(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #533 Game Rules Updated Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #535 A list of minor updates. Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #646 Cite from spooky on production run size Posted by SpookyKT (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bd_designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#82 8 years ago

Regarding the Domino's logo on the flipper buttons, yes of course it would be ideal to have had both logos be a mirror image of each other, but you're not always allowed to flip or modify corporate logos like that. The logo is designed a specific way and it must meet the style guidelines.

We still felt like it was such a great idea to incorporate the flipper buttons into the logo so we still ran with that even though the orientation on the left side is different from the right. It looks great in person and still adds some fun personality to the cabinet regardless!

#89 8 years ago

Thanks for the feedback, rosh! Looking at the machine from a more frontal angle, it does look like the Domino's Spectacular Pinball Adventure title treatment seems small, primarily because of the diagonal slant of the treatment, but when you look at the cabinet from the side, it fills the space pretty well. I actually experimented with angling the treatment downwards for the left side of the cabinet, but it just didn't look as dynamic. So in order to keep the treatment scaled identically on both sides, it had to be bumped back on the left side which created that extra space you're seeing. Overall, in person it still looks nicely balanced. Please pardon the poor lighting in the photo below, but this is a better view of the cabinet's left side.

I also want to note that we purposely kept the cabinet artwork simple with the brick/cardboard textures and just the title treatment because there is going to be a lot of color between the translite and playfield where the focus really needs to be and this style fit in nicely with Domino's current brand style. It's clean and subtle, but as a complete package, it's going to look great on the final game!

Also, thank you to everyone on the feedback this past weekend when the cabinet was revealed! We really appreciate hearing from folks and will consider rotating the paddle on the backbox around vertically.

Domino's_Left_Side_Cabinet_1_-_medium_(resized).jpgDomino's_Left_Side_Cabinet_1_-_medium_(resized).jpg

#91 8 years ago

Thanks! And yes, same team as AMH & RZ.

2 months later
#111 7 years ago

Adam beat me to it by just a few minutes! Thanks for letting everyone know about the story behind the Beetle.

There will be Easter eggs like the historical nods of the logos, Beetle, etc. throughout the machine. The new DXP delivery vehicle will be featured on the playfield and the alternate translite.

We've put some fun thought into everything you'll see on the machine! It's the little details that add a lot of personality sometimes!

3 weeks later
#137 7 years ago

Yes, these will be available to the public as well - not just for Domino's employees! If you'd like to get more information (especially after the reveal on Sunday), you can inquire at: [email protected]

#185 7 years ago

The reveal will be later this evening, around 7:00 Eastern, give or take. Set up is still underway for Domino's World Wide Rally in Vegas and once the machine is ready to go at the booth, it will be unveiled!

Thanks for hanging in there folks! Just a little longer...

#237 7 years ago
Quoted from Flato:

Looks great would like to see a better picture of the rules card.

We figured some folks might be interested in the rules so we came prepared...

Obviously some things are subject to change and adjustments are being made here and there, but this is the basic framework of the modes and objectives. It's a deep (dish) game!

In addition to what you see here, we are hoping to add a couple of video modes that are not currently in the prototype.

Domino's_SPA_Modes_&_Objectives_Flyer_-_Final_(resized).jpgDomino's_SPA_Modes_&_Objectives_Flyer_-_Final_(resized).jpg

#296 7 years ago

I'd like to second Scott's and Adam's appreciation for all of the kind words about the game so far! This was an incredibly fun project to work on and everyone involved has been a true pleasure to work with! I really hope we all get to work together on another project soon. Such a talented, creative, and dedicated team of individuals! As Scott said, a LOT of time, effort, and dedication was poured into the machine to get it done in 6 months, but when a team like this brings their A-game each day, you get the great results you see!

Adam and the Domino's folks were just flat-out amazing to work with and Adam and Charlie's vision for the game really made it special. It's more than just a Domino's pinball machine - it's a fast, fun, and funny experience that hopefully feels like a bit of a throwback to some of the great, original 90's B/W games. Everything from the illustrations and color palette used to the music was purposefully designed with a sort of retro feel. A very talented friend of Adam's, whose name is Chris Brandon, composed the music which has an awesome late 80's/early 90's NES/SNES sound to it, but with some modern clarity.

Thank you again to everyone for such positive feedback! And a very special thank you to Adam and Charlie for giving me a shot to work on this project!!

#347 7 years ago

I imagine that Spooky will have it available to play at their open house on July 9th unless the prototype is having adjustments made to it as they prepare for the production games. As far as I know, there is only that one prototype so far.

2 months later
#436 7 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

Great interview, Blake!
Nice to hear you in a calmer, less wild-west environment!

Thanks Rascal! I really had a nice time doing the interview and chatting about what went into the game! All of us on the team have really appreciated hearing everyone's feedback and thoughts on how it turned out. I think that once people see it in person and have a chance to play it, they'll see how much effort we put into it in a really short period of time.

Quoted from BradLinden:

The "dmd" animations look fantastic!

The animations are indeed spectacular! David van Es did an amazing job on them! Just wait until people see the animations for the Battle the Noid and the Wizard modes. There is a lot of playfulness to them and I think folks will get a kick out of them! I would say only about 40% of the animations were seen in the live streams.

1 month later
#458 7 years ago

Thanks for the nice feedback, Aurich! Very glad to hear that the game and new backglass art looked nice in person. I really can't wait to see the finished machine in person one day. I believe the translite art you saw is indeed a backglass and both versions that will be available will be real backglasses.

Congrats to you and the Alien team on a really successful Expo this weekend! Seems like the first impressions were great. Seeing all of the elements of the game together gave it a great ambiance as you always said it would have!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bd_designs.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal?tu=bd_designs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.