Topic Stats

• 331 posts
  • 132 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by TigerLaw
  • Topic is favorited by 20 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 36 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

IMG_00005153_(resized).jpg
IMG_00005152_(resized).jpg
IMG_00005179_(resized).jpg
shirt_logo_large_(resized).JPG
shirt_back_(resized).JPG
shirt_front_(resized).JPG
12819200_568313170012001_2686478181465796853_o_(resized).jpg
fired_(resized).jpg
firedog_(resized).jpg
geek_squad_(resized).jpg
DXP.jpg
iq_test.jpg
dominos.png
the-noid.jpg
dominos_tracker.jpg
doas.png

This topic is closed.

There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.
#1 3 years ago

As some may know on here I own a Domino's Pizza franchise. Got an email from corporate today, Charlie Emery is doing a Domino's themed Pin.

Part of the proceeds will go to benefit a Domino's related Charity.

I'm in the first run of 50, if anyone has an Interest I can give out the lady's contact info at corporate handling pre sales.

Didn't know Charlie drove for Domino's in my home state in the 80's pretty cool to me.

Anyways big THANK YOU to Charlie for doing this and supporting a great cause!

#2 3 years ago

Woah wait what.

This is... random. What a strange way to announce this. Is this game suppose to be something the public could purchase or is it intended to be just for those who own a Domino's to have in their store?

#3 3 years ago

Can I have free pizza?

#4 3 years ago

This is interesting, you would think Spooky would be plenty busy... Any idea how many they plan to make and when is delivery, i'm assuming not 30 minutes or less

#5 3 years ago

Avoid the Noid Multiball!

#6 3 years ago

Charlie from Spooky Pinball? I bet it will be fun. Good Luck to everyone involved.

I LOVE PIZZA

#8 3 years ago

When I was in my mid 20s, I did HVAC by day and delivered pizzas for Domino's by night. I had so much fun doing the latter that the long days didn't bother me. Made a lot of money and had a lot of crazy stories.

If they did this right, they could have a real fun pin. They really need to incorporate the Noid somehow!

download.jpg

#9 3 years ago

Hope it's better than the last one.

s-l16g00.jpg

#10 3 years ago
Quoted from JosephT:

They really need to incorporate the Noid somehow!

I think they got rid of the Noid after Kenneth Noid took Domino's employees hostage and shot up the place.

Not exactly a memory Domino's want's to bring back.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

I think they got rid of the Noid after Kenneth Noid took Domino's employees hostage and shot up the place.
Not exactly a memory Domino's want's to bring back.

i dont think he killed anyone tho, bring on the Noid!

#12 3 years ago

I have many fond memories of store 4270 wished we had a better franchise owner. He got up to 5 stores and snorted ot all away.

#13 3 years ago

This is actually the most random thing.

#14 3 years ago

Wow!! From wikipedia:

"Decline of the Noid

On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[3] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[4] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot.[5]"

#15 3 years ago

What is the point of a Dominos Pin? To put in select stores, at corporate offices? This does not make a lot of sense to me.

#16 3 years ago

I think it's a great advertising gimmick. Put one in each store...set it on free play. No other pizza chain is doing it. With the resurgence on pinball lately, I think it's pretty cool.

#17 3 years ago

Besides, I'd rather see a Dominoes pin instead of a Pizza Hut one...LOL

(though I'd rather see a Danato's pin w/ the hot CEO plastered all over it).

#18 3 years ago
Quoted from nate1981s:

What is the point of a Dominos Pin? To put in select stores, at corporate offices? This does not make a lot of sense to me.

Please wait until you play it before we say if it's good or not

#19 3 years ago

If we pre order do we get it in 30 minutes or it's free?

#20 3 years ago

It makes sense, if you don't think about it.

#21 3 years ago

Umm, I would imagine it's going to be similar to what little ceaser's has (which is purely mechanical to get gumballs or rubber balls). Charlie is probably just providing artwork
pizza_pizza_pinball.jpg

#22 3 years ago

We have a charity called Partners Foundation that gives money to Domino's Pizza employees in need. Great organization...knew a guy a driver who had a stroke and the foundation covered his medical bills that his insurance didn't pay and his rent while he was out of work.

A portion of sales is going to that end.

Their have already been 50 pre orders, I know mine will go in my personal arcade at my home I think that's what most are doing.

#23 3 years ago

Is this open to the public. is there any more info? I'm assuming there is a official release or website if 50 have been order already.

#24 3 years ago

The orders are being done through,Stacey Rodriguez (734) 930-3677. She works in Legal at Domino's HQ in Ann Arbor.

I found I have is 1k deposit, cost will be 4500-5500 excluding shipping. It will be visible first at the Domino's World Wide rally (every 2 year event) in prototype form. After that 25 will ship per month until all orders are fulfilled.

#25 3 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

The orders are being done through,Stacey Rodriguez (734) 930-3677. She works in Legal at Domino's HQ in Ann Arbor.
I found I have is 1k deposit, cost will be 4500-5500 excluding shipping. It will be visible first at the Domino's World Wide rally (every 2 year event) in prototype form. After that 25 will ship per month until all orders are fulfilled.

When will orders be cut-off?

Hopefully a while after its public appearence, because I'm guessing many people here would not be into getting in on this mysterious pin sight-unseen.

#26 3 years ago

No Noid. No Dice.

#27 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Noid surrendered to the police.[3] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."

"He's paranoid".

Ba-Dum Tish! HA! Anyone else get that?

#28 3 years ago

I talked with Andy (magog) a bit about this today. I was really surprised by it as well. I read the email, and it's fairly light on information; and more on why they're doing it (the charity).

The parts I found the most telling was:

"Charlie now has a vision to use his skill to create a unique Domino’s machine. Design will begin as soon as we have finalized our minimum order size. Our goal is to secure enough advance orders (requiring a $1,000 deposit) to build a prototype that will be featured in the Partners Foundation booth at Worldwide Rally 2016 in June.

Production will begin immediately after Rally and approximately 25 machines will be built and delivered per month until the orders are completed. The final cost of the machine will be determined by the total number of orders (more orders lower the price) and the final layout of the machine, but we can safely say that they will cost between $4,500 and $5,500 plus shipping. A portion of each purchase will be donated to the Partners Foundation. Through this unique and once-in-a-lifetime process, we are hoping to raise at least $50,000 for Partners!"

Besides that, there is nothing else regarding information on the pin. I imagine, and hope, more will come soon. Hope this helps a bit!

#29 3 years ago

This doesn't make much sense.

"A portion of each purchase will be donated to the Partners Foundation. Through this unique and once-in-a-lifetime process, we are hoping to raise at least $50,000 for Partners!"

I don't know what margins are on a pinball machine, but $50,000? How many pins would that take subtracting out costs? 35,000?

Weird joke or weird math/plan.

#30 3 years ago

There's nothing on what the pin will actually be or contain at this point, so it's entirely possible to raise $50k by donating a portion of the sales given it's planned that way going into design of the machine. I'm also guessing there will be more than $1.43 margin per pin; so 35,000 don't need to sell to raise $50k.

#31 3 years ago
Quoted from roffels:

Weird joke or weird math/plan.

Since we're talking about math as well, the email went out on the 4th for this pin. The 50 pre-orders are already gone. Lets say they plan to donate $100 from each pin. That means, give the 2 days it took to pre-sell 50; which raises $5k; to reach $50k, that'd take another 18 days to sell the rest. So, we're talking by the end of November, assuming they donate $100 from each pin; they'll reach $50k. That doesn't seem to be "weird math/plan".

#32 3 years ago

Where are your Dominos located Magog?

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from animesuperj:

There's nothing on what the pin will actually be or contain at this point, so it's entirely possible to raise $50k by donating a portion of the sales given it's planned that way going into design of the machine. I'm also guessing there will be more than $1.43 margin per pin; so 35,000 don't need to sell to raise $50k.

Apparently I needed to check my math. Ha!

#34 3 years ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

Where are your Dominos located Magog?

1 store SE Wisconsin

#35 3 years ago

Buffalo Chicken pizza is the best!

#36 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Buffalo Chicken pizza is the best!

The local place here has the best and only Buffalo Chicken pizza I've ever tasted.

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

The local place here has the best and only Buffalo Chicken pizza I've ever tasted.

Andrew has the best sauce in town, did that come out right?

Edit-----On another note, there is a place called The Smoke Pit near my house, has smoked pizzas. Fucking AWESOME!!!!!

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from jonnyo:

Wow!! From wikipedia:
"Decline of the Noid
On January 30, 1989, Kenneth Lamar Noid, a mentally ill customer who thought the ads were a personal attack on him, held two employees of an Atlanta Domino's restaurant hostage for over five hours. After forcing them to make him a pizza and making demands for $100,000, getaway transportation, and a copy of The Widow's Son, Noid surrendered to the police.[3] After the incident ended, Police Chief Reed Miller offered a memorable assessment to reporters: "He's paranoid."[4] Noid was charged with kidnapping, aggravated assault, extortion, and possession of a firearm during a crime. He was found not guilty by reason of insanity. Noid spent three months in a mental institution, and eventually committed suicide in 1995. This incident caused Domino's Pizza to discontinue advertising using the Noid as their mascot.[5]"

What is the Widow's Son?

#39 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Andrew has the best sauce in town, did that come out right?

Does Domino's use tomato sauce in their Buffalo Chicken Pizza? The local place here uses Ranch instead of pizza sauce. It's delicious.

#40 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Does Domino's use tomato sauce in their Buffalo Chicken Pizza? The local place here uses Ranch instead of pizza sauce. It's delicious.

I cant remember, Andrew can chime in on that. But it was so good when I was at his party this last summer.

The Smoked Chicken BBQ pizzas we get from Smoke Pit use bbq sauce as sauce, they actually let you slap it together however you want of course....

#41 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I cant remember, Andrew can chime in on that. But it was so good when I was at his party this last summer.
The Smoked Chicken BBQ pizzas we get from Smoke Pit use bbq sauce as sauce, they actually let you slap it together however you want of course....

That's cool. I had never had ranch on pizza before this place started selling it. They now sell a Ham and Cheddar, Chicken Bacon Ranch, and Buffalo all with ranch instead of pizza sauce. They also have a BBQ Chicken.

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

That's cool. I had never had ranch on pizza before this place started selling it. They now sell a Ham and Cheddar, Chicken Bacon Ranch, and Buffalo all with ranch instead of pizza sauce. They also have a BBQ Chicken.

Dammit, I want a pizza now.......Ill often drizzle some ranch on top of pizza, but have not cooked one with it already on.

#43 3 years ago
Quoted from Magog:

Is the TSM leasing or equipmentnumber still 1800 Before U Deal?

#44 3 years ago

Also is the Pepperoni Press still being printed? Used to enjoy looking at stores for sale with address counts. I miss the Auto Cheeser

#45 3 years ago

Oh, this was the smoked Carnivore pizza I had last week.......

11846532_415971015272229_3955367772503580281_n.jpg

#46 3 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Dammit, I want a pizza now.......Ill often drizzle some ranch on top of pizza, but have not cooked one with it already on.

I wanted a pizza tonight but their phone was busy.

#47 3 years ago

Well hells bells, now I want pizza.
Off to the freezer where I always keep a couple of frozen ones.

Yes, it's not as good as a real pizza.

As Sofia Loren once said.

"Sex is alot like pizza. Even when it's bad, it's still pretty good."

#48 3 years ago

I'd be interested in the extra cheesy LE version. "I love dat cheese", say rats everywhere. "Well I love pinball", say every pinhead ever born. "More cheese" .... "More pinball". .... big pile of dust and poof - Dominos Pinball!!!

#49 3 years ago

Edited. Spooky is taking care of everyone, RZ customers and Dominos customers. More pins, more sales, all good.

#50 3 years ago

My understanding is this pin is a promotional item.

Franchisees can choose to order one for the waiting room of their locations. Customers can play it, and achieving an objective scores a coupon for next visit.

Seems like a great opportunity for Spooky, and who knows what it could lead to?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Orchard Park, NY
$ 134.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 107.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
San Mateo, CA
$ 18.99
Playfield - Protection
PinShield
$ 34.99
Cleaner
Pinball Pro
$ 369.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 234.99
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 69.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinbotz
$ 249.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Tilttopper
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Parts and Equip
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
$ 7,500.00
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinBoss Mods
$ 999.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
There are 331 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 7.

This topic is closed.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside