geek_squad_(resized).jpg
DXP.jpg
iq_test.jpg
dominos.png
the-noid.jpg
dominos_tracker.jpg
doas.png

This topic is closed.

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.
#51 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My understanding is this pin is a promotional item.
Franchisees can choose to order one for the waiting room of their locations. Customers can play it, and achieving an objective scores a coupon for next visit.
Seems like a great opportunity for Spooky, and who knows what it could lead to?

That's interesting. Curious how it would hold up in an environment that may not have pinball techs on hand. I help a local operator out at a pretty busy spot, and something simple can take down a game pretty easily.

#52 8 years ago

The first few weeks on location, when everything comes loose from shipping will probably be a small nightmare.

Once it's broken in, it has a fighting chance.

It probably won't get that much play anyway. Has anyone ever actually stepped foot inside a Domino's?

#53 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Has anyone ever actually stepped foot inside a Domino's?

9 times out of 10 (especially with the ease of logging into the app to order, and even re-order of past orders), it's far too easy to just order that way. I think I stepped in once about a year ago because I just happened to be passing by.

#54 8 years ago

There have been a bunch of commercials lately promoting their carry out business, a few carry out only deals.

#55 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

There have been a bunch of commercials lately promoting their carry out business, a few carry out only deals.

Interesting, never knew that.

I cancelled cable a few years ago, so I'm completely behind on my pizza commercial knowledge.

#56 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I cancelled cable a few years ago, so I'm completely behind on my pizza commercial knowledge.

Dang. So you are telling us that there will not be a "Vid's Guide To Pizza Commercials" thread?

#57 8 years ago
Quoted from ChadH:

Dang. So you are telling us that there will not be a "Vid's Guide To Pizza Commercials" thread?

Not when you have Daym kicking out the great reviews:

#58 8 years ago

Pizza and pinball seem strange bedfellows. I like pinball and I sure like pizza, but the thought of playing a Dominoes game makes me uncomfortable. Greasy buttons, smeared glass, pepperoni inserts...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#59 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Not when you have Daym kicking out the great reviews:

that man is far too excited about little ceasers pizza

#60 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

that man is far too excited about little ceasers pizza

That pizza with the garlic butter bacon crust WAS the shit.

#61 8 years ago

Bring back Roma Herb crust, bitches. =|

(6 years Domino's delivery driver experience.)

#62 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Has anyone ever actually stepped foot inside a Domino's?

I was inside one Thursday night...ordered the 3 topping large for $7.99, carry out only.

#63 8 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

... we can safely say that they will cost between $4,500 and $5,500 plus shipping. ...

Wow, that does not sound like a gum dispenser, sounds like a full on pinball. Interesting promotion!

#65 8 years ago

I'll be working on this one as well. This is definitely a pin and not some gimmick.

#66 8 years ago

I think there will be a lot more than 50. I think 50 was the initial order to get the ball rolling.

I'm sure this is going to be great for charity, it sounds like they are trying to raise a lot of money and I'm sure they will succeed.

Quoted from blue95:

With a proposed 50 being made and over 5000 Dominos stores in the USA, they wont be for sale to the general public, so no need to worry about this.

#67 8 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

I'll be working on this one as well. This is definitely a pin and not some gimmick.

Better be "toppings" inserts like light up mushrooms and pepperoni, and a dough ball spinner.

#68 8 years ago

Maybe after you make the pizza, if you can hit the doorbell shot (DING!) you get more points.

#69 8 years ago

If the games are only on location at dominos stores I see dominos becoming very popular.

#70 8 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

My understanding is this pin is a promotional item.
Franchisees can choose to order one for the waiting room of their locations. Customers can play it, and achieving an objective scores a coupon for next visit.
Seems like a great opportunity for Spooky, and who knows what it could lead to?

I see this deal as something similar to what Heighway did with that Baccardi machine. A good project to add to the war chest and keep things moving. The theme is kind of cool too. A unique theme that's different from the superheroes, bands, and dragons. It'll be interesting to see what this looks like.

#71 8 years ago

Buffalo Chicken is my favorites. Has White American cheese which melts into an almost cheesy sauce, onions, chicken, provolone, and cheddar, then is drizzled with Hot Sauce. I usually go no onion or sometimes replace them with Banana Peppers. It does not come with Pizza Sauce.

We still have the auto cheesers, the pepperoni press is now gone, we get emailed updates sending us to a live store...I used to always look at stores for sale myself

Don't have a leasing number I know all of the equipment I have I own, minus the Coca cola cooler in my lobby.

DMBJunky-Sorry to hear the phone was busy...there's always online ordering for those rare occurrences.

Should try the new Marble Cookie Brownies, the girlfriend eats about 6 a week

#72 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

DMBJunky-Sorry to hear the phone was busy...there's always online ordering for those rare occurrences.

That wasn't Domino's but a local pizza joint. lol Thanks though

#73 8 years ago

Also 60 is the first part of the run...the first 50 orders will be LE's with a plaque and different artwork.

The goal is to sell as many as possible to further support the charity.

In 2 days 50 sold to just Domino's people, however many sell is dependent on demand and Spooky Pinball

#74 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

We still have the auto cheesers

I hate cleaning those MOTHERF---ERS....

#75 8 years ago

Hmmmmm. Spooky has almost finished amh.
Rob zombie should start production in janurary.

Dominos is in the pipe and they have broken ground on the new building.

Go team spooky!

#76 8 years ago
Quoted from Frax:

Better be "toppings" inserts like light up mushrooms and pepperoni, and a dough ball spinner.

Maybe a toppings topper

#78 8 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

Also 60 is the first part of the run...the first 50 orders will be LE's with a plaque and different artwork.
The goal is to sell as many as possible to further support the charity.
In 2 days 50 sold to just Domino's people, however many sell is dependent on demand and Spooky Pinball

Has Spooky made this public yet? I thought you only received an internal communication through Domino's about this.

#79 8 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

If the games are only on location at dominos stores I see dominos becoming very popular.

There is no room for a pin in the lobby of the dominoes by me. I imagine many of the locations are like this.

#80 8 years ago

When will Spooky make this pin? I thought Rob Zombie was supposed to keep them busy for the next 1.5 years.

#81 8 years ago

If this is accurate, I really like the opportunity Spooky has on their hands. Hopefully there is actual thought put into the game play/modes, and this is more than just Domino's marketing pictures everywhere.

Maybe the drivers could play this while they're waiting for the next delivery run. Speaking of...I would probably go with the Domino's pizza delivery driver as the main concept. Could be similar to Taxi where you have to deliver to some famous (non-licensed) people instead of giving them a lift. You could pass other pizza chains by referring to them indirectly....Papa Tom's...Pizza Shack...etc. Then you could work your way up in terms of some kind of pizza delivery rank. Similar to badges in Galaga, but more pizza based obviously. I know the Domino's guys around here sometimes put several of those shark fin car-stick-on-toppers on the top of their vehicle so the ranks could be similar. Could even have these as the actual topper of the game.

Wizard Mode: Deliver enough pies on Super Bowl Sunday before the timer runs out to achieve Pizza King.

Or, maybe you have to progress up from Domino's spinning sign person->Store Cleaner->Delivery Runner->Pie Maker->Store Manager->Franchise Owner

Would be cool if they tied these to the internet so that all the Domino's Franchise owners can compete against each other.

#82 8 years ago

I think most the modes & shots should be about all the different ways the pizza maker gets his hands dirty and gets funk on the pizza dough before the pizza goes in the oven (timer).

There should be a:
1. get the location mgr fall-down drunk wizard mode,
2. hunt to hire the most stoned driver (like TAF treasure hunt),
3. Mystery topping shot bonus (extra point for finger nails & mustache hairs),
4. Keep the phone lines busy by talking to girlfriend mode,
5. Smoke in the walk-in freezer mode,
6. Act sober in front of cop making pick-up mode,
7. Find the missing hair net mode,
8. Easter egg: Donald Trump, you're fired mode
9. Avoid getting hit on by the zit covered coworker,
10. How much fatter can you get by over eating carbs mode. Try to get fatter than the doorway so fire dept has to use jaws of life to break you out of restaurant,
11. It's not my turn to drive mode,
12. Who wants anything from Mc Donald's on my way back mode,
13. Try to explain how the floor got sticky over there, of all places mode,
14. Figure out which dipshit forgot to lock up last night mode,
15. Succeed in getting someone else to train the new employ before you strangle him (ala: TSPP Bart/Homer),
16. Find out how many of the high school girl employees the mgr is sleeping with mode.
17. Avoid getting promoted to a mgr position for a nickle raise mode,
18. Why do all my employees hate me mode,
19. How many employees still live with their mother mode,
20. Figure out how to sign your name on the job application mode,
21. Omg, I'm going to be stuck in this job for the rest of my life, realization mode,
22. Dude, where's my car mode.

Ya know... Make it based on the real world

#83 8 years ago

There goes my plan to own every Spooky pin. I hope it's a good deal for Spooky.

#84 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

There goes my plan to own every Spooky pin. I hope it's a good deal for Spooky.

Maybe it'll be a Dominos owned by Marylin Manson pin

#85 8 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

If this is accurate, I really like the opportunity Spooky has on their hands. Hopefully there is actual thought put into the game play/modes, and this is more than just Domino's marketing pictures everywhere.
Maybe the drivers could play this while they're waiting for the next delivery run. Speaking of...I would probably go with the Domino's pizza delivery driver as the main concept. Could be similar to Taxi where you have to deliver to some famous (non-licensed) people instead of giving them a lift. You could pass other pizza chains by referring to them indirectly....Papa Tom's...Pizza Shack...etc. Then you could work your way up in terms of some kind of pizza delivery rank. Similar to badges in Galaga, but more pizza based obviously. I know the Domino's guys around here sometimes put several of those shark fin car-stick-on-toppers on the top of their vehicle so the ranks could be similar. Could even have these as the actual topper of the game.
Wizard Mode: Deliver enough pies on Super Bowl Sunday before the timer runs out to achieve Pizza King.
Or, maybe you have to progress up from Domino's spinning sign person->Store Cleaner->Delivery Runner->Pie Maker->Store Manager->Franchise Owner
Would be cool if they tied these to the internet so that all the Domino's Franchise owners can compete against each other.

In keeping with Taxi, make it a simple pin without a DMD. That would be cool. Instead of ordering delivery, I would just go to Domino's and wait for my pizza to be made.

#86 8 years ago
Quoted from Ferros:

Maybe the drivers could play this while they're waiting for the next delivery run.

Don't know too much about the business, eh?

Absolutely no driver ever wants to be in the store. At all. If you're in the store, you're doing bitch work....answering phones, cleaning the damn makeline junk (or how about those hundreds of pans for deep dish that are covered in disgusting oil, YAY!!!), scrubbing floors or walls, making pizzas (that part isn't so bad), or folding boxes (hope you like calluses on your hands). Profit margins are SH-T on pizza, especially delivered pizza, so having drivers standing around idle is a great way to go out of business or to be replaced if you're a store manager letting employees do that.

Quoted from labnip:

Okay, this is the one exception. There are sh-t houses and sh-t apartments that nobody wants to go to....but at least you're still getting paid mileage and not scrubbing pans.

1 week later
#87 8 years ago

Maybe I missed it, but didn't see anyone mention that Nate addressed this on the last Coast2Coast podcast. Of course Ben seemed to indirectly confirm it in this thread already, but Nate discussed with Charlie and this seemed to be legit. Interesting.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/episode/episode-204-hand-tossed-pinball-or-the-jack-danger-zone_63390

#88 8 years ago

I wish Tim Hortons would do this

#89 8 years ago

This is a fantastic idea.... and one that I've daydreamed of myself for several years with no way of really getting off the ground (corporate-themed pins). I think there's a terrific opportunity here. Will be watching with much interest.

#90 8 years ago

Still hoping this goes away. If not I hope it is very profitable for Spooky Pinball LLC.

#91 8 years ago

? This isn't going to be bad for them or us. This is going to be a win-win. You are actually hoping this is a huge success.

Quoted from RustyLizard:

Still hoping this goes away. If not I hope it is very profitable for Spooky Pinball LLC.

#92 8 years ago
Quoted from RustyLizard:

What's the reason someone would be against this? More pinball is good right?

#93 8 years ago

As a pinhead and a full time employee of an independent pizza shop I approve!
There should be a very boring videomode centered around multiple phone lines and horrible customers, like who dunnit but you can't hear anything over the phone.
And all walk in freezer pot smoking jokes a side,
tip your driver and pie maker well we all have glaucoma and that gets expensive.

#94 8 years ago

It would be great if they did a mode with doing NoS in the walk in cooler, like from the movie Waiting.

(Lyrics removed by mod)

#95 8 years ago

Spooky is going to undercut all the other pizza themed pinballs

#96 8 years ago

My daughter would be all in on this. She loves her job at Dominos.

#97 8 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

I think most the modes & shots should be about all the different ways the pizza maker gets his hands dirty and gets funk on the pizza dough before the pizza goes in the oven (timer).
There should be a:
1. get the location mgr fall-down drunk wizard mode,
2. hunt to hire the most stoned driver (like TAF treasure hunt),
3. Mystery topping shot bonus (extra point for finger nails & mustache hairs),
4. Keep the phone lines busy by talking to girlfriend mode,
5. Smoke in the walk-in freezer mode,
6. Act sober in front of cop making pick-up mode,
7. Find the missing hair net mode,
8. Easter egg: Donald Trump, you're fired mode
9. Avoid getting hit on by the zit covered coworker,
10. How much fatter can you get by over eating carbs mode. Try to get fatter than the doorway so fire dept has to use jaws of life to break you out of restaurant,
12. Who wants anything from Mc Donald's on my way back mode,
13. Try to explain how the floor got sticky over there, of all places mode,
14. Figure out which dipshit forgot to lock up last night mode,
15. Succeed in getting someone else to train the new employ before you strangle him (ala: TSPP Bart/Homer),
16. Find out how many of the high school girl employees the mgr is sleeping with mode.
17. Avoid getting promoted to a mgr position for a nickle raise mode,
18. Why do all my employees hate me mode,
19. How many employees still live with their mother mode,
20. Figure out how to sign your name on the job application mode,
21. Omg, I'm going to be stuck in this job for the rest of my life, realization mode,
22. Dude, where's my car mode.
Ya know... Make it based on the real world

In the thirty minute delivery mode:Multiball objective
Run the STOP signs and to hit a 72 Malibu convertible.

#98 8 years ago

If it's a Dominos Pinball then I'm certain to get heartburn when I play it.

#99 8 years ago

Dominos.jpgDominos.jpg

#100 8 years ago

I am seriously interested in this game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-themed-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.