firedog_(resized).jpg
geek_squad_(resized).jpg
DXP.jpg
iq_test.jpg
dominos.png
the-noid.jpg
dominos_tracker.jpg
doas.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#61 8 years ago

Bring back Roma Herb crust, bitches. =|

(6 years Domino's delivery driver experience.)

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll be working on this one as well. This is definitely a pin and not some gimmick.

Better be "toppings" inserts like light up mushrooms and pepperoni, and a dough ball spinner.

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

We still have the auto cheesers

I hate cleaning those MOTHERF---ERS....

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Maybe the drivers could play this while they're waiting for the next delivery run.

Don't know too much about the business, eh?

Absolutely no driver ever wants to be in the store. At all. If you're in the store, you're doing bitch work....answering phones, cleaning the damn makeline junk (or how about those hundreds of pans for deep dish that are covered in disgusting oil, YAY!!!), scrubbing floors or walls, making pizzas (that part isn't so bad), or folding boxes (hope you like calluses on your hands). Profit margins are SH-T on pizza, especially delivered pizza, so having drivers standing around idle is a great way to go out of business or to be replaced if you're a store manager letting employees do that.

Quoted from labnip:

11. It's not my turn to drive mode,

Okay, this is the one exception. There are sh-t houses and sh-t apartments that nobody wants to go to....but at least you're still getting paid mileage and not scrubbing pans.

2 weeks later
#130 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

WILL be a Noid!

I'm sold.

#151 8 years ago

Rocking the driver hat today.

20151127_132413.jpg20151127_132413.jpg

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Nice woot shirt, I have the same one! #geek

I have way too many woot shirts. It's like 80% of my closet. They're also in Carrollton, which is ~15 miles from where I live. :p

1 week later
#166 8 years ago
Quoted from CraigC:

Wizard mode where you battle Pizza the hut.
"Pizza is going to send out for YOU!" unless you collect 1 million spacebucks.

Or just cradle the ball and wait for him to eat himself to death.

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I had their "crazy bread" a few months ago and they had no almost no butter or garlic on them. Just total crap.

Um...

Domino's doesn't have "crazy bread"......that's Little Ceasar's dude. Even barring that, you might want to consider that the person that made your specific order was an idiot. I don't know what dinks service your area, but any breadsticks I've had (or personally made) had enough butter and garlic crap on them that I wouldn't eat it.. I don't like having a coronary, belching butter flavored oil, or spiking my blood pressure from all the salt. Yecch. Trust me, if it's made to "spec"...there's no shortage of "butter" or garlic...it's about five times what is necessary IMO. >_<;;

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

That's why I put it in quotes, because it was Domino's version of Crazy Bread™

SMH...whatever man. Trying to figure out why people can't just call something what it is.

1 week later
#247 8 years ago
Quoted from Tigger64:

That is awesome that this is being done.
But isn't it sad that it's come to this: having to raise money for people who have jobs? During past recessions we helped out people who lost their jobs, but now we have to donate food for people who work for profitable companies.

What do you expect? It's the least they can do to have a fund like this, considering that by the time you factor in car maintenance and gas prices (when they go back to being crap...which they will) are not really fairly compensated for by Domino's. If you look at raw numbers, even working at a "bad" store like the last one I worked at in the Dallas area, you might be lucky if you average about 15 bucks an hour.

Oh, but wait.... take out gas and maintenance, because that 31 cents a mile or whatever doesn't cut it....it didn't even cut it in my Civic Hybrid. You're really making like maybe 10 bucks an hour. Oh, did I mention this crazy thing called "Tip credit"? Google that one. Oh, and while you're on the road, the store actually doesn't even pay you minimum wage because you have the POSSIBILITY of some kind soul tipping you, or maybe you're delivering to the ghetto and you're just lucky if someone answers the door that understands english, or if you're SUPER lucky (as I was?), you're not even allowed to get out of your car at that complex, because drivers have been robbed there before. You have to call their phone, hope they answer, then wait while they make their way down to the parking lot....and then stiff you 10 minutes later.

God forbid you have a slow night, or you get stiffed a bunch of times, guess what...the higher amount they pay you inside the store over minimum wage is actually used against you to bring your driving time UP TO minimum wage! As long as you make minimum wage in the aggregate over your shift, that's all that matters to them....which doesn't even come CLOSE to covering all the crap your car goes through being stopped and started 20-30 times that evening.

Also fun parts of being a driver:

Idiots working the cut table when it's busy put the wrong pizza in the box (this potentially screws over two drivers and wastes a TON of time as things have to be redelivered and food costs through the roof)

Driving on ice (I actually enjoy this one. I'm probably crazy but I think driving on a sheet of hard sleet or ice is about the most fun I can have as a delivery driver. It's totally a hazard because OTHER people are very stupid on the road though.)

Having the full value of your tips reported, but the store/company does not actually pay taxes on them, you pay taxes when the IRS comes for their annual clusterf...

Folding pizza boxes. Because this isn't something that could be automated and done by a machine 40 times faster than three guys standing around a pile of flats tearing up their hands.

Washing the "butter flavored oil" out of the pans for breadsticks and pan pizzas. Also, cleaning the auto-cheeser, which smells like feet at the end of the day, even though it's cleaned for safety reasons frequently enough.

Mop mop mop, all day long, mop mop mop while I sing this song.

Delivery charges which half pays their "mileage" and the other half goes right into the accounts of corporate.

*Edit* Out of respect to the guy working on this project, I feel compelled to mention that a lot of this stuff is long-standing issues with the ENTIRE INDUSTRY, not just Domino's. Treat your drivers right...we know who you are, where you live, and we NEVER FORGET.

#249 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Better be a mode where the pizza delivery guy gets the hot wife answering the door naked and inviting him in for his 'tip'.
easter egg at minimum.

I challenge any other delivery driver to provide proof this has ever ACTUALLY happened to them, not that they're just blowing smoke up someone's rear to make themselves look cool. 7 years delivering pizza, never, EVER had this happen, nor so much as a boob, but hey, maybe the ghetto is too respectable for that.

#255 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Yeah, the best I've heard is people getting tipped in weed.

Okay, I *DID* actually have -THAT- happen. I declined, but they did offer and were quite serious.

Quoted from Erik:

In my youth I delivered pizzas for Little Seizures in San Antonio and I did get treated to boobs. Alas no proof, but they do (or did) exist

I was more talking about the "home run" not a "Base hit".

Quoted from Whysnow:

I figure delivering pizza when in college in a college town likely made for fun times.

University of Texas @ Dallas was in my delivery area. 'Nuff said.

2 months later
#312 8 years ago

Pfft...what a joke. I'm totally sure most franchisees are going to be ordering 25k+ cars (Custom ain't cheap, spitballing the price here) for their drivers. The slap in the face of mileage rates and forcing people to use their own cars and insurance, and pay for their own maintenance caused by the business, is just way too lucrative for them.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frax.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-themed-pin?tu=frax and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.