MillionaireComparison (resized).jpg
Board (resized).png
coins (resized).jpg
0_002 (resized).jpg
0_013 (resized).jpg
20180404_183316 (resized).jpg
20180402_144924 (resized).jpg
trumpin (resized).jpg
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.
#1 4 years ago

Hey! I have rethemed a Williams Millionaire into "Donald Trump's Millionaire." I'm going to use this thread to update progress on a full scale conversion of the machine that will involve new boards, new art and some alterations to the mechs and PF design. Here is the machine as of now, photo politely borrowed from ImNotNorm from his excellent documentation (with video) of the machine in this post. Oh, and for the record, I am Canadian and this machine is supposed to be a joke that is somewhat subtle. That said, let's keep the politics out of it.

Donald Trump's Millionaire YegpinDonald Trump's Millionaire Yegpin

Currently, the machine contains an original translite, topper with bobble, LEDs and speakers, my own switches to trigger a Wavtrigger board, and some plastics, cards, stickers etc..

#2 4 years ago

Pic of my process for plastics. I use a white vinyl sticker for the rear and glue colour transparencies to the front. I'll likely be making new plastics for the entire machine, so these first renditions will be scrapped (panago pizza plug!). 20180402_144924 (resized).jpg20180402_144924 (resized).jpg

Putting the final touches on the topper. It's sky-blue painted ply with dark vinyl sticker overlay. This will see the bin as well, seeing that I'll be using boards and a PC to power the sound. I'll build a new one for the bobble-head though. (mini-wheats cereal plug!)
20180404_183316 (resized).jpg20180404_183316 (resized).jpg

#3 4 years ago

Here are one of the transperancies on white paper (something must have been spilled on it): 0_013 (resized).jpg0_013 (resized).jpg

Here are what I'm using as stickers for standups. They are printed on ordinary sticker paper, and use packing tape as the outer layer. The couple that I have on the machine survived a lot of game play. My final versions will likely have mylar as the outer layer. I also have some extra Putin drop target stickers, but that sneaky Russian has hidden himself somewhere!
0_002 (resized).jpg0_002 (resized).jpg

#4 4 years ago

Oh man, you have so much material to use. You need to have something Twitter related on there

#5 4 years ago

This retheme cracks me up so much. Love the Obama peaking out of the White House window bit.

#6 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/make-pinball-great-again#post-4996658

This guy did a great job as well , good luck with your retheme

#7 4 years ago

Fake News, lol.
Love that on the game.

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from Stones:

Oh man, you have so much material to use. You need to have something Twitter related on there

Yeah, my first rendition just had the wall and fake news. Then the whole Mueler thing started. Twitter does need to fit somewhere as well. My plan is to add a real ramp, subway and a resin trump head that swallows the ball or something. Should be fun!

#9 4 years ago

Yeah, love that one!

#10 4 years ago

Bought these from China, luckily before the tariffs. I hope to use more of them in the next redition. One is currently mounted near the shooter rod.coins (resized).jpgcoins (resized).jpg

#11 4 years ago

Following. Thanks so much for bringing this to YEGPIN!

#12 4 years ago

Is covfefe in there?

#13 4 years ago

The upper left series of drops need to be “ no obstruction “ targets with a “ total and complete vindication “ call out when you drop them all and hit the back target . Awesome project ! You said subtle but I’d go over the top with mockery and humor .

#15 4 years ago
Quoted from ImNotNorm:

Following. Thanks so much for bringing this to YEGPIN!

No worries. This was the second year, and I will hopefully have it there next year with improvements!

#16 4 years ago
Quoted from NevadaNutJob:

The upper left series of drops need to be “ no obstruction “ targets with a “ total and complete vindication “ call out when you drop them all and hit the back target . Awesome project ! You said subtle but I’d go over the top with mockery and humor .

Subtley is more fun. People can't figure out if it is pro Trump or a joke sometimes. At Yegpin I had a guy wanting to buy me a beer and another that wanted to destroy the machine.

#17 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Yeah, my first rendition just had the wall and fake news. Then the whole Mueler thing started. Twitter does need to fit somewhere as well. My plan is to add a real ramp, subway and a resin trump head that swallows the ball or something. Should be fun!

No kidding. Problem is, the rotating door is so fast now that prime players like Bannon and Priebus are already long gone now. It's an embarrassment of riches for source material:

- A cell-phone-like screen somewhere on the playfield (apron?) you can have actual tweets be "earned" on and displayed temporarily
- James Woods and or Jon Voight Toy
- Stephen Miller
- Kids in cages
- A cat for Trump to grab (Mr. Bigglesworth from Austin powers?)
- His family (A standup with Eric Trump that says "I'm Eric!" and something with Kushner)
- Space Force craft or insiginia
- Pile of adderall tablets
- Miss Universe tiara
- "Be Best" campaign sign
- A stubby mushroom
- Maybe a list of all the administration people who have been fired/quit that pop up on the twitter screen occasionally
- Random Nixon quote that pops up very rarely
- Kim Jong Un
- Drop targets ahead of Trump should have McConnell then Barr protecting Trump.

...it's a crazy amount of potential features. Trimming it so it's not too in your face is the trick.

But yeah, great work so far.

#18 4 years ago

At least the name of the game is accurate.

#19 4 years ago

Needs a "stable genius" mode where the game repeats that phrase endlessly and of course a golden shower wizard mode.

#21 4 years ago
Quoted from KHL:

Needs a "stable genius" mode where the game repeats that phrase endlessly and of course a golden shower wizard mode.

Whizzard mode.

#22 4 years ago

If for any reason you need a Trump voice over, let me know, DM me, I’ll pop in the studio and cut whatever you need.

#23 4 years ago

Also like seeing this at Yegpin both years. Can’t wait to see the end project.

#24 4 years ago
Quoted from SilverballSleuth:

If for any reason you need a Trump voice over, let me know, DM me, I’ll pop in the studio and cut whatever you need.

If you’re serious, I’d definitely hit you up!

#25 4 years ago

I was hoping I wouldn't have to re-post this, but...

Quoted from ForceFlow:

Just a preemptive reminder to folks who can't restrain themselves--please leave politics at the door. Political comments will be removed.

If you want to discuss the creative aspects of this re-theme, feel free.

#26 4 years ago
Quoted from ForceFlow:

I was hoping I wouldn't have to re-post this, but...

"In our age there is no such thing as 'keeping out of politics.' All issues are political issues, and politics itself is a mass of lies, evasions, folly, hatred and schizophrenia." -- George Orwell

But yeah, this is a dangerous thread. Easy to slide under the fence and end up afoul of the rules...

#27 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

If you had a beater Road Show pinball .....Trump Vs. Pelosi

#28 4 years ago

Maybe smaller flipper buttons (for littler hands)??

#29 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

ought these from China, luckily before the tariffs

#30 4 years ago

You'll be able to keep updating it for 6 more years.

#31 4 years ago

I can enjoy this and still have my views...WIN WIN

#33 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Needs a "Biggly!" Jackpot.

...that actually _subtracts_ points.

#34 4 years ago

Haha. The possibilities are endless.

#35 4 years ago

Jackpot callouts...

Oh Stormy!
Oh Oh Karen!
Oh Oh Oh Ivanka!

#36 4 years ago

wait, who's Karen???

#37 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

wait, who's Karen???

The Playboy model that he never had sex with.

#38 4 years ago
#39 4 years ago

She was the good looking one.

#40 4 years ago

ummmm, not to get political on here, but: WOW.
*backs away slowly*

#41 4 years ago
Quoted from PokerJake:

You'll be able to keep updating it for 6 more years.

Mods: please delete this post. C'mon guys. Keep it lighthearted.

#42 4 years ago

If there isn't a 'grab em by the p*ssy' mode it already failed.

#43 4 years ago

Ordered a new board to control the game with an Arduino and Mission Pinball software. Should be a fun adventure!

Board (resized).pngBoard (resized).png

#44 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

If there isn't a 'grab em by the p*ssy' mode it already failed.

I have that quote as one of the tilt warnings.

#45 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I’m gonna have so much fun at the mic.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

So much awesomesauce !

#47 4 years ago

How about MadMaxine multiball screaming impeach 45, impeach 45.

#48 4 years ago

All kidding aside, this is quite an ahccomplishmant.

#49 4 years ago

How about Drain The Swamp Multiball

#50 4 years ago

So now that I have to wait for the board and had the day to myself, I did some rough design ideas. Below is the one I like the most. I love Pat Lawler games, so I took Millionaire and added as much Lawler as I could. If you've played Millionaire before, you'll see how cool this layout could be. I realize that this would be very ambitious, so I may end up with something far more simple. I have some far less ambitious designs.

My proposed edits to PF (click for hi-rez):

MillionaireComparison (resized).jpgMillionaireComparison (resized).jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Haus

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 65.00
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 18.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 12.50
Lighting - Led
RoyGBev Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 119 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/donald-trump-retheme-of-millionaire?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.