(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #533 Game Rules Updated Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #535 A list of minor updates. Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #646 Cite from spooky on production run size Posted by SpookyKT (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago

Translite looks pretty good. Who are the guys on the sign and what are they doing?

2 weeks later
#90 8 years ago

First time I've seen the cabinet artwork. Very cool to see the whole machine together. Looks Great. Who's designing this one? Same team behind AMH?

I would love to see these in stores.

2 months later
#299 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thank you to everyone with the positive comments. Working with Adam, Charlie (and his whole team) and Blake has been a great experience. Everyone has really put a lot of time into this project and I'm amazed at what we were all able to bring together so quickly.
As for the man-boobs, should we get him a "bro" or a "manssiere?" Kidding aside, for those of you who don't work out, he technically has pectoral muscles as we were going for a strong, muscular superhero type Domino's delivery guy who (is a cartoon BTW) wasn't supposed to necessarily look like a normal person... Obviously some people think they may have been over done, but that's why we call it ART and not photoshopped pics.

I like the art, especially how the inserts are integrated into it. Is there a lot of back and forth between you and the designers to get the art and inserts to line up?

#306 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Not too much back and forth. Adam had a really good idea ahead of time on what inserts he wanted where. Charlie roughed them in on his layout/database. I brought them in and changed a few around based on the final art concept and then kicked the changes back over to Charlie. There may have been one more iteration based on some of the mechs that were underneath but it was minor. We may have one more iteration left after the prototype as well. Always helps having previous experience with the work I did on WOOLY and LL-EFE for the P3.

Interesting. Thanks.

#331 7 years ago
Quoted from jayvo86:

Didn't Pizza Hut have pins for a while or was it just video arcade games?

Pizza Hut definitely had vids, Iron Man Stewart and Afterburner were some memorable ones near me but I don't ever remember a pin.

#345 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Unfortunately no video stream. The Logitech webcam just isn't working as it should so we ended up using my iphone to project onto the TV which did not allow easy recording. I will try my best to get some awful handheld iphone video of it in action tomorrow but this may have to wait until Charlie and KT get back to Benton.
Great day for the game at Rally though, tons of plays and we sold a bunch more machines to our franchisees and a couple executives. Patrick Doyle, CEO of the company, stopped by and played multiple games and ended up buying two machines, one for his house and one to donate to St. Jude Hospital. He's the guy in the maroon golf shirt who is discussing the rules with Charlie in one of the pics.
High score by anyone but Charlie or me went to a 9 or 10 year old French kid who was a good player. There was a bit of a language barrier between us but I believe his dad thought he would win the prototype machine by his son getting the high score. Funny stuff.
Pictures included.

I mostly want to hear the game myself. I hope the music and callouts are good.

#361 7 years ago

I couldn't hear the music very well but it seemed very muzak-like. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'd have to hear it more.

1 month later
#417 7 years ago

That car's about to hit the Spooky ghost but it's like, "Pfft, whatevs."

#421 7 years ago

The game looked great on stream. The only suggestion I would make is the standard font of the score and info that scrolls across the screen is pretty weak and out of place. I know it's the same font on other Spooky games but it still looks off. Maybe someday they can improve it for future games.

#425 7 years ago

I watched the beginning of the Dead Flip stream and that left kickout was brutal. Very rarely it would shoot it at the right flipper but most times it was straight down the middle. It might be something owners have to adjust rather than Spooky. Maybe strength of the kickout is the problem.

#431 7 years ago

Just watched the Bro stream and it seemed the lady (sorry, I can't remember names very well) had figured out that left scoop. She would hold the left flipper and it would deflect and miss the drain. Also I was disappointed when I first heard the music because I imagined a Jazz style soundtrack for a mellow experience but that main music is so catchy and I vote to keep it.

#438 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

It seemed apparent that there were sound and dots that still needed to be finished but the game looks fantastic overall. I'm really sorry that production is likely to end before my NIB bucket is sufficiently replenished but this can only be a harbinger of awesome things to come.

Have they said when they will quit making them? I thought it was an open ended production.

1 month later
#473 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I wonder how I can even get in touch with the owner of the local Domino's franchise to encourage him/her to get one of these and place it in their location.

I never thought about that. Maybe I should do the same.

#475 7 years ago
Quoted from hardware:

Go to the local Dominoes and ask for the franchisee contact info. I already have the info for mine, but this one is setup for pickup only (I believe all of them are?) so I'm not sure they want people hanging out playing pinball.

Mine's actually pretty nice. It's not in a strip mall but has it's own building. I'm not sure how much room it has though.

#477 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

The U.S.-based variance process to get a game in a store is going to be a lot tougher than international store variances. Canada is actually getting at least two games in stores that I know of so far.
I think folks are generally pretty worried about setup, maintenance and upkeep so if they know there are people that want and can help with these processes (even if it is for money or free pizza), it may help them over the hump to order a game.
We are hoping to produce a video after the launch that will be sent to all franchisees to solicit orders before the deadline for ordering at the end of the year. I'll try to post that here when it is done.

Maybe I can volunteer to help with maintenance for some free games and pizza.

#479 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

Yeah, the one here is pickup only, but they have a nice large new space. I think a pin would round it out nicely and entertain people (well, certainly me), while they wait.

If I knew they had a pin, I would actually go there a lot more.

#485 7 years ago

If you need to take one to Nashville for Grande Ole Expo, I could do that for you.

2 months later
#566 7 years ago

I think 1000 bucks. I was hoping to maybe have that to put down before the end of the year but it's not going to happen. I'm sure if I want one later someone will part with theirs though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dmbjunky.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal?tu=dmbjunky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.