threw our heads. I came up with an idea this morning, that is going to blow your mind when we talk. Can't wait to take this game to a whole new level. Ordered the parts this morning to start the testing.

Quoted from teekee:

They are not even done with one! Three years now???? Is it here yet???

I could careless if they remake it. I doubt it will be done and I'll believe it when I see it. As I see, it no matter what pin they talk about remaking MMRM, AFMRM, MBRM, CCRM and the list goes on, and goes on, and goes on, by the time they remake all theses titles I will be to old to see them anymore, much less play them. I find it funny every time a price goes up on a pin, so does the talk of a remake. I couldn't afford all theses so talked about remakes anyway. I saved a bit just to get this one. If it falls in price, it's ok it will still be in my game room. My games are not bought to make up my 401K or retirement plan. History ALWAYS make a full circle.

Anyway, just excited to own one. I know as of today they are hard to get. His WDLE was "NICE" and what a fun game to play.
If I didn't have a SWEP1. I might save to buy his SWEP1 with the RFM swap just to get his BOP . That has to be the nicest one I have ever seen.

Anyway time to go play some pins! Thanks guys for all the nice words. minnesota13 thanks for going with me, It sure made the road trip much nicer. I enjoyed hanging out as always.

#24 5 years ago

Congrats!
We need a BBB owners club now on Pinside

Its a fantastic game, and the snappy Capcom flippers are just a joy to play with

#25 5 years ago

I'm sure the kids won't miss that college fund.

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from teekee:

Is it here yet???

I have a skeleton like that sitting in my Cigar Room. You've given me a few ideas...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I'm sure the kids won't miss that college fund.

Well I my kids are 11 & 13. I can promise you their collage funds are way better than most. Someone text me your post and we laughed together, thanks for the humor especially when you don't know about someone else's finances. what's the old saying? Lack of planning on your part shouldn't create an emergency on mine. LOL

#28 5 years ago

Congrats on the BBB!
Bad Billy is a cool cat. Enjoy!

#29 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Well I my kids are 11 & 13. I can promise you their collage funds are way better than most. Someone text me your post and we laughed together, thanks for the humor especially when you don't know about someone else's finances. what's the old saying? Lack of planning on your part shouldn't create an emergency on mine. LOL

either way, it's nobodies business.

Congrats on the pickup.

#30 5 years ago

It did take us some time to complete the deal but very happy we both made it work. While mixed feelings seeing BBB leave the gameroom (wipes a tear from his eye), so very happy it went to someone who has the same enthusiasm and passion for the game as I do. I can't wait to see what you do to it!

wdpvideo thank you for the kind words and sincerely right back at you. wdpvideo is a top notch pinsider and most importantly just a stand up guy. The absolute best part of selling the BBB was making a new pin friend. THIS is the best part of the hobby. Minnesota13 it was great meeting you as well. You guys are crazy (in a good way) with all the modding and custom coolness you create. Wish I had some of those mad talents. 19 hours to come pick up the BBB

I hope you enjoy the heck out of the BBB this weekend! I have a feeling it will get over 200 plays by Monday!! Glad we met. Anyone dealing with wdpvideo - deal with confidence. One of the good guys in the hobby.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Looks good and plays great, had 1 thing that did get damaged but I think the dolly did it. The head bracket got bent. I think we laid that part on the dolly plate, I was able to bend it back to get it to fasten. Will most likely change it out with a Williams back box hing but it will be more stable anyway.

Nooooo!! Crap, when did that happen you think - when we moved it up the stairs? For those reading at home, wdpvideo brought pinball armor and we extra wrapped it on top of that. That thing was mummified when we moved it up out of the basement. Can't believe the head bracket got a bit bent. Minnesota 13 and I never let any part of the pin touch the wall or stair. Bummer, sorry man.

#32 5 years ago

All is good, that brack bends really easy. It was the weight I am sure. It took almost nothing to bend it back out. It amazing! So excited, to have it in my collection. Hopefully, you can make it to TPF

#33 5 years ago

Can't wait to play this game again at Sunshine Laundry in BK for $2.

#34 5 years ago

There were 13 extra parts games made. I was one of the last to buy an extra parts game and chose between XXP12, XXP13, and a gold game which had a low serial number around 5.

#35 5 years ago
Quoted from wdpvideo:

Wait, what's a college fund? I have children about that same age!

#36 5 years ago
Quoted from Zampinator:

Wait, what's a college fund? I have children about that same age!

Modern college funds are loan applications that the parents start working on at some point for the kids.

I was at $37k when I left college in 13', down to $9k now. Sucks, could have had every new pin in the last X months if I didn't have these loans.

#37 5 years ago

BBB is now equal to about one semester of a mediocre private college. It's unusual that college student costs way outpace inflation and institutional expenses.

#38 5 years ago

Congrats on the BBB. It really is a great game all the way around IMHO - art, sound and game play. Enjoy!

#39 5 years ago
Quoted from badbilly27:

You guys are crazy

That they are

Good guys, glad to have them fairly local

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from minnesota13:

BBB is now equal to about one semester of a mediocre private college. It's unusual that college student costs way outpace inflation and institutional expenses.

My neighbors kid just graduated with a 30 year loan at $1100 a month. He's now living in a crappy area because he's basically covering the mortgage payment on a small house before he even starts to pay his actual living expenses. He may have been better off skipping it altogether.

Sorry for the sidetrack, that was just mind-boggling to me.

#41 5 years ago

Congrats on the sale Billy, I know it must have been the definition of bittersweet for you. We will look back upon your quest for a BBB with admiration. Great to hear it went to another enthusiast.

1 week later
#42 5 years ago
Quoted from hlaj78:

There were 13 extra parts games made. I was one of the last to buy an extra parts game and chose between XXP12, XXP13, and a gold game which had a low serial number around 5.

The last one was EXPP16. I was one lucky guy who did the unboxing with the owner.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside