(Topic ID: 235770)

Don't be a Lame Old Man on Grammy Night!

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aladdin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0270A2E-C976-479F-99D8-A1EFE221C279 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
H910_Harmonizer (resized).jpg
dicks (resized).jpg
hellfest-pano (resized).jpg
large crowd (resized).jpg
tomorrowland-2018-ravejungle (resized).jpg
25310953_1432004253578951_1619212099641187218_o (resized).jpg
tllzr-music-festival-1 (resized).jpg
jethrotullAd (resized).jpg
fd037fd8e27f7a8023f22050044454c6 (resized).jpg
waynes world garth um ok (resized).jpg
5e05e75987555cbbe2904a80138c0ac1 (resized).jpg
alicia (resized).jpg
dead1 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#57 5 years ago

Hey Vince, you ready to watch the Grammys?

0D954814-A721-4685-BF92-7B6532759497 (resized).jpeg0D954814-A721-4685-BF92-7B6532759497 (resized).jpeg

#81 5 years ago

Best Rap "Song" lol

#86 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I'm sure Diana was "playing" that guitar.

That's what I was wondering. Did any of them actually play anything on those guitars? Other than maybe strumming a few basic chords? Also how much if the good ole lip syncing was going on.? I heard something about Cardi D, a singer I have never heard of but I am sure is extremely famous and popular and has sold trillions of streams.

#97 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Especially when there was probably the least rap in 30 years.
It was mostly Oldies, Country and Hip Hop. [quoted image]

Less Rap, but plenty of Hip Hop?

waynes world garth um ok (resized).jpgwaynes world garth um ok (resized).jpg

#102 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Can you imagine if they put a real rapper in that mix last night?
Eminem learned not to poke at Machine Gun Kelly:

Battle of the white rappers! Well, Machine Gun Kelly net worth: $8 million, Eminem net worth $210 million. I think he’s laughing all the way to the bank.

I’m gonna go grab all my Beastie Boys albums and go through them again like a proper grumpy old man.

#105 5 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Most were thinking "When are Frank Sinatra and Andy Williams going to be on? What is Hefty Mobile music?"

Haha exactly. If you handed them a Jethro Tull album, they would file it away in their stack under the Ts and wonder why you are yelling at them.

#111 5 years ago

JT was one of those bands that wandered around quite a bit genre-wise. But they had plenty of stuff that was good hard rock. Saw them at Oakland Colesium in the late 70s right at the time Bursting Out was very popular. They could play.

#116 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

It was not a money battle.
It was Eminem getting completely gutted by a kid that got a manbun glued on his head in Birdbox
All the attention got him cast as Tommy Lee in the new Crue movie
I can see it[quoted image]

When I see a pic like that, all I can think of is a calculated poser. Covered with lame tattoos and everything is done so perfectly to look so cool, right down to the cool underwear with logos to show 'cause your designer jeans are hanging low.

Way back in the day, we weren't posers. We INVENTED having your underwear hanging out of your pants. And it was the regular cheap-ass boxers from Fedco hanging out from Levis 501s worn falling off the butt. It looked stupid and ridiculous. Which was why we did it of course.

Oh yeah, we also invented wearing your baseball cap on backwards. That's not a new thing.

#128 5 years ago

I think maybe one of the big downfalls for current music was overuse of voice processing. Maybe not, who knows.

For a long time, I was that guy. Hendrix, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, etc. That was it, everything else was crap. But I am really expanding these days and enjoying all kinds of music. I hope to spend some time on the newer music and see if I can find some I like. For example - dubstep, some of that is really awesome stuff, love it. But some of it is kind of so-so. There is a lot of rap I like, but I lot I don't like as well. I think there are gems buried everywhere.

Right now I am mining backwards and backwards. All the way to the 20s. I just think its a riot to listen to those old blues songs, it makes you realize those guys way back then were the ones who came up with the stuff that become everything in rock, country etc. I'm not sure if anyone from the 60s onward has come up with a blues/rock single guitar lick that those guys didn't play first.

I have worked my way through the 30s, 40s and 50s. There is lots of great stuff buried in there. Heck I even am listening to some country/western music. If you were to tell that to myself 40 years ago I would have called you crazy. For example, Move it On Over, Hank Williams SR, 1947. Good lord, the guitar work in there, just awesome. In 1947! There is great music in every decade I think. But, also there can be stuff that is not so great in there. Heck even my most favoritest bands often have crap. There's some new stuff by Metallica that's...not good. And then there is "Van Hager". BLECH. But these are all opinions of one person. Others have their own taste. I think its all good, listen to what you want, and try to branch out if you get bored. Its so great you can find this music on the interwebs these days, and Vid I always like your music threads to help me expand. Keep them going!

#139 5 years ago

I think I would blurt
Cars
Duran Duran
Cure
Pet Shop Boys
Thompson Twins

But the 80s also brought a huge pile of one hit wonders which makes it harder to name a list of artists.

#141 5 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Hopefully, none of us ever had to live through a Cars concert.

There aren't many of those 80s bands I would want to see in concert. But I like the music. I remember the Cars played at the universty but I took a pass. I did see Devo play, that was just awesome.

#144 5 years ago

I gave St. Vincent a try, I really did. But....
D0270A2E-C976-479F-99D8-A1EFE221C279 (resized).jpegD0270A2E-C976-479F-99D8-A1EFE221C279 (resized).jpeg

#146 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Have to agree with Law, 80's were mostly filled with iconic artists and music, sure some garbage but....
Add REO Speedwagon, Boston, Journey, Foreigner, Pat Benatar, Cars, etc. to the list
Springsteen, Prince, Madonna, Van Halen, U2, Hall & Oates, Bowie, etc.
the 90's and the birth of grunge? Forgettable

All good although at the risk of getting pedantic about it some of these are more 70s than 80s. I keep the Boston and Foreigner stuff in my 70s folder, they were mostly before the 80s. The "good" Journey stuff was from the 70s but they certainly had huge popular hits i the 80s. Cars is one of those that started in the 70s and fell over into the 80s. REO Speedwagon was also 70s but got their big hits in the early 80s.

I was never much into REO Speedwagon over the years. I did see them play once a little bit back (playing with Devo oddly enough) and I was blown away by the level of musicianship there. As a live performance, it can only be described as incredible. Those guys have more talent in the nail clippings of their pinkie fingers than most bands of today have.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-be-a-lame-old-man-on-grammy-night?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.