Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fifty
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corvair27 (resized).jpg
    3CA0AA95-4E01-4C15-95CE-D42D6C9E835D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5996 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20190827-122502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    3-years-later-5af129 (resized).jpg
    ps3 (resized).jpg
    ps2 (resized).jpg
    ps1 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#24 4 years ago

What is it that you're "disgruntled" about? I don't get it. The fact that they even remotely entertained you shows good faith and professionalism on their part. Your request is utterly ridiculous.

#38 4 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

Considering that pinball restoration projects and such often take a long time, it seems pretty unreasonable to expect any issues to be noticed within 30 days. If I was going to restore a machine, I'd order all the parts I need as I need them, but it could potentially be a year before I actually get to install them. Nothing about the time passed makes this not marco's fault for selling defective products.

The issue wasn't them being stingy on the 30 day policy, the issue was someone who bought parts 3 years ago (or 2 or 1, it doesn't matter -- it's being measured in years, not months let alone days) never inspected them and then put them in storage for all that time. They were actually quite accommodating given that they even entertained the idea of replacing the parts. Since they spent an hour on it then called the OP back, I'll bet they actually made the effort to see if they could replace the parts and found that they couldn't for one of any number of possible reasons. Not the least of which is that they may not even get the parts from the same place any longer.

#112 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Not looking for anything from Marco at this point. They made their call. I made mine. Keeping vendor identities anonymous in forum discussions is b.s.

Actually this thread is the perfect example of why vendors should be kept anonymous in these discussions. Because now you made a thread "calling out" Marco when they did absolutely nothing wrong whatsoever. In more modern lingo, this thread is "FAKE NEWS".

#123 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

Actually the vendor sold a defective part(s) which is beyond dispute.
    Several defective parts.
    The question is should the vendor make good on it or not due to the passage of time.

What does "should" even mean in this case? The letter of the policy is super straight forward, but being that they are a great company to deal with they even entertained the OP and looked into whether they could replace them. This is despite not having any clue whether, 3 years later, these are even actually the parts they sold. They could be used or they could be from somewhere else. Or they could be from them but they have since switched suppliers and have no recourse of their own.

But 3 years down the line, they shouldn't be expected to give an explanation for anything. It's absurd to think they should. They looked into it, they found they couldn't do anything... Whether that's because they didn't want to or because of some other reason doesn't matter and isn't a reflection of their customer support.

Someone mentioned car parts -- that's different. If you are a shop that has an agreement with a supplier about parts that's a whole other animal than buying stuff at the consumer level. Maybe the OP should consider that if they are holding onto parts for so long. Make an agreement with Marco that they will buy $X per month (likely measured in the thousands) in exchange for this type of relationship.

#128 4 years ago
    Quoted from gdonovan:

How so?
    I'm referring to hobbyists (not general garages, different market) who restore their cars in their spare time and it can take several years to finish. There are vendors who stand behind the product they sell for defects, regardless of supplier, for several years providing you show proof the car was under restoration and can provided an invoice number.
    Since most people photo document the hell out of their restorations, proof is child's play and easily provided.

I got ya, I don't know why I even bothered to talk about it. I have no idea what you're talking about, you're not even mentioning what types of parts you are referring to. I seriously doubt a car parts seller is going to send a replacement glove box hinge after 3 years... But if they do then awesome: tell them to start selling pinball parts too.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ktownhero.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-stock-up-on-parts-from-marco-specialties?tu=ktownhero and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.