Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 168 posts
  • 77 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Fifty
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

corvair27 (resized).jpg
    3CA0AA95-4E01-4C15-95CE-D42D6C9E835D (resized).jpeg
    IMG_5996 (resized).JPG
    Screenshot_20190827-122502_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
    3-years-later-5af129 (resized).jpg
    ps3 (resized).jpg
    ps2 (resized).jpg
    ps1 (resized).jpg
    There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
    #151 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jjsmooth:

Im getting tired of Pinside.

I call that the 5 year stretch....shit is real.

#152 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinheadpierre:

I bought these from Marco. I know that. Its true that they can't know that for sure. Considering the slack I've given them over the years with not saying anything about other crap parts and being charged for stuff that they couldn't even be organized enough to actually put in my shipment, I don't feel an apology is warranted. Their service is inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's sloppy. As a customer, I'm not into the overpriced crapshoot anymore.

Seeing you kept the shipment, do you have the receipt? Do you have the email that they sent you when you bought them? Have you looked up your previous orders on their site? If it's three years, your being unreasonable. If you won't look it up, you are being unreasonable. If it was only a year, you are still being unreasonable. I don't like crap parts any more than anyone else. And yes, Marco charges a premium, and a lot of times will have parts that the others don't. I'm just some random guy on the internet that thinks from the story you tell here, you are being unreasonable.

#153 4 years ago

So my Marcos package arrived today. Not even gonna bother opening it because I’m sure in 2023 when I finally get around to it and everything’s melted, Marcos will be there to take care of me.

Thanks Marcos!

3CA0AA95-4E01-4C15-95CE-D42D6C9E835D (resized).jpeg3CA0AA95-4E01-4C15-95CE-D42D6C9E835D (resized).jpeg
    #154 4 years ago

I also use the PRW rubbers that Marco sells exclusively. I’ve tried some others and PRW rubbers are the best, especially the white.

#155 4 years ago

Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's sloppy. As a customer, I'm not into the overpriced crapshoot anymore.

Edit: some of that quote got cut off. He is referring to their service.

Yep, right on here. I like Marco and I am sure I will continue to order from them but mistakes tend to be more often then they should be. I made two separate orders for the same part over the coarse of a week. I received two different parts under the same part number. The only thing different I can see is the bin numbers are different, all other info on the sticker placed on the bag of parts is the same. So tomorrow I need to call them and see whats up because the second order that arrived is not the part I am looking for.

#156 4 years ago
    Quoted from slochar:

I'm not sure why the "marco has expensive shipping" keeps coming up. They're actually the CHEAPEST for me to ship. PBR is next cheapest, and PBL is the most expensive (of the 3 vendors I usually buy from).
    Of course, I'm in PA so I'd expect shipping to California to be more expensive. I did have a similar situation with some parts I ordered from Marco - a couple of bally flipper bushings. One was so warped there's no way the packer didn't notice it as I ordered 2, one was perfect and other had a top shaft about 30 degrees out of whack. But, because I take forever to swap playfields sometimes, I'd ordered them 3-4 years ago, so that one's on me for not checking, instead of just throwing the parts in a bin somewhere (It's a miracle I actually found them after the 4 years....)
    Given the same situation I probably would have notified them but then repaired them after reading the thread (I didn't even know you COULD repair that part I guess it's just crappy metal fatigue).. I'm probably odd in that I think the bayonet base sockets are better anyway and that's what I use even on games that have the 555 originally. I hate the 555 wire lead ones, they don't stay vertical properly.

Use Vid's trick and those are the best sockets for bumpers.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vids-guide-to-rebuilding-pop-bumpers#post-485893

#157 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

I was in line at our local sams club doing a return. A couple were trying to do a return on 2 dead trees they had. The dead trees still had the plastic price tags on them . The trees were 2 years old and they wanted their money back. They had the trees in a shopping carr roots dirt and all. They raised a fuss and were finally denied by a mgr.

THis reminds me of of something my aunt had to deal with. It was a small town where everybody knows everybody. Auntie was working in the gas station/convenience store. A local guy walks in with 1/2 gallon milk carton with a small amount of milk remaining and said, " Marge, this milk is sour."
    Auntie gave him a new 1/2 gallon of milk. A few days later he comes back and said the same thing. Again, the milk carton was close to empty. Auntie gave him another 1/2 gallon of milk.

He comes back a third time. Same deal. Only this time, Auntie said she got another 1/2 gallon of milk, walked over to the sink and poured enough milk out and gave him the new carton with only the same amount of milk he had brought in. That stopped the scam.

#158 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinstyle:

Edit: some of that quote got cut off. He is referring to their service.
    Yep, right on here. I like Marco and I am sure I will continue to order from them but mistakes tend to be more often then they should be. I made two separate orders for the same part over the coarse of a week. I received two different parts under the same part number. The only thing different I can see is the bin numbers are different, all other info on the sticker placed on the bag of parts is the same. So tomorrow I need to call them and see whats up because the second order that arrived is not the part I am looking for.

Looks like the size of flipper pawl bumper #38-6577 has changed and is no longer 5/8”. It is now 1/2” wide. At least this is what Marco is telling me.

#159 4 years ago

We need to get this thread back on track

#160 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

THis reminds me of of something my aunt had to deal with. It was a small town where everybody knows everybody. Auntie was working in the gas station/convenience store. A local guy walks in with 1/2 gallon milk carton with a small amount of milk remaining and said, " Marge, this milk is sour."
    Auntie gave him a new 1/2 gallon of milk. A few days later he comes back and said the same thing. Again, the milk carton was close to empty. Auntie gave him another 1/2 gallon of milk.
    He comes back a third time. Same deal. Only this time, Auntie said she got another 1/2 gallon of milk, walked over to the sink and poured enough milk out and gave him the new carton with only the same amount of milk he had brought in. That stopped the scam.

This is a joke right?

#161 4 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

This is a joke right?

Nope. No joke. My aunt was not one to stretch the truth. If she said this is what happened, then it happened.

If she was working for 7-11 or Quiktrip she might have gotten fired for offending a "customer". But as I say, it was/is a small town. She knew the guy who was trying to game her. And it happened sometime in the 1980s when things were a little different.

#162 4 years ago
    Quoted from cottonm4:

Nope. No joke. My aunt was not one to stretch the truth. If she said this is what happened, then it happened.
    If she was working for 7-11 or Quiktrip she might have gotten fired for offending a "customer". But as I say, it was/is a small town. She knew the guy who was trying to game her. And it happened sometime in the 1980s when things were a little different.

Im afraid I would have told them to take a hike.

#163 4 years ago

I bought these from Marco. I know that. Its true that they can't know that for sure. Considering the slack I've given them over the years with not saying anything about other crap parts and being charged for stuff that they couldn't even be organized enough to actually put in my shipment, I don't feel an apology is warranted. Their service is inconsistent. Sometimes it's fine, sometimes it's sloppy. As a customer, I'm not into the overpriced crapshoot anymore.

I have a feeling this guy is gonna do REAL well with Steve and PBR.

Good luck my friend.

#164 4 years ago

still waiting on the recall on my fuel tank on my Gremlin, should be any day now!

#165 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

still waiting on the recall on my fuel tank on my Gremlin, should be any day now!

Really??? I'm still waiting to hear from Ford about my Pinto gas tank situation.

#166 4 years ago
    Quoted from gjm:

Really??? I'm still waiting to hear from Ford about my Pinto gas tank situation.

People are still waiting for their radiator in their Corvairs.

LTG : )

#167 4 years ago

I haven't got one in mine yet either. It's also missing the petrol powered heater.

corvair27 (resized).jpgcorvair27 (resized).jpg
    #168 4 years ago

My mother used to work customer service. She watched a gentleman purchase a Philips screwdriver, then go out to his car in the parking lot and remove his headlight. Then he came back into the store and returned the screwdriver. Ballsy, but what are you going to do? She returned it.

There are 168 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-stock-up-on-parts-from-marco-specialties/page/4?hl=rocketfromtombs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.