(Topic ID: 145821)

Domino's Pizza Pinball Art Contest - Win Prizes!

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA_Pinball_Johns.png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pizzeria_Testa.png
Pizza_Layout.png
CABINET_ART_MASTER_TEMPLATE.pdf (PDF preview)
playfield_doodle.jpg
download.jpg
253_web.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
use_your_hand_like_this_chuck.jpg
image.jpg
MyWorkIsWorthMoreThanPizza.gif
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sly_Old_Devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#72 8 years ago

It's a brave new world and it is called crowd sourcing and it's coming to a profession near you soon (if it hasn't already), the good people embrace the challenge, adapt and even use it to their own advantage. It is an important and valid sourcing strategy for any and every business IMHO.

Having said that this particular instance comes across as a little comp for a novelty item to me, treat it like a novelty and enter or don't enter, the power is with you and don't forget to add your age to the entry

I work in the technology industry as a CDO so don't talk to me about change! Oh wait...I mean yes; please do talk to me about change.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I'm not trying to be one of those annoying dudes who beats a point into the ground until it bleeds, honest.
But I think the "let it go" people don't understand how this is a real issue for me. Is one instance a big deal? No, not really. It's death by 1000 papercuts, and everyone in my industry is familiar with it.
And when it shows up in my backyard, in a way that's pretty damn close to home, I feel like I don't have to just let it go.
I wish Charlie had a better response, but he's got other concerns. I'm not going to threaten to not buy RZ or something silly like that, I can't wait to see it. And I've been publicly supportive of this Domino's idea. It's a good deal for Spooky I think, and ultimately good for everyone who wants to buy their games.
Maybe I shouldn't expect too much class from a Domino's pizza pin, but if it's going to be a community thing, why not do it right?

I think everyone that works for a living (jumped through hoops to become SMEs etc) gets what you (and the other creatives) are saying, it is just that this is happening to everyone and in every industry, we just aren't going on and on about it, turning a simple "send your pics in for a pizza" thread (if you want to) into a thread all about us. This is a part of adult/working life these days, adopt and rise to the challenge (which I would argue you personally have).

Ironically (in a crowd sourcing way), during your early days as a pinball designer, you were happy to give free design advice to JJP for the Hobbit playfield (raising your brand) but are unhappy if Domino ask for it with a smashing pizza prize as reward for any effort. Up and coming designers would/should jump at the chance to add a coup like this to their portfolios (brand) and that is the real threat, which we all have, new young talent willing to work for much less than us family guys charge, simple supply and demand. Quality, just like cream, always rises to the top.

If I had a $ for every time someone said "how much - how hard is it to plug in a server?" I'd be a gigillionaire.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

How is the pizza free if you gotta submit art and be in top 3. I assume time/talent has no value.

Give me $100 and I'll tell you the answer for nothing

Have you ever responded to a tender (RFI/RFP/Bid) for business, sunk costs a-plenty for whatever risk/reward?

If I was "creative" and I wanted to respond to this, I would submit a partial design, just enough to say "Yeah you like that, want the whole sh*t show..let's talk and eat at the same time!", but that's just me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Washington, KY
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Tools
Pincoder Store

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sly_Old_Devil.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-pinball-art-contest-win-prizes?tu=Sly_Old_Devil and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.