• Topic is favorited by 8 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

DOM Rules Card.pdf (PDF preview)
IMG_3810 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

Wanted to make a thread where rule/code updates could be announced and rulesets could be spelled out and shared. Also a spot to provide feedback and bugs that anyone finds while playing. I just got my DOM and I'm looking forward to exploring the rules.

Latest ruleset provided by Adam Gacek

Pinball Rules
1. Noid Battles
a. Hit the three separate target bank shots to drop the bank and start the Noid Battle
b. Hit the Noid a certain amount of times (it increases for each battle) or hit the Noid orbit to defeat the Noid.
c. Point values increase for each round of battles.
2. Right Side Operations Modes
a. Qualify the three main modes (Make the Pizza, Pizza Dispatch and Lost Topping) by hitting the shots that are labeled with that name. Make the Pizza is the outer orbit shot, Pizza Dispatch is the main ramp and Lost Topping is the Noid orbit and Mega Week is the Tracker targets. After you hit a certain shot three times, you will hear a retro video game audio cue that means that mode is qualified. The light on the pizza box held by the driver with that particular name will also flash when that mode is qualified and the light in front of the scoop under the pizza oven will flash whenever any of these modes is ready.
b. You can increase the jackpot potential for each mode after you qualify it but before you start the mode by hitting more of that particular shot (up to three more shots to boost values).
c. Start the Operations Modes by hitting the scoop under the pizza oven. You can start more than one mode at a time to make it easier to hit jackpots and stack points.
d. When the mode starts, you will get a multiball, during the multiball, hit the flashing shots to qualify jackpots and then the oven ramp to collect jackpots.
e. Mega Week is qualified by hitting all the Tracker targets once. Then the Mega Week insert will light in front of the Oven Ramp. Hit that and then the Oven scoop and it starts.
3. Left Side Career Modes
a. Qualify these by getting Pop Bumper hits (not easy) or hitting the pizza box scoop (counts as 3 Pop Bumper hits each time you hit it).
b. After 10 hits, Driver is qualified. After 20 hits, Manager is qualified. 30 is Franchisee and Gold Franny is 40.
c. After it is qualified, the pizza box held by the driver with the name of the mode will flash and the career mode light by the pizza box scoop will flash as well. Hit the pizza box scoop to start the mode and begin a multiball.
d. I believe each one of these modes has the goal to hit the left orbit shot into the top of the game/pop bumpers to get points and then also hit the pizza box scoop to get more points.
4. Handle the Rush Multiball
a. Spell O-V-E-N in the lanes to light the lock ball at the Pizza Oven ramp.
b. A letter is qualified when it is lit. You can also change the lit lanes by hitting the flipper buttons so you don’t need to drain in order to get the O or the N. Time it so that when the ball is going down the inlanes, V or E, that light is unlit so it then will become lit.
c. Lock 3 balls and then hit either scoop to start Handle the Rush.
d. You cannot trap balls on the flippers in this mode as it is disabled.
e. Try to keep all three balls alive and hit the center ramp as much as possible for points.
5. Tracker Targets
a. Hit all of these to light Mystery Award at the pizza box scoop and to qualify Mega Week mode by hitting the oven ramp and then the oven scoop.
b. The integration of these into the game will be the thing that changes the most as we develop code.
6. Top 5 Star Lanes.
a. Light both of these to increase your bonus multiplier.
7. World's Fastest Pizza Maker. Play all Career multiballs and then the WFPM mode will be lit at the oven scoop. Make three pizzas by hitting the Noid loop, the Store Ramp and then the Oven Ramp to complete the
Fawzma and I have been communicating about rules updates and scoring balances. We will also record more voice callouts to include in this update.

#2 6 years ago

I'll be hopefully play a bunch this weekend since I couldn't make Pinburgh. Though I had some thoughts about a couple of the modes.

Make the pizza, seems to be just shoot more orbits. I thought hit shots to make the pizza, Noid loop to toss the dough, left and right orbit and center ramp to add toppings, oven ramp to cook the pizza. can add more steps a second time you start the mode, add shots during the add toppings, add hit right scoop after oven ramp to put the pizza in a box.

Lost topping, roaming shot, hit once then shoot oven ramp to collect jackpot or hit roaming shot multiple times to collect larger jackpot. Or light the major 5 or 6 shots minus scoops and randomly shoot un lighting shots till you find the randomly assigned shot.

Pizza Dispatch. Timed mode where all lit shots are a delivery location. Complete the shots to finish your route and get a big tip. Add more shots the next time you start the mode. Or we got one style with hit the lit shot to drive to the delivery location.

I guess these ideas kinda play to the idea of individual modes that wouldn't really stack and wouldn't need to be multiball.

Not overly crazy with pretty much every mode giving you multiball.

It's late I'm tired, I'm sure I'll have more thoughts to come.

#3 6 years ago

This game plays great and so far I haven't seen too many bugs. To be honest I've been having too much fun with this game to really dig into the rules too much. The few bugs I have seen are very very rare and I was going to wait until I could recreate them before I reported anything but since this thread is here I'll speak up. If it's anything like the Rob Zombie thread then anytime I catch anything Fawzma will sweep in and say "fixed in v20." Overall a very solid game out of the box. Great work all around!

So far I've only seen three issues and they have only happened maybe twice max and aren't repeatable yet.

- Ball was lost but ball save was active. A new ball loads but the game goes dark like a ball was lost. Didn't stop game play only the lights went out.
- Ball will be lost with no ball save active and the game calls out "remake" but the game is over.
- Ball gets stuck next to the Noid (see photo). To be honest I haven't been able to pull this one off myself so I have no idea how it happens but twice now I've had to pull the glass while other's played because of this. I know this isn't a code issue but something players have run into.

Other stuff I've heard feedback on is pretty nit picky.

- Adjustable Knocker strength would make for less jumpy players on extra ball.
- Also adding a call out for extra players (ala Rob Zombie's "Player 2", "Player 3", etc) would help the confusion of starting a new multiplayer game for new players.

(Currently running code v5 in home environment)

IMG_3810 (resized).JPGIMG_3810 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4 6 years ago

So I have spent a couple nights playing with DOM with the glass off, really going though the game so I can make a rules card before it heads out on route. Some of my findings that I think are bugs. or just weird, or missing.

- Its not 100% of the time but most of the time what ever multiball you are in if you drain with the ball save on it will give you another ball but end the multiball mode giving you two balls in regular play.
- A ball search will often start any multiball that is lit. Would like to see a ball search length option in the settings.
- Need to look at the switch maybe but a career mode multiball will start with the left scoop continuously firing. Not sure exactly what stops it maybe shooting the left scoop, also seems to get extra ball saves whent his happens.
- Went into menu and when I backed out the 1s and Ls in the free play text and any other text of the same type was messed up. didn't go away till I turned the game off and on.
- If you have two multiball options lit starting one auto completes the other with out you getting to play it. It may stack them but I don't think it does. ie I have fastest pizza maker light from completing the ops right track. before I can start the mode I hit the left scoop starting the multiball for gold franny and completing the career left track. when I come out of the multiball fastest pizza make is lit solid and the right scoop not flashing and conquer is lit/flashing. same if you have conquer lit and then get pizza wars and start that you don't get conquer. also if handle the rush is the last thing you collect for pizza wars you don't get to play handle the rush. (to be honest didn't play through pizza wars to see what may have been after I just restarted the game so I wouldn't see it)
- Pizza wars doesn't strobe through the right path like other mini wiz modes.
- Handle the rush doesn't no hold flippers.
- Seems to be some LED ghosting. I can see faint flickering when bulb not lit.
- no instant info if you hold the flippers.
- some time you can lock a ball right off the bat with out completing the OVEN lanes.
- not sure how to get extra ball or video mode.
- Either not sure how to light jackpots in modes or it doesn't light or progress to jackpot. The only mode I can kinda tell something is happening in is lost topping.
- not sure what mystery award advance pop bumper does.
- Mystery never gave me extra ball. What are all the mystery options?

Its late that is all I have the mental capacity for tonight.

#5 6 years ago
Quoted from mackey256:

Ball gets stuck next to the Noid (see photo). To be honest I haven't been able to pull this one off myself so I have no idea how it happens but twice now I've had to pull the glass while other's played because of this. I know this isn't a code issue but something players have run into.

Looks like it could use a post there to prevent a ball from getting up there.

LTG : )

1 week later
#6 6 years ago

I created these for the moment. Mine will be going on location at some point so I needed to have something on there. Free Play one will change for onsite.

DOM Rules Card.pdfDOM Rules Card.pdf

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

I created these for the moment. Mine will be going on location at some point so I needed to have something on there. Free Play one will change for onsite.

Good for you for making rules cards and for finding a location. I bought this with the idea of putting it on location, but that has totally back-fired. The Domino's I frequent claims they're not allowed pinball at their store. That might make sense for, say, The Walking Dead...or any other pinball other than this!

#8 6 years ago

All of the franchises have to have approval from Corp. and be of a certain foot print before they can put the game on location.

1 week later
#9 6 years ago

Playing some more tonight. Any ETA on a code update? Even if for now it just fixes the multiball ball save to mode end but still have multiball for now. About to put on route and that is the biggest noticeable error.

Had fastest pizza maker and a career mode lit hit the career mode and didn't notice a stack but fastest pizza maker no longer lit when career multiball ended. Get the left scoop continuously firing during career mode at times but is stopped by hitting the left scoop again.

#10 6 years ago
Quoted from gottafixit:

Playing some more tonight. Any ETA on a code update? Even if for now it just fixes the multiball ball save to mode end but still have multiball for now. About to put on route and that is the biggest noticeable error.
Had fastest pizza maker and a career mode lit hit the career mode and didn't notice a stack but fastest pizza maker no longer lit when career multiball ended. Get the left scoop continuously firing during career mode at times but is stopped by hitting the left scoop again.

I understand what you are referring to no.. I'm going to kill off the light for career mode.. that is misleading.. worlds fastest only has 3 shots that you have to complete in order, 3 times.

I'll be working on a score table to show fastest times.

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I understand what you are referring to no.. I'm going to kill off the light for career mode.. that is misleading.. worlds fastest only has 3 shots that you have to complete in order, 3 times.
I'll be working on a score table to show fastest times.

Just to clarify I chose to start the Career multiball over pizza maker (pretty sure it didn't stack in pizza maker with career) then when the multiball ended pizza maker was no longer available and was lit solid as if I had played it.

#12 6 years ago

Mr. Fawzma,

Are you doing a video mode for this code update?

Best,

Winston.

#13 6 years ago

I'll answer for David, we have one in concept that is under development. Not sure if it will make it into the next version but it will be in there.

This update will be mostly bug fixes, more animations, music and call outs, rule changes and easier to follow shot requirements.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I'll answer for David, we have one in concept that is under development. Not sure if it will make it into the next version but it will be in there.
This update will be mostly bug fixes, more animations, music and call outs, rule changes and easier to follow shot requirements.

Terrific, sounds good Adam.

2 months later
#15 6 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Hi Adam & David,

Any idea on whether the next code update might come out before the holidays?

Cheers,

Winston.

9 months later
#16 5 years ago

Just got this game, little bit multiball heavy but fun game! Really cool shots, callouts and music...spooky keeps making good games any news on updates for this one?

3 weeks later
#17 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Just got this game, little bit multiball heavy but fun game! Really cool shots, callouts and music...spooky keeps making good games any news on updates for this one?

Haven't heard a thing since August 2017.

#18 5 years ago

It would be nice to see some kind of code update. Installed a shaker & knocker when I got the game NIB. Starting to think buying those add-ons was a waste..

#19 5 years ago

Interesting. Does the shaker do anything?

#20 5 years ago

The game is fun as it sits but multiball heavy and lots of stacking. Really hoping they stick with it.

#21 5 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Does the shaker do anything?

Not with the current code.

#22 5 years ago

It seemed like a video mode was on it's way, idk how much else is in the works just haven't heard anything recently. Alice Cooper is prob dominating their software dept but hoping for continuing support for dominos

Added over 5 years ago:

Also found a bug when you finish pizza wars ( which was awesome) it remains lit. The other modes don't reset and you can just keep starting pizza wars...

1 week later
#23 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

It seemed like a video mode was on it's way, idk how much else is in the works just haven't heard anything recently. Alice Cooper is prob dominating their software dept but hoping for continuing support for dominos

Added 7 days ago: Also found a bug when you finish pizza wars ( which was awesome) it remains lit. The other modes don't reset and you can just keep starting pizza wars...

Yes, this happened to me as well. I alerted Mr. Fawzma to the bug over a year ago. Would be really great to see them at least finish the code. That is bare minimum of what one should expect when buying a pin.

2 months later
#24 5 years ago

Sent in a basic email sharing some of the bugs I had found. Sounds like spooky will at the very least clean up bugs in a future update. I would imagine other things will be modified as well but who knows. Once Alice is on the line I'll have more hope for Domino's.

#25 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Sent in a basic email sharing some of the bugs I had found. Sounds like spooky will at the very least clean up bugs in a future update. I would imagine other things will be modified as well but who knows. Once Alice is on the line I'll have more hope for Domino's.

That is great to hear! Could you post your list of bugs so I could compare and maybe add to it?

There is one issue with my machine and I'm not sure if it is a bug or if something isn't working correctly. 50% of the time when you start manager multi-ball the left scoop coil continues to fire every few seconds even though it already launched the ball. It does this until you eventually hit the scoop and it stops. The scoop works perfectly during the rest of the game.

Also, I recently spoke to someone who told me because of an error in the code the game bricks around 14,000 plays. I'm no where close to that number of plays but I hope this is addressed if it is a real issue.

#26 5 years ago

I only mentioned a bug where if the game is tilted there's no ball search from the oven scoop perhaps its just my game or some switch issue. Also the "handle the rush" multiball isn't doing the "no flipper hold" as its supposed to. The one I mentioned above is also happening as well where if you make it to pizza wars and beat it, the game keeps letting you play pizza wars instead of having to re-qualify. Apron mentions video mode too =)
Hope for the best...

#27 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

I only mentioned a bug where if the game is tilted there's no ball search from the oven scoop perhaps its just my game or some switch issue. Also the "handle the rush" multiball isn't doing the "no flipper hold" as its supposed to. The one I mentioned above is also happening as well where if you make it to pizza wars and beat it, the game keeps letting you play pizza wars instead of having to re-qualify. Apron mentions video mode too =)
Hope for the best...

Good on you both for bringing this to the forefront. It's been rather lonesome in the ol' Domino's thread here the past two years.

#28 5 years ago

I'm sure many people have either played early code and written the game off, or don't know enough about pinball rules to notice/care. But I really enjoy the layout and theme and hope the rest can be polished up a bit.
Fawsma made major changes from the first buffalo pinball stream (aka skill shot=win) and the changes in my mind were for the best. Really unique multiplier rules with stacking bonus makes the numerous multiballs worth minimal points if not planned properly. Seems like attention has been diverted from this title and rightfully so, but we can still discuss and come up with ideas for updates.
I was hoping for a variant of the Rob zombie video mode where you have to dodge the noid to deliver pizzas to people on either side of the street.

#29 5 years ago

Guys - check your pinside messages. Would love some help in crafting the rules update/fix. No promises on how much we can get done in terms of new stuff but Charlie and Fawzma have promised to fix any bugs at a minimum.

-Adam

#30 5 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Guys - check your pinside messages. Would love some help in crafting the rules update/fix. No promises on how much we can get done in terms of new stuff but Charlie and Fawzma have promised to fix any bugs at a minimum.
-Adam

Best news I've gotten in 2019 so far!

#31 5 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

50% of the time when you start manager multi-ball the left scoop coil continues to fire every few seconds even though it already launched the ball. It does this until you eventually hit the scoop and it stops. The scoop works perfectly during the rest of the game.

I've seen that behavior on my game too.

#32 5 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

-Adam

When we get all the new goodies in and drop the new code I predict a video tutorial showing all the Easter eggs.

#33 5 years ago

Kudos to Adam for spearheading this. Could be a feel-good pinball story. Will reinvigorate our games at a minimum.

Cheers,

Winst.

3 weeks later
#34 5 years ago

Sounds like there's a lot to do but there's so much great fun code to work off of already. Re work on career, bug fixes, and clean up some scoring to really finish off this game strong. Thanks to Adam for trying to keep momentum up on this project.

#35 5 years ago

I have a Dominos with Extra Glass option
50 plays Mint , it’s for Sale ?

Make an Offer

1 month later
#36 5 years ago

Saw the killer updates on Alice Cooper... Hoping our old pizza pinball gets some love soon

#37 5 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Saw the killer updates on Alice Cooper... Hoping our old pizza pinball gets some love soon

Me too!

I got the rule sheet from spooky a few weeks ago and was going to go through it and report back with a detailed bug report but I haven't had time.

2 months later
#38 4 years ago

Anyone heard any updates? Been too quiet, I had communicated with Adam and Spooky a while back. It sounded like there may be a significant update and fixes. It's been a ghost town since then

#39 4 years ago
Quoted from jespo_19:

Anyone heard any updates? Been too quiet, I had communicated with Adam and Spooky a while back. It sounded like there may be a significant update and fixes. It's been a ghost town since then

This has been my experience as well. Most unfortunate.

1 month later
#40 4 years ago

I hope they have something coming. I love shooting the game but I don't love when a friend starts to get a good score and asks what to do next; my answer, I'm not sure. The game has great a great rule base and I feel like all the graphics are there, but needs a tidy up to make it complete.

Career modes have some issues. The goals/shots need to be made more clear. On my game you can move up careers quickly and I believe this is a bug with the scoop awarding extra career points when it shouldn't. A misfire on the scoop should not award another 3 points towards your career, which is what I think is what is happening?, not sure. I think an easy fix would be making the pops the only way to advance your career, maybe make them worth slightly more.

The operation modes mostly work but need bug fixes. It would also be nice if it was more clear what modes where running when.

So many simple but great ideas in the game that needs to be finished! I would pay $50 for an update and send free pizza to Benton.

Adam sent me the rule sheet a while back. My plan was to break down the fixes but I haven't found anytime. If you want it message me.

#41 4 years ago

Likewise. Adam kindly sent me the code ideas...then disappeared. I feel like they lost the source code and have given up. Fawzma incommunicado .
No communication from any party in several months. Inexcusable in any business.
Very sad considering this was sold as a real pinball machine, when it is really no such thing. Glorified whitewood. Nobody has offered me more than $3,500 USD for mine, which is a huge loss. 40% at least.
Also, does your "Handle the Rush" multiball let you catch balls? Yes, it does...but it's not supposed to!!!

Quoted from LoganJK:

I hope they have something coming. I love shooting the game but I don't love when a friend starts to get a good score and asks what to do next; my answer, I'm not sure. The game has great a great rule base and I feel like all the graphics are there, but needs a tidy up to make it complete.
Career modes have some issues. The goals/shots need to be made more clear. On my game you can move up careers quickly and I believe this is a bug with the scoop awarding extra career points when it shouldn't. A misfire on the scoop should not award another 3 points towards your career, which is what I think is what is happening?, not sure. I think an easy fix would be making the pops the only way to advance your career, maybe make them worth slightly more.
The operation modes mostly work but need bug fixes. It would also be nice if it was more clear what modes where running when.
So many simple but great ideas in the game that needs to be finished! I would pay $50 for an update and send free pizza to Benton.
Adam sent me the rule sheet a while back. My plan was to break down the fixes but I haven't found anytime. If you want it message me.

#42 4 years ago

Yes, my handle the rush does let you hold the flippers.

#43 4 years ago

I really want the code to be finished so I can put it at my buddy's bar.

2 weeks later
#44 4 years ago

Things that 100% must happen:
Handle the rush should be as advertised with "no hold"
Weird ball search and bugs squashed so it can be in tournaments without worries of game ending situations.
A video mode was initially promised as well, printed on decals ..

Things that would be nice:
Operations and career modes need polish...
Noid mini wizard or some reason to shoot the noid area
Callouts and better info to tell players what's up.

I'm sure we all sent Adam info about wants but it's a great layout to flip and a cheesy (literally) theme that has lots of charm. Hope it gets finished.

1 month later
#45 4 years ago

Another I wish they did something post.

#46 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

Another I wish they did something post.

The silence is deafening.

Something must be truly wrong; there is no other logical explanation to abandon ones' customers for such a time. Indeed, this is no "30 minutes or free" delivery promise. This is like "three years, and fuhgetaboutit".
Sorry Adam and Charlie. I'm sure you're both great fellas, but the communication re: code is brutal. That much can't be disputed. Pinball might be "hard", but communication isn't; it has been 8 months since we heard anything. Not fun!

#47 4 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

-Adam

#48 4 years ago

I emailed Adam. We will see.

1 week later
#49 4 years ago

ADAM GOT BACK TO ME, He said he has finished doing some of the outlining for the new code and is basically waiting for Spooky to free up some time from Alice Coopers to complete it. He didn't make any promises but any news is good news.

#50 4 years ago
Quoted from LoganJK:

ADAM GOT BACK TO ME, He said he has finished doing some of the outlining for the new code and is basically waiting for Spooky to free up some time from Alice Coopers to complete it. He didn't make any promises but any news is good news.

That's terrific. Feels like Spooky have been working on Alice Cooper's for 3+ years.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-ruleset-and-code-updates?hl=puffdanny and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.