(Topic ID: 145821)

Domino's Pizza Pinball Art Contest - Win Prizes!

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 306 posts
  • 99 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by PoMC
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA_Pinball_Johns.png
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Pizzeria_Testa.png
Pizza_Layout.png
CABINET_ART_MASTER_TEMPLATE.pdf (PDF preview)
playfield_doodle.jpg
download.jpg
253_web.png
image.jpg
image.jpg
use_your_hand_like_this_chuck.jpg
image.jpg
MyWorkIsWorthMoreThanPizza.gif
image.jpg
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.
#201 8 years ago

...speaking as an arty guy - pizza pretty much sustained me thru college - so I could see this as giving back?

<Insert joke about familiarity with working on pinball for free here>

Side note - bad stuff happening in the world this week - pizza art contest not so bad in the context of things?

...back to work...

#202 8 years ago

MyWorkIsWorthMoreThanPizza.gifMyWorkIsWorthMoreThanPizza.gif

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Done. Honestly don't understand what all the fuss is about. Took me about 2 minutes. Now, where's my pizza??
478761.jpg

This is the best thing I've seen on Pinside this year.

#204 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Then again I kind of work in an artistic field, even though I'm a scientist.
Well anyway, I'd fill everyone in on all book learnin' I did and how much this PC cost I'm typing on, but that's tragically boring.

That wasn't the point, I was explaining that there's earned investment in making a career as an artist equal to anyone who does the same. Most people don't understand that. Maybe you do and just don't care. As scientist, I doubt you've ever had anyone compare your career to a hobby, or say 'oh yeah, i'm a scientist too, I like to mix cocktails' Nobody questions your education or expertise and you would be upset if you devoted your scientific rigor on the study of some owl, and a 'birder' claimed equality and said it must be nice to sit and watch birds all day. Sure it would be, but what the two do is very different.

Either way, if you want to think artists or anyone doesn't deserve to be offended, when they are and for good reason in their eyes, then your lack of empathy or careful consideration is unfortunate. People here are expressing a sincere concern and yet you mock it.

#205 8 years ago

Domino's earned $46,300,000 USD in Q1 2015.
Let's say that every quarter is the same & there's no annual growth.
That's $46,300,000 * 4 = $185,200,000 USD. And we can expect it to be higher than that.

there's plenty of $ to put to use.

image.jpgimage.jpg

#206 8 years ago
Quoted from Spencer:

LOL, whatever. "Starving artist" didn't come from thin air. I need tools to do my job too, so do 99% of everyone else and Id argue mine are more expensive. You picked your job, now im supposed to feel sorry for you? Wakeup, it isn't Dominos offering a contest, its you complaining the world is hard on you. Its a FREE CONTEST, it has nothing to do RAM and Hard drive issues, give me a break.

Would you do 5k in work for your job for 200 pizza bucks?

#207 8 years ago

I'll wade back in to provide a couple of pieces of information to address some specific points:

1. This was a Domino's idea (really mine) so don't blame Charlie. He has been an incredible partner during this process and does not deserve any of the criticism for this contest.

2. The inclusion in the rules that Illustrator files were preferred was included by one of our other lawyers putting the rules together as we discussed it. Neither one of us has any idea of the cost or difficulty of the program but I had heard the term discussed by Charlie and our inhouse folks so we included it as the "preferred" method. That being said, there is no requirement of that file or really art of any kind. Submit any idea was made clear in my follow up post.

3. Domino's Pizza, Inc. is making no profit off of this project and will likely lose a lot of money with all the expenses (travel, meals, etc.) that will be incurred but not passed through to the end consumer. The additional money that we charge the end user above Spooky's cost to make the game will ALL be donated to the Domino's Pizza Partners Foundation.

4. I have no real budget for this game and therefore any external consultants or artists or designers would reduce the donation to the foundation. There are two folks running the project at Domino's, myself and a fellow pinhead who works in finance.

5. The devaluation of art has been a hot topic and one that I did not anticipate when we came up with the contest. The artists seem genuinely upset, which is unfortunate because pinball is supposed to be fun and this project was supposed to fun, great for Spooky and our system. The art contest was just another attempt to make it fun by allowing participation of the community. That being said, I think that this type of outsourcing or competitive price pressure happens in many professions. Do I get mad when my project partner in finance used Legal Zoom for $39 for his Last Will and Testament like he told me two days ago? Did I get made when Charlie didn't use a lawyer to review my contract because he said he was adept enough at reading contracts to identify any issues (Sorry Charlie if that is sharing too much information!!)? No to both and every other action that potentially reduces the value of private practice lawyers everywhere. Accountants get outsourced to India, engineers get outsourced to Brazil, etc. This isn't even that all, we just thought that some of the folks with some cool pinball/pizza ideas would like to submit their drawings/sketches/ideas and potentially get some free pizza. However, to anyone who felt devalued, that was not the intention and I think that the work that Aurich and the Stern Folks and Zombie Yeti and our internal art folks do is incredibly hard and I couldn't do it in a million years.

6. Someone suggested just asking for ideas to be submitted without a contest. This is a risky proposition and the reason why Domino's doesn't accept any unsolicited ideas in marketing or product development. Copyright claims and demands for payment/royalties are too much of a risk not to have a formal submission process with legal protections.

7. I have already seen two Pinside ideas that were different than any of the art ideas we generated internally. One was a sketch and one was a written description. Just goes to show me that this was a good idea, no matter how much backlash it generates. If it makes the game even 2% better and some folks get some free pizza, I'll be thrilled.

8. I'm off to play some AMH with a couple buddies and then we'll head to Pinball Pete's to have some fun. TheLaw, first game is on me if you make it down there. I'll be wearing a Buffalo Sabres hat and should be there around 10:30 or a bit after.

9. If anyone has more specific questions or wants to discuss this offline over the weekend when I'm generally off of Pinside, my email is [email protected]

Thanks

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

Would you do 5k in work for your job for 200 pizza bucks?

Nope, never said I would, in fact I actually said Id find another job..... Nor did I say you or anyone else should. Come to grips with the fact its a stupid contest, plain and simple.

95% of artists do better "tagging" train cars then complaining about how bad off they are. Blame everyone but yourself, clearly its our fault.

#209 8 years ago

If we make a submission, are we allowed to post a copy here or no?

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Domino's Pizza Partners Foundation

Thanks for the explanation, both the Spooky announcement and the contest announcement did not mention a charity organization. It seemed to be a machine that was planned to be a reward to some franchisees. Maybe you can clarify how the charity benefits? Donating time and effort to charity is considerably different.

For others here is info I found about the org noted:

Partners Foundation

See how the DFA supported the Partners Foundation at WWR 2012

Organization Overview

The Domino’s Pizza Partners Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization affiliated with and supported by Domino’s Pizza and its team members. The Foundation was established in 1986, with the intent of helping team members in times of hardship and adversity. Assistance is provided in the form of financial help following on-the-job accidents, fire or natural disasters, medical emergencies or the death of an immediate family member. Click here to see a list of Board of Trustees.

Quick Facts

Partners’ receives at least one request for help every 90 minutes of the work week.
In 2011, Partners received 1,500+ requests for assistance and, in-turn, provided over $850,000 in financial assistance.
Since its inception, the Foundation has provided just under $12 million dollars in financial support.
Partners’ provides assistance to team members worldwide; most recently in Australia, United Kingdom, and Turkey.
The Foundation is funded by donations from Domino’s team members via the payroll-deduction program, as well as through special events. As little as $1.00 a week from team members will make a significant difference in Partners’ ability to provide help.
All requests for assistance are confidential.
Medical and illness related issues (52% of total cases) are the main reasons team members ask for help; death and funerals (15%) are the second highest requests for financial aid.
For serious situations, such as fires or unforeseen deaths, monetary support can be expedited to the team member within 24 hours of the completion of case paperwork.
Team members applying for help must meet assistance criteria and provide adequate, faxed back-up documentation validating their current situation.
Partners Foundation is not able to assist with car repairs or maintenance issues (brakes, transmissions, new tires, etc).
Program participation is voluntary and Team Members do not have to contribute to receive help.
Partners is not an insurance or benefits program; assistance is a gift, is not guaranteed, and decisions are made based on various criteria. (Partners does not provide loans).
Team members needing help can contact Partners at 1-800-284-0911 or email [email protected].

Partners Payroll-Deduction Program

Every Domino’s team member can contribute to the Partners Foundation. To participate in the payroll-deduction program, a form is completed that allows you to choose your individual donation level. You can choose any amount, and the chosen amount is automatically deducted each pay period.

Your donation will provide critical financial assistance to Domino’s team members in need. Donations to the Domino’s Pizza Partners Foundation are tax-deductible. Program participation is voluntary and is not considered insurance, a benefit plan, or a loan; assistance is not guaranteed and decisions are made based on various criteria.

How to Apply for Assistance

Any Domino’s team member is eligible to apply for assistance, and you do not have to contribute to the Partners Foundation to be eligible to receive assistance.

The types of incidents that might qualify for assistance include on and off the job injury and accident, illness, death, natural disasters (fire, flood, earthquake, etc.), assault or robbery. Assistance may be given in situations involving either a team member and/or members of their family.

#211 8 years ago

I thought this was a joke. Guess not. Define the word arrogant.

#212 8 years ago

I dont know what illistrator is. This is the best I can do for the backglass. Sorry for my art skills.

The rest will come later.

use your hand like this chuck.jpguse your hand like this chuck.jpg

#213 8 years ago

I have lost count of the amount of free artwork I have created for Spooky Pinball (even before they were making machines), and many other people, companies, pod-casters, arcades, and events in the pinball community. Some of it even led to inquiries for more work....that I did for free, or a donation to charity! I love art, and I have a degree in advertising/design, but left that field years ago.........Working in a commercial environment made me start hating the art I was creating. When it became all about the money it was time to get out.

This is just a freakin art contest, for a pinball company that we all want to see succeed........Why does every thread have to turn into an assanine argument?

I think I will take $200 and throw a pizza party in my arcade for the foster kids in our community.

#214 8 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

ALL be donated to the Domino's Pizza Partners Foundation.

End of discussion.

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

2. The inclusion in the rules that Illustrator files were preferred was included by one of our other lawyers putting the rules together as we discussed it. Neither one of us has any idea of the cost or difficulty of the program but I had heard the term discussed by Charlie and our inhouse folks so we included it as the "preferred" method. That being said, there is no requirement of that file or really art of any kind. Submit any idea was made clear in my follow up post
6. Someone suggested just asking for ideas to be submitted without a contest. This is a risky proposition and the reason why Domino's doesn't accept any unsolicited ideas in marketing or product development. Copyright claims and demands for payment/royalties are too much of a risk not to have a formal submission process with legal protections.
7. I have already seen two Pinside ideas that were different than any of the art ideas we generated internally. One was a sketch and one was a written description. Just goes to show me that this was a good idea, no matter how much backlash it generates. If it makes the game even 2% better and some folks get some free pizza, I'll be thrilled.

My complaint is gone with this clarification. It's clear that the intent wasn't to solicit professionally created art by suggesting Illustrator and that there wasn't really any intent at all behind that. The whole content rights ownership of contest entries is CYA stuff that can't be done in a "What ideas do you have?" type thread. The contest wording doesn't communicate the "we want ideas that might add 2% to the game" idea so much as "we want a literal art package for this game" which is what upset me.

My pitchfork is down for this anyway. I'm curious what the artists think.

#216 8 years ago

I'd just like to say how much I admire anyone who had the courage to choose a career in art, music, film or writing. I decided to be a software engineer, giving up a childhood dream of studying classical guitar. And for the last 21 years, I've been involved with software projects where video is the ultimate product - as our customers say, "Content is King". And what Content would we have if not for the Creative folks? No Movies or SciFi or SFX or concerts - just News, Weather and Sports. The world we live in is a lot like pinball - it takes Technology and Art working together to make life better for everyone. So thanks for taking the hard path, Creative guys and girls.

#217 8 years ago

The insult was $200 in pizza as the top prize!

#218 8 years ago

Next question....when I win, will the gift cards be valid in Australia?

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Charlie, you better sort out what's going on with this shit, I'm insulted.

Would Andrew appreciate you barking orders at the owner of another pinball co.? Seems kind of loose cannon-ish!

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from zombieyeti:

...speaking as an arty guy - pizza pretty much sustained me thru college - so I could see this as giving back?
<Insert joke about familiarity with working on pinball for free here>
Side note - bad stuff happening in the world this week - pizza art contest not so bad in the context of things?
...back to work...

Now see...Here is a guy with the right attitude in life!

#221 8 years ago

Not sure why I'm jumped onto this thread. I think it's because I saw the word pizza! I don't know anything about artwork but the first thing I would do in a project like this, if I was in charge in Dominos would be to try and get this project done as cheap as possible. What better way than to give away some crappy gift cards and call it a contest and than make you sign a waiver. It's already been stated that this whole project is a loss leader in terms of cost to Dominos and they will not be passing it on to the consumer. ( yeah right. It's a business. Everything is paid by the consumer.) I'm sure if Dominos could get free engineer/software design work by giving away free gift cards they would do that too. Better yet, how about free pinball machines from Spooky for some lame pizza! It sucks for guys lie Aurich, but it's business I guess. Sorry but I couldn't help myself and stir the pot! Sorry!

#222 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#223 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#224 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

My complaint is gone with this clarification.

Yes, I'm totally satisfied with this explanation and I apologize for bringing out the pitchforks. Hopefully you can understand the initial reaction - the boilerplate legalese set off the "design contest detector".

Hopefully this won't derail the contest and people will submit some ideas to help you out. How open to suggestions is it? Can people suggest game features as well, or just artwork?

#225 8 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

I wonder though how you'd feel if you shared your block with retail businesses that sold the same products as you, but that decided that in order to "get exposure" that they'd start selling everything below cost. Just take a loss for a while, see if it leads to more customers.

I couldn't agree more! Shoot them f*ckers in the face!!!

Quoted from Aurich:

and I've done art for free too. I don't expect or need to be paid for everything,

Ummm... errrr...

Sh*t...

#226 8 years ago

Adam - ignore the typical pinside drama. It's a cool project and rare to see a company do something creative like this without trying to make a buck. I guess it's marketing but imagine there would be more cost effecting ways to sell pizza.

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I dont know what illistrator is. This is the best I can do for the backglass. Sorry for my art skills.
The rest will come later.
use your hand like this chuck.jpg

LOL Ben Heck jerking off the Noid, I did not expect to see that this morning hahahahahha

#228 8 years ago

I wonder what the cost to dominos is for $200 in pizza gift cards? (My guess is less than $50)

I don't want to harp on the contest; I think it's a good idea and cool that their interested in the fans ideas. I just think that if the prizes were $1000, $500 and $250 in gift cards there would be more serious enteries.

I'm not a graphic designer, but for these prizes I'm not even interested in trying. Not worth my time, I'd rather just comment about it on a forum. Lol.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I don't want to harp on the contest; I think it's a good idea and cool that their interested in the fans ideas. I just think that if the prizes were $1000, $500 and $250 in gift cards there would be more serious enteries.

Other Dominos contests give you a whole year of free pizza

253_web.png253_web.png

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Yes, but that's a corporate nationwide contest, this is a very small niche contest. It's really sounding like a franchise owner approached Charlie on his own, perhaps even putting up down payment money to get this project rolling (and obtaining some donated gift cards from corporate to help it along, same way clay asked for donated cards for his tournament from dominos).

#231 8 years ago

Ok this will piss off all the graphic artists designers etc but this is what I think.

Anyone can come with a design, it may not be polished but as a concept anyone can do it. This comp was for pinball ideas not final sign off worthy art designs.

On the other hand how many people would be able to machine a rough piece of lumber into a finished profiled section by using a spindle moulder, jointer etc, without any training? Im guessing not that many or how about cutting sheets of laminated glass?

Put it this way any plumber can come up with a pinball design, it way be crappy but no one gets hurt and there is no damage. How many pinball designers/graphic artists can safely hook up a gas hot water system, or even a gas cook top without any damage/risk ?

#232 8 years ago

I suck at art, but I've done a lot of the plumbing and electrical work in my house. Anyone can read a code book and follow it.

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

LOL Ben Heck jerking off the Noid, I did not expect to see that this morning hahahahahha

I am surprised nobody else got a chuckle from it. Just a joke people

In my design there will be a call out where Ben (in his best Jpop voice impression) has a call out when you whif a shot that says "you should try cradling the balls before you slap it next time"

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I suck at art, but I've done a lot of the plumbing and electrical work in my house. Anyone can read a code book and follow it.

Man this is how shit goes real wrong real fast...... Anyone smell burning?

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Anyone can come with a design, it may not be polished but as a concept anyone can do it.

This is actually false. People THINK they can come up with a design, but what they come up with is generally quite bad and doesn't work. It's this perception that artists fight against all the time - "Hey, why should I pay you, you're just doing a drawing." They think that it's just moving a pen around a page. It's not, there are rules and good art follows it.

I wonder where this disconnect between physical and creative jobs come from - I'll tell you right now, doing a good design is considerably harder than doing plumbing or electrical, which involve zero creative thinking, yet those are more valued. But design is everywhere around us and defines our world.

#236 8 years ago

ITT: Aurich gets butthurt.

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

This is actually false. People THINK they can come up with a design, but what they come up with is generally quite bad and doesn't work. It's this perception that artists fight against all the time - "Hey, why should I pay you, you're just doing a drawing." They think that it's just moving a pen around a page. It's not, there are rules and good art follows it.
I wonder where this disconnect between physical and creative jobs come from - I'll tell you right now, doing a good design is considerably harder than doing plumbing or electrical, which involve zero creative thinking, yet those are more valued. But design is everywhere around us and defines our world.

You know what else is clear that "designers" have? Modesty, lots and lots of modesty.

BTW, a goat head on a green background. Clearly the unwashed masses could never knock one out of the park like that. Bravo my good sir, bravo.

#238 8 years ago

Did futurepinhead win yet?

#239 8 years ago

Fantasygoat I said concept, not finished artwork which of course has talent to pull off.

However I think it maybe harder to construct a building, work out how to fit all the services in it make sure everything lines up, comply with all relevant codes, ensure trades come on time organise payments, materials etc etc

THAN drawing a logo....

#240 8 years ago

I can do ALL of your jobs at least 30% as well as you can.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from PinPatch:

Ok this will piss off all the graphic artists designers etc but this is what I think.

Anyone can come with a design, it may not be polished but as a concept anyone can do it. This comp was for pinball ideas not final sign off worthy art designs.

On the other hand how many people would be able to machine a rough piece of lumber into a finished profiled section by using a spindle moulder, jointer etc, without any training? Im guessing not that many or how about cutting sheets of laminated glass?

Put it this way any plumber can come up with a pinball design, it way be crappy but no one gets hurt and there is no damage. How many pinball designers/graphic artists can safely hook up a gas hot water system, or even a gas cook top without any damage/risk ?

More than you imagine, I learned to weld, chase bronze, and set and built my own small foundry from a 50 gal drum. Art isn't all drawing. My father made stained glass window's for a living, so was lucky to learn that too. Sadly I'm the last gen to have had shop class in my small school, its a shame that all of those machines were moved out and probably left outside to rot for a bunch of cut rate imacs.

Many artists are skill collectors, Adam Savage from Mythbuster's is an artist, as was his father. I'm not trying to argue, just noting that there's a misconception. Ask me if I'm a good welder....lol. that's another story, well... but it won't keep me from trying to keep learning. Road and track did a short article about Gas stick welding that makes me want to try again.

My next skill is learning to repair the boards on my non-working Jokerz, then on to making my own machine. Fantasy goat is right, most artists can and have a number of skills, plumbing construction, woodworking, making is making.

However I have immense respect for people who dedicate themselves to any profession and practice their skills to be more than I will ever be in a single particular area and equally envious of those who have skills I can't master or can't learn myself. I also try not to insult others or mock their professions or opinions.

#242 8 years ago
Quoted from VacFink:

More than you imagine, I learned to weld, chase bronze, and set and built my own small foundry from a 50 gal drum. Art isn't all drawing. My father made stained glass window's for a living, so was lucky to learn that too. Sadly I'm the last gen to have had shop class in my small school, its a shame that all of those machines were moved out and probably left outside to rot for a bunch of cut rate imacs.
Many artists are skill collectors, Adam Savage from Mythbuster's is an artist, as was his father. I'm not trying to argue, just noting that there's a misconception. Ask me if I'm a good welder....lol. that's another story, well... but it won't keep me from trying to keep learning. Road and track did a short article about Gas stick welding that makes me want to try again.
My next skill is learning to repair the boards on my non-working Jokerz, then on to making my own machine. Fantasy goat is right, most artists can and have a number of skills, plumbing construction, woodworking, making is making.
However I have immense respect for people who dedicate themselves to any profession and practice their skills to be more than I will ever be in a single particular area and equally envious of those who have skills I can't master or can't learn myself. I also try not to insult others or mock their professions or opinions.

Well put.

#243 8 years ago
Quoted from woody24:

This is a Multi-million dollar company. There's no other profession out there that they would run this kind of contest with. Think they'd ask architects to design them a new building for $200 in gift cards?

Okay, I had decided not to post anything, but then I saw this.

This is absolutely not true. There are several professions that they'd run this kind of contest with, and mine is one of the big ones... Music. Holy crap, do you know how many companies run "CREATE OUR NEW JINGLE/THEME SONG/YADA YADA YADA FOR US!!!" contests everyday?? You know what I do when I see those? I think to myself, "Awesome, some kid (or adult) is gonna get a chance to get their music noticed in this overcrowded industry full of people TRYING TO GET NOTICED."

To all of you designers getting upset, I'm sorry, but Dominos doesn't hate you. Neither do I. But you may need to see if you hate yourselves, bc you're all getting way too worked up over this. This thread went from an honest contest opportunity to a whinefest, and that's lame. Good lord, it's even got ME whining about YOU whining.

And really, I'm not even trying to just pick on you woody24, it's just your post is the one that hit the biggest nerve. While we're at it, I'd like to point out other professions that have contests like this, to prove its not just the graphic designers (and heck, not just the music industry either)... Interior Design, Cosmetology, Authors/Poets, Journalism, Photography, the list could go on and on. Again, Dominos doesn't hate you, graphic design friends, please calm down.

#244 8 years ago

If all of you artists out there feel devalued for an optional contest try being a teacher in 2015. After spending four years in college to earn a degree just to have a chance at getting a license to teach my state decided that was no longer necessary. Instead I could get a degree in anything, yep literally anything, take a simple 2 hour test and congrats with a passing score I'm now a licensed teacher. Upon showing up for work I'm reminded daily that high school can just be done online. The personal attention and care and love I provide for students has no value. The fact that I had a student with a troubled family life move in and live with me for over a year so he could go to college has no value. Oh and I couldn't dream of making hourly what some designers do. I could rant more but I won't. Remember this was completely an optional contest. Nothing more nothing less. Pinball is growing and maybe it's not in a traditional way. Maybe that's not a terrible thing. I hope someone wins who has a cool idea and enjoys pizza as much as I do. Good luck to all entrants and to all artists whose time is too valuable for the contest quit spending so much time posting here you all have much better things to do than to be bothered with fun completely optional things.

#245 8 years ago

I think it is refreshing that a company is open to suggestions and not being so limited and fixated on what they think the art should be. It isn't going to hurt anyone and in the end a bit of fun. I also get that a big company won't just take ideas freely as then there are all sorts of ownership of ideas etc. Put in a basic comp and the ideas become the companies concepts. That said still think it is cool to share ideas and then their is a better chance for a pin to have design features that you will like rather than boring, repeated ideas.

I am curious Adam if a layout has already been designed as well as mech ideas and rules. I think art needs to blend in to what you are trying to achieve in the way of mechs and rules.

I think triangular inserts with pizza slice art would be cool, as well as a subway scoop that opens and closes like a domino's pizza box when a pizza is ready to deliver / pickup.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

a subway scoop that opens and closes like a domino's pizza box when a pizza is ready to deliver / pickup.

If this doesn't get into the game, there is no justice. Great suggestion, you should enter. Maybe a pick-up and a delivery ramps to make it a combo shot. Add pop bumpers in the same pattern as the dominos logo and your nearly there.

I wonder if we can get the next ten posts to just be suggestions like this...

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

The asterisk says the free year of pizza is provided in the form of $500 in domino's gift cards.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I think triangular inserts with pizza slice art would be cool, as well as a subway scoop that opens and closes like a domino's pizza box when a pizza is ready to deliver / pickup.

You have to enter that.

#249 8 years ago

I sent Adam a few suggestions, might as well place here just for fun

- could have rectangular targets say on the LHS for making up pizzas (sauce, meat, cheese, veggies), and then you have to shoot a ramp from left to right through the oven toy to then activate the delivery or pickup.
- maybe another ramp to a vertical dropping ball lock with a small radius at the bottom so not denting the playfield that the balls can be released - this could be pizzas that are collecting for delivery and creates a panic multi ball - when released a gate release the ball but the same mech lifts a gate for the balls to slide out to say the left flipper like the Metallica mid left lane to the left flipper
- could have 2 targets in the centre as pickup or delivery (could be linked to the vertical dropping left lane)
- or have a flat spinner (with art like a pizza) and a few posts so the more times it is spun is the tally of pizzas made in a night for a record of people initials on the dmd
- in Australia we have Domino’s as well and they just introduced the GPS tracking for delivered pizzas so maybe a rule of once your pizza is made you have a timer to deliver the pizza in a time limit. You could have flashing arrows (pizza slices) for the driver (the player and the ball) to follow to complete the drive in a time frame.
- definitely need a phone to hit to take calls, and if don't hit say in 10 seconds you lose a customer - so a loser record on the dmd for a bit of negative record fun
- have a semi fan layout with 4 lanes with 2 inserts for each path for customers to deliver to like a Taxi concept.

#250 8 years ago

download.jpgdownload.jpg

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 29.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mount Washington, KY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bartlett, IL
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 22.50
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

2,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alameda, CA
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 306 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 7.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pizza-pinball-art-contest-win-prizes/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.