(Topic ID: 136638)

Donations to Pinside and the "grey heart"?

By iceman44

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

tumblr_lise2ai9Ee1qci8hu.jpg
    imgres.jpg
    maverick-thumbs-up-large.jpg
    0.jpg
    3954266206_4a447a5770_o.jpg
    Parachuting-No-Brain-But-Plenty-Of-Balls.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    i_can_see.jpg
    mister-rogers-factory-tour.jpg
    cry-baby-blog.jpg
    image.jpg
    Rouge_moderator.jpg
    Grey-Hearts.jpg
    1e9e66c9037f0605dbabcbd670dd3c09.400x547x1.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#201 8 years ago
    Quoted from KoolFingers:

it the inconsistency from the mods that upset me.

So we need a moderator for the moderators? LOL - now that's the definition of irony...

#202 8 years ago
    Quoted from teekee:

Robin, I just noticed you also donate... so does it go from the left pocket to the right pocket or vice versa?

I'd expect that Robin's 'donation' has been 20+ hours of effort, every week, for many years.

#203 8 years ago

Just a thought ... may already be this way, thought sounds like it isn't.

When it comes to the moderation (or over moderation) as some call it, why not implement a "two (2) missile key" system?

One moderator can flag the concerning post, and it must be secondarily approved by a second moderator. That second moderator should be an outside to the specific sub, and the site could randomly choose from a list of mods to involve.

Perhaps more sever actions require a third (3rd) key to be turned in the sequence?

There are reasons the world has developed judicial tribunals for important matters....

Maybe, just maybe, taking this absolute power out of one person's hands will help.

-Brian

#204 8 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

man, tons of actual women have posted long, detailed posts here dozens of times about why certain aspects of Pinside and/or the pinball community make them feel unwelcome. why are you ignoring them? Robin is not some uptight poindexter making arbitrary rules just because he and the mods hate fun. he's responding to complaints and comments from lots of real people who would otherwise like to be hanging out here.
    also it really has been a lot better around here over the last few months. far less drama, far more pinball discussion. kudos to Robin and the moderator team, i think you guys are doing a great job.

How dare you elude that Robin might be a "poindexter"?
    I think he'd prefer to be known as a Pindexter!

#205 8 years ago
    Quoted from robin:

Exactly. I want Pinside to be welcoming to all pinheads, regardless of age, gender, location etc.

Robin,

Would you be willing to share a couple infographics, charts, or text breakdowns of Pinside's membership demographics?
    Perhaps those following this thread will be surprised to learn what percentage of men vs women vs gender-neutral Pinsiders we have?
    Also How many members are between 11 - 15 years old and 16 - 20.

-Brian

#214 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

I'd be interested in this also but that's a lot of extra work for Robin and volunteer moderators. And they do a lot already around here.
    Maybe you could post a topic and include a poll.

Pfft - 'tis but a simple SQL query for Gender="Male" and another Gender="Female".

For a Pindexter like Robin, a mere pittance -- just a couple minutes time.... blindfolded even....

Maybe a few more for to run sums based on Age=, but we're not talking about much.

I trust he may already know this, as knowing your demographic is rather important to running a successful site.

#215 8 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Moderator 1: "I've got Teekee at 2 o'clock high.
    Moderator 2: "He's too close for missiles Goose, I'm switching to guns. - I've got tone, I've got tone!"

hqdefault.jpg

Flagging for inappropriate graphic in post.

I was referring to ICBM missile launch keys... Don't you remember the opening scenes in the move War Games?

#218 8 years ago

0.jpg0.jpg
    3954266206_4a447a5770_o.jpg3954266206_4a447a5770_o.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bstyles.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/donations-to-pinside-and-the-grey-heart?tu=bstyles and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.