(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.
#351 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I will try my best to get some awful handheld iphone video of it in action tomorrow

Would love to see some awful iphone video!

#352 7 years ago

Bad iphone video alert/warning. I know it is the wrong orientation but the rigged setup I had only allowed me to set it this way.

You'll see a couple multiballs and most of the shots. I'll ask Charlie to get a better video when he recovers from his travels.

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Bad iphone video alert/warning. I know it is the wrong orientation but the rigged setup I had only allowed me to set it this way.
You'll see a couple multiballs and most of the shots. I'll ask Charlie to get a better video when he recovers from his travels.
» YouTube video

Seems like the right ramp makes the sort of *clachunk* sound many here would consider "satisfying."

#354 7 years ago

Wonderful Pics! I hope it brings Lots more Branding Projects, and continued Growth and Success!

Nothing but Joy in the Pics and here at home seeing them! Awesome!

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

» YouTube video

Thanks. From the vid it seems to shoot well. My one suggestion would be adjustment of the left scoop. It appears to act similar to the right scoop on AMH with a bit of 'rinky dink' as it kicks out. Would be nice to have this me a cleaner kickout. After lots of time on AMH I think it is due to the 1/4 concave routing around the scoop entrance.

Looks like a fun game to shoot!

Nice job all!

#356 7 years ago

thanks for the video

#357 7 years ago

Much longer ball times than Ghostbusters, that's for sure.

#358 7 years ago

Looks like it shoots very, very well. Lots of fun, fast, and satisfying shots.

Obviously will need to see it with some more fleshed out code. Would love to see some of the DMD as well.

Been a huge fan of the Noid since I was a kid, so definitely thinking about this one.

Crazy that Spooky can announce a game, and then, make it! Most business strategies are more of a, announce, take money, release many years later/not at all.

Love Spooky, keep up the good work!

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

» YouTube video

Thx posting a video looks like a fun game

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from LadySlingshot:

Much longer ball times than Ghostbusters, that's for sure.

If I were in Spooky's shoes I'd release a LSE (Limited Stern Edition) model with carrot flippers, some freshly ghosted inserts and the current code as it stands. Mark it up a couple grand and program the display to only be red, then take my sweet time shipping them once they sell out. Recipe for success?

#361 7 years ago

I couldn't hear the music very well but it seemed very muzak-like. I'm not sure if that's a good thing. I'd have to hear it more.

#362 7 years ago

Thanks for the vid. It's probably due to the early code, but it looks to me like the game could use some more inserts, or different RGB colors to indicate what to shoot for during which mode.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You can't eat pinball either.

13512061_297772173898653_806894574551234930_n_(resized).jpg13512061_297772173898653_806894574551234930_n_(resized).jpg

#364 7 years ago

Game looks kinda boring. They're pizza is terrible, but at least they are supporting our hobby which is appreciated.

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from emkay:

If I were in Spooky's shoes I'd release a LSE (Limited Stern Edition) model with carrot flippers, some freshly ghosted inserts and the current code as it stands. Mark it up a couple grand and program the display to only be red, then take my sweet time shipping them once they sell out. Recipe for success?

Lol. You should post that on "Hey Stern are you serious".

#366 7 years ago

I fully understand the game is "not for us". It is a corporate commission, so to that end I am not applying the same expectations of the game as I would for a normal pinball release.

Overall I think it's a cool project and I'm sure Dominos (the customer) is thrilled.

#367 7 years ago

I knew that was coming.....LOL!

#368 7 years ago

Those flippers look stronger than all the JJP demos at any pinball show.

#369 7 years ago

Yup, Noid loop is a great design. Great geometry on the returns as well. I'm going to be searching for one of these just to hit that shot a bunch of times.

At first, I thought the music was a lot like Goin Nuts, just not as crazy sounding. If I had one wish for this game it would be that Mr. Fawzma put the same stock track in 12 different times and then had it select a track at random at the beginning of each ball. That way, any home user could make their own soundtrack for the game by swapping out the music files.

#370 7 years ago

Charlie, KT, Tim and Kim just loaded up the game to start the ride back to Benton. Everyone from Domino's who got to meet them said the same thing, "what nice people." We really appreciate all the work put in to get this game ready and come all the way to Vegas to show it off. The Domino's Partners Foundation raised about $300,000 this Rally including the future pinball contributions.

To answer some questions or clarify some items, the music in the game now is one track we will use along with 10-12 other custom songs that are more 80's/90's. We are still working through the song rotation and specific songs for modes. I'm not sure on selectable music, that is a question for David F.

During Handle the Rush multiball, flipper cradling is disabled to match that hectic time in our stores and also because your jackpots are multiplied by how many balls you have left at the end of the 30 second rush. Handle the Rush also progressively gets harder to start by requiring 2 then 3 then 4 then 5 O-V-E-N lights and then oven ramp shots.

The audio in now is mostly our film and video guy here who won the internal competition to be the main narrator. There will also be some special guest voices during certain modes including Tommy Skinner (who you can hear on the video during Lost Topping mode), a couple franchisees, some international Domino's people, Charlie for sure, hopefully our CEO and maybe others. I'd run a contest for voice work but that would cause a ruckus with the professional voiceover guys and girls?.

There will be additional plastics and toys added to the game. Just some stuff to add more depth and fun Domino's references to the game. We are working on these right now and hope to have them for the Spooky open house.
We will also be adding additional lighting and flashers.

The left store ramp is similar to RZ but Charlie said he had to change a lot of it after the entrance. It is really smooth if you hit it solidly and the number of spins you get varies a lot depending on the ramp shot speed. The spinner mode is still TBD but it likely will be an auto start mode after a certain number of spins are collected.

The oven ramp drops into the oven and then the scoop and fires out from the front just like any shot to the scoop.

The outer orbits lead to lanes and pops and there is a post that pops up to drop balls into either one. Then the post drops when orbit shots are required.

The left scoop was set at a very low power for the show but it will be ready to fire out in the production models.

Tons of thanks to Charlie, Scott Gullicks, David F., David Van Es, Blake D. for all the work that has gone into this. Thanks to Tommy and Blake for helping me think through the draft rules before I sent to David F. Maybe we can even convince Tommy or someone to live stream the game at the Spooky Open House.

The alternate backglass will be available for purchase (included with LEs) and should be done by the end of July. Very excited for people to see Scott's work on that.

I'd love to take credit for the long ball times because of my incredible skills but that is not the case, the game is easier than GB and IM for sure but it is similar to AMH, SM, MET or GOT in my opinion in difficulty.

Any other questions or if you want to order one just email me at [email protected]

Thanks,

Adam

#371 7 years ago

The spinner does start mode, but it's also used to light up the mystery scoop. Progressively gets harder to start. Speaking of the left scoop, that was adjustable. It's not really meant to fire out like a missile, that's what the right scoop is for.

The game code is only 6 weeks old, I wanted to cram as much stuff in as possible so people had something to play with. Everything on the instruction cards was playable at the show.

In the video, there were maybe 2-3 modes running at the same time. When I get the game back, I still need to sort out what and when everything should run plus a million other things.

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from FawzmaGames:

The spinner does start mode, but it's also used to light up the mystery scoop. Progressively gets harder to start. Speaking of the left scoop, that was adjustable. It's not really meant to fire out like a missile, that's what the right scoop is for.
The game code is only 6 weeks old, I wanted to cram as much stuff in as possible so people had something to play with. Everything on the instruction cards was playable at the show.
In the video, there were maybe 2-3 modes running at the same time. When I get the game back, I still need to sort out what and when everything should run plus a million other things.

I think its amazing you guys got a playable game that wasnt a white wood done in the time you have! Code will surely come along, anyone critical on it is just being a silly goose

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

I think its amazing you guys got a playable game that wasnt a white wood done in the time you have! Code will surely come along, anyone critical on it is just being a silly goose

Agreed.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

I'd run a contest for voice work but that would cause a ruckus with the professional voiceover guys and girls?.

#375 7 years ago

The important thing to remember is that Spooky has produced three games and likely has another in development as we speak. That is an amazing accomplishment and should be celebrated.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 7 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

The important thing to remember is that Spooky has produced three games and likely has another in development as we speak. That is an amazing accomplishment and should be celebrated.

Pretty sure it was the SFGE interview with 904 that Charlie said game 4 will be a Ben/Charlie collaboration. I'm going to assume that it either isn't in the design stage outside of getting ideas out, or is very early. Charlie has had a very busy tour schedule in the last few months, so likely not a lot of design time.

#377 7 years ago

Yes, after a full 20 years we are finally getting a major manufacturer into Bally/Williams title production territory. Freakin' amazing, something I NEVER imagined would happen again!

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Where is the next time pinheads will get to see/play this game?
I am really looking forward to checking it out.

I believe there will be one to play at the Spooky open house in Benton, WI on Saturday July 9th, 2016

#379 7 years ago

It might not be under 30 mins, but damn, Spooky is quick to deliver!

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

Yes, after a full 20 years we are finally getting a major manufacturer into Bally/Williams title production territory. Freakin' amazing, something I NEVER imagined would happen again!

How many TAF's were produced?

#381 7 years ago

By definition of title, two; if you count the gold edition as a new game that is.

#382 7 years ago

Would be awesome if the game could detect if you beat it and deliver a free (one time only) pie when that happened. That's easy to code, right?

#383 7 years ago

Serious Pizza! I like the artwork. The only thing that seems out of place is the backboard art. Doesn't really fit the rest of the package. But the game looks cool and congrats to Spooky and team for getting this pin up and running this quickly!

#384 7 years ago

Should use the real time clock and detect if the game is completed in 30 minutes or less you get a huge bonus.

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Should use the real time clock and detect if the game is completed in 30 minutes or less you get a huge bonus.

Countdown clock like TZ

#386 7 years ago
Quoted from Crash:

By definition of title, two; if you count the gold edition as a new game that is.

If that's how you're counting, jjp has produced about 20 titles. And stern about 500.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

I love this so much.

#388 7 years ago

I did my part to spread the love. I picked up some pizza at my local Domino's today. I wrote on their massive chalkboard wall in the lobby, in big bold letters, "CHECK OUT THE DOMINO'S PIZZA PINBALL MACHINE".

A woman was watching me do this, and asked, as I was leaving with my order, "Is that an app you can download?"

Every time I think pinball has finally gotten over the hump, something like this happens.

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from spiroagnew:

I did my part to spread the love. I picked up some pizza at my local Domino's today. I wrote on their massive chalkboard wall in the lobby, in big bold letters, "CHECK OUT THE DOMINO'S PIZZA PINBALL MACHINE".
A woman was watching me do this, and asked, as I was leaving with my order, "Is that an app you can download?"
Every time I think pinball has finally gotten over the hump, something like this happens.

So why not make a Domino's Pinball app as well? Use the software of the game and have even more people enjoy the game.

#390 7 years ago
Quoted from unigroove:

So why not make a Domino's Pinball app as well? Use the software of the game and have even more people enjoy the game.

I was thinking that as well. It would be a great marketing tool.

All of the small-run Spooky games need to be ported to the Pinball Arcade or something similar for all to enjoy.

#391 7 years ago

I think it's been clearly establish that app versions of real tables only help the physical ones.

Imagine the promotion Domino's can do for a free pinball app. And then how excited people would be if they saw a "real" one in a store.

#392 7 years ago

I know this pin made an impression, as I've heard about it OUTSIDE the pinball world! (friend of a friend posted it on their Facebook)

Reminds me of that Jay Leno line "you're not famous until your parents have heard of you"

#393 7 years ago

[Sorry for double post, need to get that other thread deleted]

Back from a very successful Rally with the pinball machine. Thanks for all of the comments on the reveal. This has been an incredible project for me and I cannot wait to show the game to more of you. We are trying to work out our schedules so that we can get the game in front of as many people as possible before we cut off ordering.

Hopefully, we will get some better gameplay video in the near future and everyone at the Spooky Open House on July 9th will be able to play the game. Everyone PM Tommy Skinner (tsskinne) to get up to Benton and stream that game as he clearly has technical abilities that I lack.

We have about 35 shirts left from our Rally allotment. These are Bella Canvas Tee Style #3413. They are ultra soft and lightweight.

2 XLs, 20 Mediums and 14 Larges left that are $25 each + $3 shipping. Multiple shirts in one order get flat $3 shipping. If anyone is in and around Ann Arbor and wants to pick them up at our World Resource Center, 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, you can do that and save shipping.

Email to [email protected] or [email protected] to order. I'll try to keep this post updated with a current inventory count.

We may do another run of these shirts if there is demand internally or externally or we could wait and do another design...

Pictures of the shirt below.

Thanks,

Adam

shirt_back_(resized).JPGshirt_back_(resized).JPG

shirt_front_(resized).JPGshirt_front_(resized).JPG

shirt_logo_large_(resized).JPGshirt_logo_large_(resized).JPG

#394 7 years ago

Shirts look great. I'm happy to stream the game if I'm needed/wanted whenever it's ready. Thank you Adam for the suggestion. Glad the show was a success, congrats to you and Ppooky for all your hard work.

#395 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Everyone PM Tommy Skinner (tsskinne) to get up to Benton and stream that game as he clearly has technical abilities that I lack.

What about that ding-dong Jack Danger? He's been up to the spooky HQ before with his stream gear.

#396 7 years ago
Quoted from frolic:

I think it's been clearly establish that app versions of real tables only help the physical ones.
Imagine the promotion Domino's can do for a free pinball app. And then how excited people would be if they saw a "real" one in a store.

That would be a great promotion. I would drive in to a store get some pizza to get the ap. I hope they read your comment because it is spot on.

#397 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

PM me what thread you want closed. Thanks.

#398 7 years ago

PM sent TigerLaw, thanks.

The trouble with the available pinball app developers is that they want really big fees to develop or translate the Domino's table. Believe me, I was excited too until I found out the money required...not in my budget.

If any pinball app company wants to develop this (and maybe the other Spooky tables), let Charlie or me know and we can discuss. Domino's is not looking to make a ton of money on it so licensing would be relatively easy.

If we sell enough of these, or marketing decides to do a commercial about it, we could probably get budget to make this happen as well.

#399 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

PM sent TigerLaw, thanks.
The trouble with the available pinball app developers is that they want really big fees to develop or translate the Domino's table. Believe me, I was excited too until I found out the money required...not in my budget.
If any pinball app company wants to develop this (and maybe the other Spooky tables), let Charlie or me know and we can discuss. Domino's is not looking to make a ton of money on it so licensing would be relatively easy.
If we sell enough of these, or marketing decides to do a commercial about it, we could probably get budget to make this happen as well.

Is the big fee for them to digitalize your game and put it out for free, or is it for them to digitalize your game and then still charge for it anyways?

Anyways, I hope a pinball enthusiast out there who really loves the hobby will jump on this and put out quality digitized versions of Spooky games. I'm sure it will turn out much better than The low quality pinball recreations that are currently out on the mainstream market.

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Back from a very successful Rally with the pinball machine. Thanks for all of the comments on the reveal. This has been an incredible project for me and I cannot wait to show the game to more of you. We are trying to work out our schedules so that we can get the game in front of as many people as possible before we cut off ordering.
Hopefully, we will get some better gameplay video in the near future and everyone at the Spooky Open House on July 9th will be able to play the game. Everyone PM Tommy Skinner (tsskinne) to get up to Benton and stream that game as he clearly has technical abilities that I lack.
We have about 35 shirts left from our Rally allotment. These are Bella Canvas Tee Style #3413. They are ultra soft and lightweight.
2 XLs, 20 Mediums and 14 Larges left that are $25 each + $3 shipping. Multiple shirts in one order get flat $3 shipping. If anyone is in and around Ann Arbor and wants to pick them up at our World Resource Center, 30 Frank Lloyd Wright Drive, you can do that and save shipping.
Email to [email protected] or [email protected] to order. I'll try to keep this post updated with a current inventory count.
We may do another run of these shirts if there is demand internally or externally or we could wait and do another design...
Pictures of the shirt below.
Thanks,
Adam

Demand for more shirts?!? Oh I think we can arrange that.....

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
$ 16.99
Cabinet Parts
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Cabinet parts
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal/page/8?hl=walt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.