(Topic ID: 274793)

Don't be a dick - Ebay Seller (gulic_johan)

By hassellcastle

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 58 posts
  • 40 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Whysnow
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200810_203057 (resized).jpg
20200810_203009 (resized).jpg
FD76CD56-507E-4E8F-B706-BAE15C0CD07A (resized).png
vlatdrop (resized).jpg
Wiener in the berm (resized).jpg
76F4F707-B815-4616-BF18-59D4B46ED437 (resized).jpeg
Bear (resized).jpg
E8C41874-EA36-458B-8470-6A17D8B53AB3 (resized).png
revisions (resized).JPG
fishing, 2011 - Greg with bass, DSCN0651 (resized).JPG
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

So I'm looking for a Fish Tales Topper Assembly for a Fish Tales we are going to restore.

There is one on Ebay with a Buy it Now of $700 as well as the "Make Offer" tab.
So I sent an offer of $500 to the seller, and he responded shortly there after declining my offer.

I counter offered with $550, and was counter offered with $900.

Seriously?! I don't think $550 is out of line for a Fish Tales topper. Further more why offer the "Make Offer" tab on your
listing if your going to be a dick and then increase the price to $900.

Oh well the search continues.

Willing to buy a Fish Tales Topper. If someone has one for sale

#2 3 years ago

He’s a nutter.

If they don’t want offers they shouldn’t have them turned on or add or B/O to ads.

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

So I'm looking for a Fish Tales Topper Assembly for a Fish Tales we are going to restore.
There is one on Ebay with a Buy it Now of $700 as well as the "Make Offer" tab.
So I sent an offer of $500 to the seller, and he responded shortly there after declining my offer.
I counter offered with $550, and was counter offered with $900.
Seriously?! I don't think $550 is out of line for a Fish Tales topper. Further more why offer the "Make Offer" tab on your
listing if your going to be a dick and then increase the price to $900.
Oh well the search continues.
Willing to buy a Fish Tales Topper. If someone has one for sale

eBay sometimes now forces you to list as make offer if you have your ads automatically renewed. I have to manually go in and change mine many times.

That said, raising your price after receiving an offer is pretty childish. Sounds like the seller is someone just to avoid.

#4 3 years ago

Not the the first Time OP bitched about a fish tales topper.
Op got nasty with me Several years ago.
I’ve sold plenty of fish tales toppers over $500 and just recently sold one for $1,000.
So stop lowballing the guy and buy it or leave him alone. Not my topper for sale but I would have told you the same.
And yes e- pay changes adds to “make an offer” its in new policy agreement. As a seller You have to go back and change it.

#5 3 years ago

Yeah if you want a fish tales topper you have to pay what they want. I don’t see why the OP is complaining, you’ll just pass it off to your customer, as I would.

I sold one for $500 like 5 years ago to a retailer and the guy was pleading, hey at least can you cover shipping?

I’m all “dude I’m not trying to be a dick here but if you are willing to pay $500 for a plastic fish I’m sure you are willing to pay the $50 shipping right?”

He was.

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Not the the first Time OP bitched about a fish tales topper.
Op got nasty with me Several years ago.
I’ve sold plenty of fish tales toppers over $500 and just recently sold one for $1,000.
So stop lowballing the guy and buy it or leave him alone. Not my topper for sale but I would have told you the same.
And yes e- pay changes adds to “make an offer” its in new policy agreement. As a seller You have to go back and change it.

I call BS. I have no idea who you are and I can't recall searching for a Fish Tales topper before in the 5 years I've been here.
Find your e-mails where I've low balled you, before pointing a finger as I'm sure you have me confused with someone else.

#7 3 years ago

I call BS. I have no idea who you are and I can't recall searching for a Fish Tales topper before in the 5 years I've been here.
Find your e-mails where I've low balled you, before pointing a finger as I'm sure you have me confused with someone else.

You are so full of shit!!!!!!

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yeah if you want a fish tales topper you have to pay what they want. I don’t see why the OP is complaining, you’ll just pass it off to your customer, as I would.
I sold one for $500 like 5 years ago to a retailer and the guy was pleading, hey at least can you cover shipping?
I’m all “dude I’m not trying to be a dick here but if you are willing to pay $500 for a plastic fish I’m sure you are willing to pay the $50 shipping right?”
He was.

You can still buy the fish and dome...is it the rest of the assembly that’s unobtainium?

#9 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You are so full of shit!!!!!!

Shows your character calling out a guy just cause he don’t want to sell you a topper at the price you want to pay!

#10 3 years ago

The OP was a being a dick. Don't put on a "MAKE AN OFFER TAP" if you're not willing to bargain.

#11 3 years ago

As I said above I have no idea who you are, so stop trolling.

I don’t think my post was out of line and I don’t think a $550 offer plus shipping on a Fish Tales topper is a low ball offer. Please re-read my post as for whatever reason you think I’m to blame. Offering an item at $700 and Using the “make offer” and offering $550 is no reason to be a dick and increase the price to $900. Unless of course maybe it’s your Ebay listing and your butt hurt I called you out for being childish.

Once again I wanted to warn Pinside of this Ebay seller and now I’m being called at fault. Just Another reason why this site has turned to a cease pool of troll baiting, entitled, know it alls...and why myself and so many other good people don’t frequent like the good old days.

#12 3 years ago

So you are starting a thread about an ebay member on pinside because he doesnt want to sell you an item at the price you are willing to pay ?

Wow

#13 3 years ago

Is it really worth posting a thread on Pinside about this? I mean the seller didn't really do anything wrong except act a little childish. I'd just forget about it and try to find another.

#14 3 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

So you are starting a thread about an ebay member on pinside because he doesnt want to sell you an item at the price you are willing to pay ?
Wow

Not at all. I’m fine with his listing at $700 and that’s my choice if I want to pay that for it. I have no problem with that at all. I’m calling him out for increasing it from $700 BIN to $900 just to be a dick.

#15 3 years ago

Not at all. I’m fine with his listing at $700 and that’s my choice if I want to pay that for it. I have no problem with that at all. I’m calling him out for increasing it from $700 BIN to $900 just to be a dick.

No your just being a dick as usual !
of course you Couldn’t be in the wrong.
And it’s not my eBay add.
Just buck up or shut up!

#16 3 years ago

From looking at the ad, $700 is the starting bid. Make an ending offer and it’s over.

#17 3 years ago

Not a bad move at all (not anything I’d do) but no he’s laid in to you. If you want it, you better pony up and buy it at asking price before it’s gone

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

From looking at the ad, $700 is the starting bid. Make an ending offer and it’s over.

LOL! Oh so the OP is way out of whack with his complaint here. No surprise. If you want the guy to end the auction early you have to pay up. Why would he end the auction early at a price lower than his starting bid? $900 is the "OK you can have it price".

If you want to complain about the seller, you should probably read the ad and familiarize yourself with how ebay works first. Super funny how these threads always implode. I love it.

#19 3 years ago

OP and everyone else should focus on this 50K BTTF. It's...only $50,000..!!!!

ebay.com link: itm

#20 3 years ago

For the record. He did change the listing. At first it was a $700 Buy it now listing. After his counter offer of $900, he changed it to an opening bid of $700.

I know how Ebay works. I wouldn’t have even made the post in the first place if it was an auction with an opening bid of $700. His counter at $900 would have been justifiable, but it wasn’t that way. He changed the listing from BIN to auction.

#21 3 years ago

I am not the seller. Read the ad and believe he wants more than $700. .....and yes, I know how Ebay works.

#22 3 years ago

Are you guys really arguing over a $50 plastic fish.

I love this hobby but threads like this make me want to self harm

#23 3 years ago

Wow

#24 3 years ago
Quoted from russdx:

Are you guys really arguing over a $50 plastic fish.

Just get a Billy Bass off of Craigslist for $5 or $10. Wire it up so instead of that LOUD flapping, Billy Bass cranks his head over and starts singing "Down By The Lazy River" at the appropriate moments.

Done.

LTG : )

#25 3 years ago
#26 3 years ago

Just a thought - if someone lists a Flash for $5K and you offer 25 hundo ( for the sake of argument let’s all pretend to agree that 2.5 k is roughly double it’s actual value ) - are you still low balling ?

#27 3 years ago

For the record. He did change the listing. At first it was a $700 Buy it now listing. After his counter offer of $900, he changed it to an opening bid of $700.
I know how Ebay works. I wouldn’t have even made the post in the first place if it was an auction with an opening bid of $700. His counter at $900 would have been justifiable, but it wasn’t that way. He changed the listing from BIN to auction.

No he didn't. If he had, it would show in the revision history. Attached is an example of what you'd see if he had revised it.

revisions (resized).JPGrevisions (resized).JPG
#28 3 years ago

Heck, I jus made my own toper outta this. Worked gud til he ran outta air, then he smelled a little aftir that.

fishing, 2011 - Greg with bass, DSCN0651 (resized).JPGfishing, 2011 - Greg with bass, DSCN0651 (resized).JPG
#29 3 years ago

Winner winner, chicken dinner! My offer would of been $495.

#30 3 years ago

I agree with hasslecastle! I also had seen the ad for $700 or best offer. and after he realized he posted wrong on eBay he changed his listing to $700 starting bid. It is amazing what people think stuff is worth, was selling for $72 but just the fish on Marco.

#31 3 years ago

First of all, Fish Tales is a horrible pinball machine.
Why in the hell are you on Pinside bitching about ebay? Everyone here knows about ebay.
Pinside is not ebay and ebay sellers can list or change things however the hell they want.
You don’t need to “inform” us about it.
And in closing, Fish Tales is a horrible pinball machine.

#32 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Fish Tales is a horrible pinball machine.

In my book, Fish tales is a damn good game.

#33 3 years ago

Fix one of these up on top
You welcome !

E8C41874-EA36-458B-8470-6A17D8B53AB3 (resized).pngE8C41874-EA36-458B-8470-6A17D8B53AB3 (resized).png
#35 3 years ago

SEEMS TO ME LIKE OP IS THE CHEAP DICK! SEEMS TO ME THE EBAY SELLER KNOWS WHAT IT IS WORTH AND YOUR CHEAP ASS OFFERING $500.00. I WOULD SAY STEP UP OR SHUT UP.

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from mrossman5:

In my book, Fish tales is a damn good game.

Ha, says you. Play it a couple thousand times and check back with me in 10 years. It's so bad. So so bad. It's ok for occasional tournament play but in a home environment, I would rather play Bally Kiss or Lost World, two "not so fun" machines with not much replay value. Even TOTAN is better than Fish Tales and TOTAN is a joke of a game considering how people go nuts over it.

#37 3 years ago

Yep, love the Fish Tales theme, playing it not so much.

#38 3 years ago

No stop... not my Fish Tail topper.

Bear (resized).jpgBear (resized).jpg
#39 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

First of all, Fish Tales is a horrible pinball machine.

OK just for clarity, Are you saying that FT is a horrible pinball machine or FT is a horrible pinball machine. Just askin...

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from Gregory177:

SEEMS TO ME LIKE OP IS THE CHEAP DICK! SEEMS TO ME THE EBAY SELLER KNOWS WHAT IT IS WORTH AND YOUR CHEAP ASS OFFERING $500.00. I WOULD SAY STEP UP OR SHUT UP.

Seems like we found our eBay seller... Lolol

#41 3 years ago

and why myself and so many other good people don’t frequent like the good old days.

Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

Gotta love the people that come here to post a negative thread and complain that Pinside is just negative.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Gotta love the people that come here to post a negative thread and complain that Pinside is just negative.

And people that charge top dollar for everything they sell, but are too cheap to donate to the site that has surely helped them bring in more money.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Gregory177:

Seems to me you are the Ebay seller. No worries, you did nothing wrong in my book.

#44 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Seems like we found our eBay seller... Lolol

Yep....City checks out.

#45 3 years ago

Some of you act like you just came from the good old RGP clan. So much hate, it's really sad that Pinside has become this.

#46 3 years ago

Can sell you my topper for $19.99

76F4F707-B815-4616-BF18-59D4B46ED437 (resized).jpeg76F4F707-B815-4616-BF18-59D4B46ED437 (resized).jpeg
#47 3 years ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

Ha, says you. Play it a couple thousand times and check back with me in 10 years.

Bolted to the Floor, here.

#48 3 years ago
Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Some of you act like you just came from the good old RGP clan

Give RGP some respect, it was the only game in town for a long time. Hell, I used to wear my RGP lanyard to Pinfest (then Pinball Wizards Convention).

#49 3 years ago

The ebay seller did the right thing, I'm sure he knew who he was dealing with FUN/Hassellcastle. FUN complains about high prices, But has some of the highest for sale prices in the biz.

#50 3 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

The ebay seller did the right thing, I'm sure he knew who he was dealing with FUN/Hassellcastle. FUN complains about high prices, But has some of the highest for sale prices in the biz.

Glad I was not the only person to see the irony of his complaints.

He seriously is known internet wide for his outrageous prices.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 119.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 220.00
Playfields
Pinball Haus

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Watertown, MA
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Pleasant Hill, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 84.99
Displays
FlyLand Designs

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

12,500 (OBO)
$ 109.00
Cabinet Parts
Starcade Amusement

$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Creekside Hideaway, LLC

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 60.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Led
Comet Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games

$ 169.00
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Minneapolis, MN
There are 58 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/don-t-be-a-dick-ebay-seller-gulic_johan?hl=nevadanutjob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.