Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 46 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Dent00
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

2E540719-F357-4A9A-9914-CE20E7F17BA8 (resized).jpeg
    20190817_133339 (resized).jpg
    20190811_154617 (resized).jpg
    opossum.gif
    10011907381 (resized).jpg
    Possum (resized).jpg
    89C2F553-33E8-447E-80AB-37D6C6C6BEC2 (resized).jpeg
    20190930_082450 (resized).jpg
    20190930_082438 (resized).jpg
    #1 4 years ago

While loading games, we hear a thud and figure loose score motor. Too my suprise, there is a good sized live possum hanging out in there. Turn game over and he cruises out all non chalantly.

This would be hilarious if the game were Taxi.

Anyone else encounter animals (live) in their games?

20190930_082438 (resized).jpg20190930_082438 (resized).jpg20190930_082450 (resized).jpg20190930_082450 (resized).jpg
    #2 4 years ago

What the hell, was this game laying outside??
    Closest I’ve ever come was a mouse rocketing out of the toolbox when I opened the drawer. It’s since been cleaned out and put in a bunch of dryer sheets to ward off any new tenants

#3 4 years ago

I found a Playboy inside my TOM when I bought it.

#4 4 years ago

there is a post on here somewhere in another thread with a pic. of a live opossum in the back box of a pin

#5 4 years ago

Man, and all I ever find are random screws, burned out bulbs, and the occasional piece of broken tempered glass.

-Hans

#6 4 years ago

It's like a Flintstones pinball machine the possum works all the levers and toys under the playfield for you.

#7 4 years ago
    89C2F553-33E8-447E-80AB-37D6C6C6BEC2 (resized).jpeg89C2F553-33E8-447E-80AB-37D6C6C6BEC2 (resized).jpeg
    #8 4 years ago

I got a live animal trap you can use to capture that critter and relocate him so far away that he can never return.
    Nasty animals that eat almost anything, dead or alive, including garbage.
    I would avoid contact as I am told that they carry disease many times.

Possum (resized).jpgPossum (resized).jpg
    #9 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What the hell, was this game laying outside??
    Closest I’ve ever come was a mouse rocketing out of the toolbox when I opened the drawer. It’s since been cleaned out and put in a bunch of dryer sheets to ward off any new tenants

In a garage. I will verify the other games do not have tenants.

#10 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I got a live animal trap you can use to capture that critter and relocate him so far away that he can never return.
    I would avoid contact as I am told that they carry disease many times.[quoted image]

You are correct, not sure if it was the possum, but one game half of the slingshot plastic had been eaten....

#11 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

I would avoid contact as I am told that they carry disease many times.[quoted image]

they are very good animals to have around (but not inside your pins)

They eat TONs of ticks and other pests that can really kill you with disease.

Possums are largely lots of hiss and puffery.

#12 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

This is not really true. While they certainly are strange looking and have a wild toothy snarl if you scare one they are not really that harmful. They eat a huge number of ticks, they clean themselves very similar to a cat. Due to their low body temperature they are virtually immune to rabies and many other diseases. The low body temp makes them a poor host. It's not wise to handle any wild Animal but possums are pretty low risk.

#13 4 years ago
    Quoted from jgentry:

This is not really true. While they certainly are strange looking and have a wild toothy snarl if you scare one they are not really that harmful. They eat a huge number of ticks, they clean themselves very similar to a cat. Due to their low body temperature they are virtually immune to rabies and many other diseases. The low body temp makes them a poor host. It's not wise to handle any wild Animal but possums are pretty low risk.

Well, this one was eating my garbage and messing with cats in the area. It was loitering around my yard and they can climb a wooden privacy fence easily and eat bird food. I just wanted it gone and it is... Looks pretty nasty to me and I was not about to grab it.

#14 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

And creepy weirdo ugly.

#15 4 years ago

So any Possum babies still in the machine?

#16 4 years ago
    Quoted from ScottinSGFNY:

So any Possum babies still in the machine?

Just cleared out the 2 games of all salvageable parts and had a broom and slowly moved the nest. Thankfully nothing.

#17 4 years ago
    10011907381 (resized).jpg10011907381 (resized).jpg
    #18 4 years ago

I'm going to have to consider draining this topic as these pictures of abused pinball machines and angry rodents is too disturbing...

#19 4 years ago

Yes, those 3 cabinets very very bad. Water damage and falling apart.

#20 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

We like possums to give us an occasional visit at night every now and then - they eat up all of the dog poop in our yard. Very handy and grateful if that's all that they are after. It's not too great to watch them do that though.

#21 4 years ago

If you leave cat food outside, a possum will run off all the cats and eat every bit of whatever you put out.
    The more rancid and smelly it is, the more they like it.

#22 4 years ago
    Quoted from chad:

Yes, those 3 cabinets very very bad. Water damage and falling apart.

What games? Hopefully you can at least salvage the parts and burn the cabs.
    Don’t forget to take pics of the serial numbers and submit them to the IPSND.org!

Opossums are like nature’s vacuum cleaners. They are weird-looking beasts that wander aimlessly and eat virtually everything possible. They look kinda scary but they aren’t actually as dangerous as some people claim, they rarely carry rabies and actually help keep pests at bay.
    They’re just weird.

One was wandering aimlessly around the road near midnight, I slowed down and honked at it, and the dumb thing turned around and hissed at my car then continued wandering... Until I rolled up and laid on the horn again and then it smartened up and scurried off. I found it very amusing that big animals like deer panic at the slightest noises, yet the opossum didn’t care at all. They’re just very, very chill creatures.

#23 4 years ago

Their poop in a pasture will kill a horse. Whenever I see one around my stables, they get eliminated!

#24 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

very good to have around and opossums do not carry rabies.

#25 4 years ago
    Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

very good to have around and opossums do not carry rabies.

They might not normally carry rabies, but based on what they eat, if you get bit by one, even just a scratch, the wound is very likely to get infected rapidly.
    I define this critter as a nasty nuisance and if you were close enough, I would relocate mine to your area and hope that don't return to mine.

#26 4 years ago
    Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

What games? Hopefully you can at least salvage the parts and burn the cabs.
    Don’t forget to take pics of the serial numbers and submit them to the IPSND.org!
    Opossums are like nature’s vacuum cleaners. They are weird-looking beasts that wander aimlessly and eat virtually everything possible. They look kinda scary but they aren’t actually as dangerous as some people claim, they rarely carry rabies and actually help keep pests at bay.
    They’re just weird.
    One was wandering aimlessly around the road near midnight, I slowed down and honked at it, and the dumb thing turned around and hissed at my car then continued wandering... Until I rolled up and laid on the horn again and then it smartened up and scurried off. I found it very amusing that big animals like deer panic at the slightest noises, yet the opossum didn’t care at all. They’re just very, very chill creatures.

Unfortunately, a couple of Gottliebs King of Diamonds and Pleasure Isle. Popular titles

#27 4 years ago

It's the USA's only marsupial.

If you don't stand for possums, then you don't stand for America. USA! USA!

/s

#28 4 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Second this. Also, while they can carry disease, so can any other backyard mammal. However, they are NOT rabies or lyme disease vectors due to their unusually low body temperature. Opossums are ugly as sin, but fantastic animals to have around. They can hang out in my backyard all they want.

#29 4 years ago
    Quoted from KingBW:

they eat up all of the dog poop in our yard. Very handy and grateful if that's all that they are after.

Note to self: Get a possum.

#30 4 years ago

In an unrelated matter, I've lost a grey colored opossum in the vicinity of the Op. He likes to crawl inside wood enclosures and cabinets and does not like to be disturbed. He is super friendly & goes by the name of 'Bitey'. If anyone sees him, let me know!

#31 4 years ago
    Quoted from KrustyBurger:

In an unrelated matter, I've lost a grey colored opossum in the vicinity of the Op. He likes to crawl inside wood enclosures and cabinets and does not like to be disturbed. He goes by the name of 'Bitey'. If anyone sees him, let me know!

What’s he wearing?

#32 4 years ago

Possums, raccoons and armadillos...
    All "critters" and potential rode kill...
    No edible parts and they eat everything nothing else wants...
    carrion eaters...
    Some people are actually paid for the service of removal of these nuisance animals.
    If one of these critters gets in your attic and sets up shop, you will be calling for this service...

#33 4 years ago
    Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

What’s he wearing?

A grey fur coat. I know, I know, fur is out but I let him choose.

#35 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

Possums, raccoons and armadillos...
    All "critters" and potential rode kill...
    No edible parts and they eat everything nothing else wants...
    carrion eaters...
    Some people are actually paid for the service of removal of these nuisance animals.
    If one of these critters gets in your attic and sets up shop, you will be calling for this service...

Lol, you sure are leery of a little possum. All of the feral cats are more of a nuisance and are far more destructive to native ecosystems. And how in the world are you going to get bit or scratched by a possum? They just slowly meander around and fall over playing dead if you frighten them enough. Unless you try to grab them or touch them it's going to be really hard for one to every inflict any wound on a human. Dogs and cats both eat very similar things as possums, they all do gross things.

#36 4 years ago

If you get a family of these critters in you area, you will be wishing you had relocated them.
    And if they reside in your attic or crawl space under your house, you will be especially concerned.
    Stray dogs and cats get picked up by animal control, but these vermin come out mostly at night to avoid detection.
    Animal control probably doesn't want to come near them.
    I don't want to kill them, but I sure don't want them in my yard.

#37 4 years ago

If this nation turns on this most vulnerable of marsupials...well...then the terrorists will have won

#38 4 years ago
    opossum.gifopossum.gif
    #39 4 years ago

This was after I removed the first half.

20190811_154617 (resized).jpg20190811_154617 (resized).jpg20190817_133339 (resized).jpg20190817_133339 (resized).jpg
    2 weeks later
    #40 4 years ago

I got one that shows up in my back yard, him and the raccoon both had steak last night! Expired bologna 2 nights before that.

#41 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dent00:

If you leave cat food outside, a possum will run off all the cats and eat every bit of whatever you put out.
    The more rancid and smelly it is, the more they like it.

I had one small one that would come up onto my patio, walk right up to the cat food dish and eat with the cats and they didn't mind. One night after I got home from work I went out on the patio to give them some food, and the possum just quietly strolled up on the patio, walked right in front of me and joined in. This only went on for about a week and then the possum moved on.

#42 4 years ago

Here you go.

John

#43 4 years ago
    Quoted from Dayhuff:

Here you go.

John

I love this video I remember seeing it before I joined this site and it’s too funny

#44 4 years ago

Had this guy appear after storing my Indy in a country shed.
    Note: Australian possums are different to American opossums.

2E540719-F357-4A9A-9914-CE20E7F17BA8 (resized).jpeg2E540719-F357-4A9A-9914-CE20E7F17BA8 (resized).jpeg
    #45 4 years ago

He chose wisely.

4 weeks later
    #46 4 years ago
    Quoted from dluth:

Had this guy appear after storing my Indy in a country shed.
    Note: Australian possums are different to American opossums.[quoted image]

Sure that's a guy? That critter has large eyes...

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-see-this-too-often and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.