firedog_(resized).jpg
geek_squad_(resized).jpg
DXP.jpg
iq_test.jpg
dominos.png
the-noid.jpg
dominos_tracker.jpg
doas.png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Buffalo Chicken pizza is the best!

The local place here has the best and only Buffalo Chicken pizza I've ever tasted.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Wow!! From wikipedia:
"Decline of the Noid
On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[3] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[4] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot.[5]"

What is the Widow's Son?

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Andrew has the best sauce in town, did that come out right?

Does Domino's use tomato sauce in their Buffalo Chicken Pizza? The local place here uses Ranch instead of pizza sauce. It's delicious.

#41 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cant remember, Andrew can chime in on that. But it was so good when I was at his party this last summer.
The Smoked Chicken BBQ pizzas we get from Smoke Pit use bbq sauce as sauce, they actually let you slap it together however you want of course....

That's cool. I had never had ranch on pizza before this place started selling it. They now sell a Ham and Cheddar, Chicken Bacon Ranch, and Buffalo all with ranch instead of pizza sauce. They also have a BBQ Chicken.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dammit, I want a pizza now.......Ill often drizzle some ranch on top of pizza, but have not cooked one with it already on.

I wanted a pizza tonight but their phone was busy.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My understanding is this pin is a promotional item.
Franchisees can choose to order one for the waiting room of their locations. Customers can play it, and achieving an objective scores a coupon for next visit.
Seems like a great opportunity for Spooky, and who knows what it could lead to?

I see this deal as something similar to what Heighway did with that Baccardi machine. A good project to add to the war chest and keep things moving. The theme is kind of cool too. A unique theme that's different from the superheroes, bands, and dragons. It'll be interesting to see what this looks like.

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

DMBJunky-Sorry to hear the phone was busy...there's always online ordering for those rare occurrences.

That wasn't Domino's but a local pizza joint. lol Thanks though

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

Also 60 is the first part of the run...the first 50 orders will be LE's with a plaque and different artwork.
The goal is to sell as many as possible to further support the charity.
In 2 days 50 sold to just Domino's people, however many sell is dependent on demand and Spooky Pinball

Has Spooky made this public yet? I thought you only received an internal communication through Domino's about this.

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

If this is accurate, I really like the opportunity Spooky has on their hands. Hopefully there is actual thought put into the game play/modes, and this is more than just Domino's marketing pictures everywhere.
Maybe the drivers could play this while they're waiting for the next delivery run. Speaking of...I would probably go with the Domino's pizza delivery driver as the main concept. Could be similar to Taxi where you have to deliver to some famous (non-licensed) people instead of giving them a lift. You could pass other pizza chains by referring to them indirectly....Papa Tom's...Pizza Shack...etc. Then you could work your way up in terms of some kind of pizza delivery rank. Similar to badges in Galaga, but more pizza based obviously. I know the Domino's guys around here sometimes put several of those shark fin car-stick-on-toppers on the top of their vehicle so the ranks could be similar. Could even have these as the actual topper of the game.
Wizard Mode: Deliver enough pies on Super Bowl Sunday before the timer runs out to achieve Pizza King.
Or, maybe you have to progress up from Domino's spinning sign person->Store Cleaner->Delivery Runner->Pie Maker->Store Manager->Franchise Owner
Would be cool if they tied these to the internet so that all the Domino's Franchise owners can compete against each other.

In keeping with Taxi, make it a simple pin without a DMD. That would be cool. Instead of ordering delivery, I would just go to Domino's and wait for my pizza to be made.

1 week later
#92 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Still hoping this goes away. If not I hope it is very profitable for Spooky Pinball LLC.

What's the reason someone would be against this? More pinball is good right?

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

Because Domino's Pizza is a crap theme. I can not imagine paying to put this in my collection. As I said before I want to buy all Spooky pins but never imagined something like this. Only upside I can see is if it brings enough money into the company to strengthen it. I don't see that happening through sales of the game so my hope would be that Domino's is paying them enough to make it worth while.

There are many themes in pinball that turned out great. Fishing, Golfing, Taxi driving, Construction all sound like terrible themes but turned out really well. I like the diversity in pinball, the variety of themes and there hasn't been a lot of that recently. So I can see promise in this, even if on the surface it looks like it wouldn't work.

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from SpookyCharlie:

This game is being done exclusively for Domino's. If you want one I believe you can get one, but we're not the retailer. For the record, it shot well past the 50 games mark on the first day it was announced.
We want to be the best we can be, and guaranteed games to build is a great way to move forward. We couldn't be more thrilled than to have been selected to help make this project a reality! The game will be full featured, designed in cooperation with Domino's, and something we both can be proud of.
A 2nd production line will be set up to handle this game, and NOT slow down anything with RZ. Making a few more jobs is awesome... and once these games are complete we can move the new help to RZ to speed it up.
Bottom line is, we're growing... and that's a GREAT thing!

Sounds Great! Are you hiring?

#137 8 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

why is this good? Who cares what those people do? If people don't play pinball, it's not my job to entice them to do so. Pinball isn't a cult.

Ummm I didn't know you work for Spooky.

2 weeks later
#196 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

You know what? A "sponsored pin" from Domino's might not be the most earth shatteringly amazing theme for a game. But damn, it's a new pinball, and it's going to be exposed to a ton of people.
How can that not be a good thing?
I drained the art/contest thread a while ago (I knew I'd just turn into a dick if I kept posting) so I dunno if that's still going, but for the record I think it's cool that Spooky is doing the deal. I don't want one, but shit, I'll see if a Domino's near me gets one.
And frankly if they'd drop the stupid contest thing, and hire a dope illustrator and theme it all around the Noid engaged in some crazy hijinks? That dude is funny and freaky. Make it hand drawn and crazy, it would be pretty cool to me.
'Yo Noid' by nintendocartmart

That's too bad you quit reading it. I made a joke at your expense. lol

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-themed-pin?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.