(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #533 Game Rules Updated Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #535 A list of minor updates. Posted by FawzmaGames (7 years ago)

Post #646 Cite from spooky on production run size Posted by SpookyKT (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FawzmaGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#101 7 years ago

On the code side, there's a ton of it already. That's all I can say

1 month later
#224 7 years ago

99% of the modes are in, just needs timed modes spit out. Lots of ways to stack modes in this game. Still tons of graphics/sfx/callouts need to be added as well.

Lots of things that needed to be added to RZ have been added to Dominos to test how they work.

#228 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

Looks like a revised AMH, which I'm perfectly happy with. Great artwork as well! Just wondering what happens to the ball that you shoot up the right ramp into the oven.

It drops behind the scoop, there's an opto back there to detect which way the ball got to the scoop.

#371 7 years ago

The spinner does start mode, but it's also used to light up the mystery scoop. Progressively gets harder to start. Speaking of the left scoop, that was adjustable. It's not really meant to fire out like a missile, that's what the right scoop is for.

The game code is only 6 weeks old, I wanted to cram as much stuff in as possible so people had something to play with. Everything on the instruction cards was playable at the show.

In the video, there were maybe 2-3 modes running at the same time. When I get the game back, I still need to sort out what and when everything should run plus a million other things.

3 months later
#464 7 years ago

Even by the 29th, even more code will be in.

The ball stop is sort of used as a diverter to give more interaction with the pops and lanes.

All modes on left are started via left scoop and start multiballs when completed.

All modes on right are started via right scoop and are all timed modes.

Mystery is started by loading up the spinner, and I'm thinking any time you beat the Noid in "Noid Battle". Some might hate this, I'm going to have heavy use of the mystery scoop to advance carreer mode and EOB bonus multiplier.

Of course, I'm always open for suggestions so things will always change.

#472 7 years ago
Quoted from EvanDickson:

I wonder how I can even get in touch with the owner of the local Domino's franchise to encourage him/her to get one of these and place it in their location.

Good chance they don't have room. But, they may support local events and might want to have a machine at the event location to draw a crowd.

#503 7 years ago

Funny I saw the payback commercial a moment ago and was thinking this should be a prize, then see this post!

1 week later
#516 7 years ago

Was the game set to tournament mode?

#519 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

The first few minutes show that the Noid loop seems to shoot great. There were fast shots and medium shots right off the bat and none of them hosed the player.
Not to diminish anyone's effort to have sounds for all switches, but what will the final slingshot sounds be like? I like that they are zany, but they are also a little strong(?) for a sound that will be heard so many times in a game.
Oh, and those lanes. Man, they remind me of my Diner inlane/outlane setup. Best advice, keep the ball in front of the slings. :p

debating is SFX are even needed on those slings.

Side note

There are a few mechanics that will be changed.

The first for sure is the skillshot. I have changed it now to be progressive. It will start at 250k, then 500k, then 1mill.. resetting back to 250k if you get an extra ball after collecting the million.

Other rules to change will center around how mystery award works in conjunction with the 5 right targets.

And there was a bug in the extra ball bonus for having less than 1 million points on ball 3.

#521 7 years ago
Quoted from desertT1:

How hard is it to take the sound out and play a few games with it like that? <<< Don't read that like I'm being a dick, honest question. Maybe it's easier to make a test setting where you can turn them off and on in the menu and play games switching every time to see which one feels better. I like the sounds of slings firing, so even having no SFX would be ok for me there.
And yeah, that skill shot should be nerfed. 250k for the first one might still be a little OP. Maybe try 100k, 250k, 500k and leave the "Charlie Cheat" in there so you can try to short plunge and do it with a flipper.

It's all good. Its pretty trivial to add an option to turn the sling sound off and on via menu. So I'll go that route.

We'll have to play with the skill shot totals.. 50k, 150k, 250k could be an option as well.

I like the "Charlie Cheat" name.. if people absolutely hate it, the only way to combat that is to put the skillshot on a progressive timer .. the longer the ball is off the lane switch the lower the skillshot will be worth.

#523 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

. I bet it is already fixed. I think leaving it at 250k, 500k and 1mm will be fine because some of the more scoring will likely get cranked up a bit.

This is true..

I didn't watch the whole video yet, but there are certain modes that after you complete opens up a hurry up or two that are worth millions. They too will probably need to be toned down.

#533 7 years ago

Revised rules for next version. Total rewrite.

Domino's Rules (NEW)

Make Pizza - 3.. 4.. 5.. Qualify by shooting outer orbit. This also advances the jackpot in MB
Lost Topping - 3.. 4.. 5.. Qualify by shooting noid orbit. When in (right side) MB, one of the switches is the super jackpot. This location changed after collecting.
Pizza Dispatch - 3.. 4.. 5.. Qualify by shooting center ramp. This also advances the jackpot. After a qualify or requalify the spinner value multiplier is increased up to 5x.
Mega Week - Qualify by shooting right target bank in any order. When in (right side) MB, one of the targets will blink. This is another Super Jackpot, and changes location after collection.

After mode is qualified, score for that switch multiply by how many times you “requalify” (up to 5x). Once MB starts your switches are locked into your multiplier values. Resetting after MB.

Example: you shoot outer orbit 3 times to get “Make The Pizza” available.. If you don’t start the MB.. outer orbit switched are worth X times 2. shooting those orbits again but 4 times increases the switch value to X times 3.. Shoot orbit 5 more times, they are now worth X times 4. Up to 5x. This goes for other mode qualifications as well.

Any time a right side mode is qualified for, you can shoot the pizza scoop to start that mode. If you are already in MB and mode was not qualified, you can qualify while in MB, increasing base jackpot value.

If more than one mode is qualified and you shoot the scoop. MB jackpot is multiplied by however many modes are qualified. When in MB, jackpots are increased by switch amount (up to 5x related to the requalify rule). Collect the jackpot from the pizza ramp. If jackpot is collected before it was advanced, jackpot resets but it lower than before. This is to prevent spamming jackpots.

If you collect all the modes again while in MB, a center shot hurry up is available. With a countdown of 15 seconds. As time goes down, so does the jackpot.

Modes are not considered complete until you start the MB.

Career Modes

Load up pops to qualify each of the career modes. After 4 have been loaded up, pops need to add 5 to the beginning of base start value to get the first mode lit on next round. You can start a career at any time, but loading all the way will max out the JP value.

Driver - Round 1 (5 pops) / Round 2 (10) / Round 3(15)…
MB - left obit, hit pops to advance JP
Manager - Round 1(@10 pops) / Round 2(15) / Round 3(20)…
MB - Noid orbit to advance JP
Franchisee - Round 1(@15 pops) / Round 2(20) / Round 3(25)…
MB - center ramp to advance JP
Gold Franny - Round 1(@20 pops) / Round 2(25) / Round 3(30)…
MB - Right orbit to advance JP

Example of flow: In normal play you shoot pops 5 times.. Driver pulses and indicates it can be started. Keep shooting the pops to get to 10, then Driver and Manager pulse.. Get all the way to 20 and now you have 4 left mode pulsing.. Shoot left scoop to start MB. JP are now at 4x. When mode is over, those modes that were pulsing are now solid. Now those pops are inround 2.. Get driver pulsing by hitting pops 10 times.. And get all 4 left modes pulsing at 25 pops..

If all 4 modes are qualified, you get 3 ball MB instead of 2.

For each mode lit before starting MB, pop switch amount is multiplied by modes lit

Same as right side modes, depending on how many modes are lit, Jackpot multiplied by that many modes. If jackpot is collected before it was advanced, jackpot resets but it lower than before. This is to prevent spamming jackpots.

Starting career modes is done by shooting left scoop.

Modes are not considered complete until you start the MB.

Pizza Maker (Sub Wizard Mode)

When the bottom 8 modes are complete this mode becomes available. Round 1

Global Conquest (Sub Wizard Mode)

When the bottom 8 modes are complete this mode becomes available. Round 2

Pizza Wars (Wizard Mode)

All modes must be complete, including Handle Rush and Noid battle, then this mode becomes available.

Right Targets

Used to qualify Mega Week. Each time its qualified, Mystery award if activated and collected off left scoop.

Noid Battle

This can now be opened at any time and progress is kept throughout all balls. Bash down the targets, then hit noid 2.. 3.. 4.. Times to collect reward.. Rinse repeat

Handle Rush

For time being keep this separate from all other modes and can only go ino MB when not already in MB. I may combine this with the right side modes for a 5x JP multiplier.

Locks will start at 3…4… 5… etc..

OER

Just used to multiply EOB, OER switches are worth (base value * OER bonus).

Coke Integration

Coke goes into a cup. Bubbles fizz away revealing the match.

#535 7 years ago

Some of the updates since this weekend.

Fixed - Pizza Dispatch ramp light now stops blinking when the mode is qualified
Fixed - Make The Pizza, both orbit lihts pulse when mode needs to be qualified
Fixed - Left orbit strobes when career objective pops are still avaialable
Fixed - Claiming extra ball bonus for having < 1mil, flag was not set properly
Fixed - Make The Pizza was setting the win flag after the mode timer ended no matter what
Fixed - Reset ballsearch timer after collecting mystery
Fixed - Tilt would go into infinite loop due to missing light animation
Fixed - Before starting a mode, light objective indicators were not activing properly (all modes)
Update - Skillshot is now progressive. 250k, 500k, 1mill.. resets back to 250k
Update - Make The Pizza, Lost Topping, Pizza Dispatch mode now pulses when mode is qualified
Update - Right target bank available through all modes
Update - Franchisee mode light pulses when mode is ready to start
Update - Noid battle now awards 250k, 500k, 1mil after defeating
Update - Lost Topping mode complete awards 1/2/3 mill depending on how many times it's beat
Update - Removed strobe effect from rush lock, to only blink the HR light. Easier to know why you need to shoot the ramp
Update - OER switch value multiplied by OER bonus
Added - Spinner has new lighting effect

#539 7 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Is the code update posted online? We could install at Pocketeer if it's ready to go.

Tomorrow, I can get you a version with those bug fixes prior to the rule change going in.

1 week later
#540 7 years ago

Domino's is updated to an official version 2. Emails have gone out to those that need to update.

Enjoy!!

1 week later
#546 7 years ago

Global conquest sub wizard mode was written last night. I'll be testing it today. Then moving onto Pizza Wars!

We should have gameplay video soon, so you don't miss out on this if you're on the fence still.

#548 7 years ago

2 Points to make..

1.. the cutoff date is out of Spookys hands. 150 units or end of December.

2.. not entirely buying the play before pay. How many games are being sold for big bucks and have never been played (or not even playable). Some will say, "but its rare".. I think this is the situation we are in; except it won't cost you your first born, arm or leg

The game was in Houston and currently in NY with the updated rules. We also have one here at the shop that can be played if you are local. Just reach out to KT and Charlie to set something up.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I will see if I can get over to Benton to check it out before the sell out. I really liked how this game shot the 1 chance I got to play it, but code was rough at that point and completely revamped since.

Let me put it to you this way, all the shit you gave me for RZ.. I didn't do in Domino's lol

I don't know if I can talk about numbers, so I won't comment.

1 month later
#568 7 years ago

Shaker/knocker support is there.. Shaker just needs the command put in the places that will use it. It's easy enough to add in, but to come in the next update or so.

8 months later
#635 6 years ago
Quoted from wtuttle:

Just wondering: does anyone find that their 'Handle the Rush' multiball doesn't act like it should? I believe the flippers are supposed to only work in short bursts (no craddling the ball). Mine work like normal when I'm in this mode.

That is being fixed. I'm taking the next update a little slow as not to introduce any major bugs.

I split HtR out into its own mode. It was also missing the no hold flipper function, that has been fixed. I'm having this tested before I move on.

2 weeks later
#644 6 years ago

I'm in the middle of doing another update

As for balls not ejecting and getting the lane switch message, this is to prevent the coil from overheating and blowing a fuse. The ball is trying to eject from the trough but is never making it to the lane switch, so it will keep firing.

What I may end up doing is, attempting the eject a few times, then give the coil a rest, then resume the eject after about 6 or so seconds.

I've commented on the other thread about worlds fastest. That is a misleading light that should be killed off while that mode is running.

DOMINOS V006 - TBD/2017
Updated - Handle The Rush mode runs on its own. No longer stacks with other modes
Updated - Ball ejects off lane as soon as attract mode starts
Fixed - Lane lights did not roll left/right properly
Fixed - Tilt warning graphics were misleading
Fixed - Multiball saves will eject more than one ball if they drain together
added - Handle The Rush ball lock added to mystery award

1 month later
#656 6 years ago

Taking note.. there is an update in the works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider FawzmaGames.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal?tu=FawzmaGames and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.