(Topic ID: 235770)

Don't be a Lame Old Man on Grammy Night!

By vid1900

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 151 posts
  • 60 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Aladdin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

D0270A2E-C976-479F-99D8-A1EFE221C279 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
H910_Harmonizer (resized).jpg
dicks (resized).jpg
hellfest-pano (resized).jpg
large crowd (resized).jpg
tomorrowland-2018-ravejungle (resized).jpg
25310953_1432004253578951_1619212099641187218_o (resized).jpg
tllzr-music-festival-1 (resized).jpg
jethrotullAd (resized).jpg
fd037fd8e27f7a8023f22050044454c6 (resized).jpg
waynes world garth um ok (resized).jpg
5e05e75987555cbbe2904a80138c0ac1 (resized).jpg
alicia (resized).jpg
dead1 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).png
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.
#1 5 years ago

Middle age white guys always cry that "It's all black guys on the Grammys" or "They don't play any music I've even heard of" or worse, "I haven't bought any new recordings in 2 decades"

Remember, the Grammy's are to celebrate artists that had a release in 2018, not artists from back in the 70s.

So let's get you guys educated on who the Rock nominees are, so you don't sound foolish at work on Monday:

Arctic Monkeys - Four Out Of Five

-

Chris Cornell - When Bad Does Good

-

FEVER 333 - MADE AN AMERICA

-

Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune

-

Halestorm - Uncomfortable

#2 5 years ago
C3CC8691-1836-4C64-82F1-40C37A75D240.gifC3CC8691-1836-4C64-82F1-40C37A75D240.gif
#3 5 years ago

Best Metal Performance:

-

BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME - Condemned To The Gallows

-
Deafheaven - "Honeycomb"

-

High On Fire - Electric Messiah

-

Trivium - Betrayer

-

Underoath - On My Teeth

#4 5 years ago

Who cares? Nobody watches that crap anyways.

#5 5 years ago
9C8AF0AD-6731-4B42-A989-7AEAFAD7E70B.gif9C8AF0AD-6731-4B42-A989-7AEAFAD7E70B.gif
#6 5 years ago

I'll be playing pinball instead of torturing myself watching another brutal award show.

#7 5 years ago

BEST ROCK SONG:

-

Greta Van Fleet - Black Smoke Rising

=

Twenty One Pilots - Jumpsuit

-

Bring Me The Horizon - MANTRA

-

Masseduction - St. Vincent

-

Ghost - Rats

#8 5 years ago

I don’t usually care about the Grammys (BTW Best Metal Performance is not given out on the actual awards show), but that BTBAM record is really great. Here’s to hoping most of the rest of these bozos are celibate!

#9 5 years ago

BEST ROCK ALBUM:

-

RAINIER FOG - Alice In Chains

M A N I A - Fall Out Boy

PREQUELLE - Ghost

FROM THE FIRES - Greta Van Fleet

PACIFIC DAYDREAM - Weezer

#10 5 years ago

Ghost is awesome. Saw them with Iron Maiden in 2017. Greta Van Fleet great as well. If they win a Grammy, WTF cares. That won't make them better or worse. Leave the Grammys to all the new Auto Tuned performers that think it actually means anything.

#11 5 years ago

Good for BTBAM, other than that I could really care less.

#12 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

celibate artists

New category?

#13 5 years ago

Best Traditional Blues Album:

-

SOMETHING SMELLS FUNKY 'ROUND HERE
Elvin Bishop's Big Fun Trio

BENTON COUNTY RELIC
Cedric Burnside

THE BLUES IS ALIVE AND WELL
Buddy Guy

NO MERCY IN THIS LAND
Ben Harper And Charlie Musselwhite

DON'T YOU FEEL MY LEG (THE NAUGHTY BAWDY BLUES OF BLUE LU BARKER)
Maria Muldaur

#14 5 years ago

The Grammy’s.....have to disagree they are a joke and have been since the 80’s when they gave best heavy metal to Jethro Tull over Metallica.....I get it awards are good for folks in the industry as a pat on the back but All the award shows are a joke.

Dead to me and meaninglessness

#15 5 years ago

Best American Roots Performance

-

KICK ROCKS Sean Ardoin

-

SAINT JAMES INFIRMARY BLUES - Jon Batiste

-

THE JOKE - Brandi Carlile

-
ALL ON MY MIND - Anderson East

-

LAST MAN STANDING - Willie Nelson

#16 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The Grammy’s.....have to disagree they are a joke and have been since the 80’s when they gave best heavy metal to Jethro Tull over Metallica.

Get over it.

Everyone was pissed at Metallica, so it was the best way to spit in their face. (and the actual category back then was Hard Rock/Heavy Metal )

#17 5 years ago

And spoiler alert but Chris Cornell will not be there to accept should he win.....RIP.

#18 5 years ago

I listen to all music. My kids expose me to the new stuff.

As for watching the Grammys? F em

Unless Kanye is hosting

#19 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Middle age white guys ...

Says the middle aged white guy... identity politics...F that BS. This is why Vid needs to stick to pinball.

#20 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

Says the middle aged white guy... identity politics...F that BS. This is why Vid needs to stick to pinball.

Is Vid even from this planet?

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

celibate artists

There's a joke here somewhere.

#22 5 years ago

Bring Me The Horizon is a great rock band...MANTRA is awesome and Drown off their last album got me hooked on them.

I know the knock on Greta is that they sound like a Led Zeppelin tribute band, but is that a bad thing? Personally I like them and look forward to more.

#23 5 years ago
Quoted from TxJay:

You think I'm middle aged?

You think I'm a guy???

#24 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Remember, the Grammy's are to celibate artists that had a release in 2018, not artists from back in the 70s.

Actually, I thought the Grammy's were for ill-informed monolithic minded entertainers to shove their unsolicited political opinions down my throat. I've pretty much stopped watching all awards ceremonies for this reason. Don't mean to start a political discussion (I know such is taboo here), but my point is that most people turn to entertainers for entertainment. When they stray from this in what is advertised to be an entertainment setting, it is just off-putting. Kind of hard to enjoy one's momentary escape from reality when having to listen to all the blabbering, regardless of one's political leaning.

#25 5 years ago

I think Vid is more like a collective, an all knowing entity with all that he shares.

Still waiting for Vid’s guide to playing the lottery to win and Sports betting guide....bet he knows a thing or two on these subjects and how not lose your ass!!!

#26 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

You think I'm middle aged?
You think I'm a guy???

Oh snap! She called you out TxJay!!

Unless the Tall man identifies as ‘other’.

We still love ya regardless Vid.

#27 5 years ago

Does anybody watch these shows anymore?

I thought the ratings for all of these awards shows were abysmally low due to all of the political crap that the entertainment industry focuses on.

#28 5 years ago

Very excited, can’t wait for the Grammy awards. Is it in Los Angeles this year?

#29 5 years ago

ELECTRONICA (that would mean 'hard disco or Dance' to the old guys)

-

NORTHERN SOUL Above & Beyond Featuring Richard Bedford

-

ULTIMATUM - Disclosure (Featuring Fatoumata Diawara)

-

LOSING IT - Fisher

-

ELECTRICITY - Silk City & Dua Lipa Featuring Diplo & Mark Ronson

-

GHOST VOICES - Virtual Self

#30 5 years ago

For those not wanting to hear opinions of celebrities on an award show , I’d recommend skipping that and watching
“Team America-World Police”
instead. Celebrities and their opinions get roasted.

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

The Grammy’s.....have to disagree they are a joke and have been since the 80’s when they gave best heavy metal to Jethro Tull over Metallica.....

Are Metallica and their fans still crying about when Jethro Tull won the Grammy in the Heavy Metal category? Sheeeesh, that was the 1989 Grammys. Jane's Addiction and Iggy Pop were also nominated in the Heavy Metal category that year. Metallica could have been nice about it and congratulated Jethro Tull for the win, but James and Lars went on to bitch and moan that Jethro Tull was not Heavy Metal. Lame... This was the year I stopped watching the Grammys. I was tired of all these "metal bands" bitching and moaning about the Grammy awards...

I saw both Jethro Tull and Metallica in concert during the late 1980s, and Jethro Tull was the better band. Happy that JT won that award... They deserved it...

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from fredsmythson:

Are Metallica and their fans still crying about when Jethro Tull won the Grammy in the Heavy Metal category?

Not only are they still crying, but they seem to be oblivious to the fact that Metallica has won EIGHT Grammys.

"Whannn, we lost to Tull 31 years ago, and thus only have 8 Grammys......"

#33 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Middle age white guys always cry that "It's all black guys on the Grammys" or "They don't play any music I've even heard of" or worse, "I haven't bought any new recordings in 2 decades"
Remember, the Grammy's are to celebrate artists that had a release in 2018, not artists from back in the 70s.
So let's get you guys educated on who the Rock nominees are, so you don't sound foolish at work on Monday:
Arctic Monkeys - Four Out Of Five
-
Chris Cornell - When Bad Does Good
-
FEVER 333 - MADE AN AMERICA
-
Greta Van Fleet - Highway Tune
-
Halestorm - Uncomfortable

For being a sort of rebel spirit, you sure seem to give a lot of credence to the Grammys. I don't get it.

#34 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, I thought the Grammy's were for ill-informed monolithic minded entertainers to shove their unsolicited political opinions down my throat. I've pretty much stopped watching all awards ceremonies for this reason. Don't mean to start a political discussion (I know such is taboo here), but my point is that most people turn to entertainers for entertainment. When they stray from this in what is advertised to be an entertainment setting, it is just off-putting. Kind of hard to enjoy one's momentary escape from reality when having to listen to all the blabbering, regardless of one's political leaning.

A lot of politicians were formerly entertainers primarily, so what's the problem? Reagan and Trump come to mind.

#35 5 years ago

It's not the music.

I'm just turned off by celebrity award shows.

#36 5 years ago

What's that nitwit Cardi B. up for this year?

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from usandthem:

For being a sort of rebel spirit, you sure seem to give a lot of credence to the Grammys. I don't get it.

The Grammys are great because 12,000 of the "everyday joe" guys in the industry get to vote.

It's not a committee like the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame.

And it's great because bands like Deafheaven with their 12 minute, probably unmarketable, "Honeycomb" get some recognition. That's pretty badass.

#38 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Best Pepsi

#39 5 years ago

I'd rather give myself a root canal than watch any of the myriad of self promoting 'award' events no matter what my color or age happens to be.

#40 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

Actually, I thought the Grammy's were for ill-informed monolithic minded entertainers to shove their unsolicited political opinions down my throat.

That's the joy of it.

Each entertainer will shout out some crazy slogan "Legalize it", "Lock her up", or "Keep abortion free" and think they have educated the unwashed masses.

No one's mind is ever changed or opinion swayed; people hold on to their parent's beliefs, hell or high water.

#41 5 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Back to the pole for her.

#42 5 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

This x 10000000. Thanks for saying it.

#43 5 years ago

What's "The Grammys" ?

#44 5 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

What's "The Grammys" ?

08E4F5BC-E991-48F4-BC5E-6FBA91B9EEF0 (resized).png08E4F5BC-E991-48F4-BC5E-6FBA91B9EEF0 (resized).png
#45 5 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Remember, the Grammy's are to celebrate artists that had a release in 2018,

Wow, thanks for the update

Quoted from vid1900:

Middle age white guys always cry that "It's all black guys on the Grammys"...

Ummm...no?

#46 5 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Is Vid even from this planet?

What is ya ignant ?
He lives in Yemen.
check out his profile!

#47 5 years ago

I'll be watching the mid-season return of The Walking Dead.

#48 5 years ago

Today's entertainers should remember the phrase "shut up and sing".

#49 5 years ago

Cardi B is a PEE I GEE.

#50 5 years ago
8C249BF4-1ECB-4262-85B8-675FBA18D583 (resized).png8C249BF4-1ECB-4262-85B8-675FBA18D583 (resized).png
There are 151 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-be-a-lame-old-man-on-grammy-night?hl=johnvee and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.