Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fifty
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corvair27 (resized).jpg
    3CA0AA95-4E01-4C15-95CE-D42D6C9E835D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5996 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20190827-122502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    3-years-later-5af129 (resized).jpg
    ps3 (resized).jpg
    ps2 (resized).jpg
    ps1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#93 4 years ago

I do the same thing. No way will I pay $8 shipping for a $5 part. So the tendency is to place a decent sized order to justify the shipping. I work on a lot of games and order a fair amount of parts. You cant be expected to go over everything with a fine toothed comb. A quick check of parts shipped to parts ordered (make sure quantities are correct etc..) is usually all I do. Marco should have offered something. Personally I would have probably just soldered wires on as someone already suggested, but everyone is different. I understand where you are coming from OP.

#97 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

I do.
    If I order parts they are for my business/livelihood. I can't afford to not inspect anything coming in. It could be the difference between a game earning or a game being down.
    LTG : )

Agreed, but to the point of tugging on leads to a lamp socket? Probably not...

#99 4 years ago

That reminds me. I bought those micro switches with the straight long wire that you can bend into whatever shape you need. I figured they’d come in handy sometime. Well, when I finally decided to use them I found out they were complete junk. The wire broke off right were they are tacked to the trigger plate. Every one I bought. I just ate it and used the switch body. Lesson learned.

#143 4 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Actually I do. When I tear a pop bumper apart, unsolder the wires below the playfield, and put in a new part. I want to be damn sure I'm not back in there a day or two later doing the same thing. Especially if it's under a ramp or other things I'd have to move again.
    I don't like doing stuff twice.
    LTG : )

Alright Mr. LTG, you sir are one thorough fellow. To open a bag of 10 pop bumper lamp sockets and tug on all the leads would lead me to believe you understand that it is common for them to be defective. Ive personally never had a problem with them but I will be sure to check any I might order in the future. Now I just oreder a four flipper rebuild kit, you bet i opened that up to examine the contents. Even though i wont be using it for a few days (hopefully not weeks).

#145 4 years ago

I see

#155 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's sloppy. As a customer, I'm not into the overpriced crapshoot anymore.

Edit: some of that quote got cut off. He is referring to their service.

Yep, right on here. I like Marco and I am sure I will continue to order from them but mistakes tend to be more often then they should be. I made two separate orders for the same part over the coarse of a week. I received two different parts under the same part number. The only thing different I can see is the bin numbers are different, all other info on the sticker placed on the bag of parts is the same. So tomorrow I need to call them and see whats up because the second order that arrived is not the part I am looking for.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Edit: some of that quote got cut off. He is referring to their service.
    Yep, right on here. I like Marco and I am sure I will continue to order from them but mistakes tend to be more often then they should be. I made two separate orders for the same part over the coarse of a week. I received two different parts under the same part number. The only thing different I can see is the bin numbers are different, all other info on the sticker placed on the bag of parts is the same. So tomorrow I need to call them and see whats up because the second order that arrived is not the part I am looking for.

Looks like the size of flipper pawl bumper #38-6577 has changed and is no longer 5/8”. It is now 1/2” wide. At least this is what Marco is telling me.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinstyle.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-stock-up-on-parts-from-marco-specialties?tu=pinstyle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.