(Topic ID: 153733)

Domino's Pinball Official Thread - $5,299. Production started.

By adamgacek

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 678 posts
  • 214 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by KenLayton
  • Topic is favorited by 44 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Dominos Pinball Solenoid List.pdf (PDF preview)
Dominos-Game-Blades-Right (resized).jpg
Dominos-Game-Blades-Left (resized).jpg
3032911-poster-p-avoid-the-noid6 (resized).jpg
F7579C3B-C903-48A6-A1B3-E97D04DCA103 (resized).jpeg
F3536ED9-FC67-4413-A028-434A89D386B2 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20171102_1623273 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165510 (resized).jpg
IMG_20171026_165454 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170904_213111 (resized).jpg
IMG_20170827_223323 (resized).jpg
Avoid the node (resized).jpg
noid (resized).jpg
2017-07-22 16.28.28 (resized).jpg
002 (resized).JPG
003 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.
#251 7 years ago

Looks pretty good, although- and maybe this is just me since I'm used to Stargate (Which is chalk full of cool toys and figures)- it looks a little empty to me. The shot layout looks great, it just kind of looks like there's empty space that could be filled with some nice figures or something, especially in the back. The Noid on the pizza also looks a little lonely to me...

The rest looks and sounds nice though! This is making me kind of jealous of my cousin who works for Domino's! Definitely one of the coolest companies in the food industry. (There's this, and their donations program to their employees. They helped my cousin with some of the expenses when his dad passed away.)

#252 7 years ago

Is it me --- I just cant seem to like this title --- the title makes the machine look cheap

#253 7 years ago
Quoted from challanger1128:

Is it me --- I just cant seem to like this title --- the title makes the machine look cheap

It's you

#254 7 years ago

I can't pretend to be excited about the theme, but man, just super impressed that Spooky is showing game #3 already. So what if it's not for me, neither were titles like Kiss. Charlie and co are showing how to Get Shit Done™.

I hope the future is nothing but bright for Spooky.

#255 7 years ago

I think the Noid loop looks like the lock loop on TOM, which is one of the best shots in pinball IMO.

#256 7 years ago

looks nice. it looks like a lot of fun.

#257 7 years ago

Alright, the video is acting up (I think because of the lack of ambient lighting in here as we are just in set up and the union folks won't turn on the lights but I'm not sure). I'll try again tomorrow to get some video in the afternoon. We should've flown Jack Danger or Tommy out to help us stream, if only we were an international brand with 12,000+ locations we could afford it....

Charlie is at Beatles Love right now in appreciation for all he has sacrificed over the past 6 months to get this game ready for this event. We are extremely excited about the game as it stands and with some small tweaks and additions, this game will be exactly what we dreamed of when we accosted him at Expo in October.

Here are more pictures for everyone including shots of the shirts we had made up for the event. Blake may be able to chime in on specific game and art questions and I'll be back after another event and will try to answer any as well. Scott may be around to answer art questions if anyone has them but he may be out of town.

Thanks again for your patience and support. We'll eventually get to show you some video of the game. It is tons of fun and super fast. The Handle the Rush multiball disables cradling during the mode which really messes with you the first time it happens.

-Adam

IMG_1046_(resized).JPGIMG_1046_(resized).JPG

IMG_1047_(resized).JPGIMG_1047_(resized).JPG

IMG_1048_(resized).JPGIMG_1048_(resized).JPG

IMG_1049_(resized).JPGIMG_1049_(resized).JPG

IMG_1050_(resized).JPGIMG_1050_(resized).JPG

IMG_1051_(resized).JPGIMG_1051_(resized).JPG

IMG_1053_(resized).JPGIMG_1053_(resized).JPG

IMG_1054_(resized).JPGIMG_1054_(resized).JPG

IMG_1055_(resized).JPGIMG_1055_(resized).JPG

IMG_1056_(resized).JPGIMG_1056_(resized).JPG

IMG_1057_(resized).JPGIMG_1057_(resized).JPG

IMG_1064_(resized).JPGIMG_1064_(resized).JPG

#258 7 years ago

How do i order a shirt?

#259 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Alright, the video is acting up (I think because of the lack of ambient lighting in here as we are just in set up and the union folks won't turn on the lights but I'm not sure). I'll try again tomorrow to get some video in the afternoon. We should've flown Jack Danger or Tommy out to help us stream, if only we were an international brand with 12,000+ locations we could afford it....
Charlie is at Beatles Love right now in appreciation for all he has sacrificed over the past 6 months to get this game ready for this event. We are extremely excited about the game as it stands and with some small tweaks and additions, this game will be exactly what we dreamed of when we accosted him at Expo in October.
Here are more pictures for everyone including shots of the shirts we had made up for the event. Blake may be able to chime in on specific game and art questions and I'll be back after another event and will try to answer any as well. Scott may be around to answer art questions if anyone has them but he may be out of town.
Thanks again for your patience and support. We'll eventually get to show you some video of the game. It is tons of fun and super fast. The Handle the Rush multiball disables cradling during the mode which really messes with you the first time it happens.
-Adam

Screw flying I'll get in the car now!

#260 7 years ago

Looks Great! On to the Mods.....Overfilled ashtrays, CAD printed pizza crusts littered around,
a Couple empty pizza boxes, fake spilled beer, and a Beer Pong Table!

Seriously, though Magnificent job!!! Lots of Praise and respect for a Job well done!!

#261 7 years ago

Looks like some good, simple fun
Look forward to a video and sounds.

#262 7 years ago

I just not feeling this machine at all ... but I think it's cool that it looks like a lot of you see it differently. Maybe my eyes are just tired tonight. . I'd give the game a chance, though... Sometimes titles can grow on you quickly!

#263 7 years ago

Great job Spooky game #3 it's not my cup of tea but looks fun.

#264 7 years ago

Ha, that actually looks pretty great! And I can't be the only one who gets the joke with the OVEN rollovers, meaning that you have to "light" OVEN

#265 7 years ago
Quoted from challanger1128:

Have you ever had a dominos pizza?

This company's CEO used the negative customer feedback on their food as a marketing gimmick which was brilliant, and so is the fact that this game even exists!
Love the Noid, and a bra for the guy on playfield with man boobs couldn't hurt.
Overall, looks like pure fun!!

#266 7 years ago

Congrats to Team Spooky. Love this or hate it -- you have to give it up for Charlie and team for what they have accomplished.

I have to admit -- this title looks curiously interesting to me. Not really a mainstream, pop culture theme -- but it kind of is. Can't wait to see one somewhere and play it.

#267 7 years ago

For when Charlie gets out of the show and gets a chance to check in: What shows will this be available to play?

#268 7 years ago

Looks fun and smooth. That left ramp, if it's the same as RZ is one of the smoothest ramps ever. It should play fast. Can't wait to give it a try.

#269 7 years ago

I had my doubts at the start, I even like Dominos pizza. This game really does look good and it's weirding me out. It's not comparable to any theme I can think of. I can't wait to play it.

#270 7 years ago

Charlie on KT's phone.... Thanks guys! Doing out best to make this a super cool Spooky / Domino's project... And OMG when in Vegas go see Beatles Love!!!! Amazing. Can't thank Adam & his crew enough for helping us get there. Remember this is a very shallow code proto game... We're proud of it, but more to come on this game! Back to doing Vegas'y things. This sure ain't Benton!

#271 7 years ago

Go enjoy Vegas, Charlie! This has got to feel like a big win for Spooky.

#272 7 years ago

Were there any flyers made for the game or of the rules set? Please save some for me

#273 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Back to doing Vegas'y things. This sure ain't Benton!

Amazed that this is a real game already. Was expecting a foam core mockup.

No need to fill us in on the extracurricular activities that you and KT are doing. What happens in Vegas .....

#274 7 years ago

I would never put something like this in my collection.

However, I think that this is a wonderful way to introduce kids and other adults into pinball.

#275 7 years ago

Oh, forgot to mention $5,300 plus shipping. At least $500 will be a donation to Domino's Partners Foundation (final donation amount will depend on number of games sold as we amortize actual costs across the games sold). You will receive a receipt from the charity for that donation which may be tax deductible for you.

As for the right ramp, it swoops to the back of the oven toy and drops the ball into the scoop from behind. That's the ball lock shot after O V E N shots are lit.

My favorite shot is the Noid orbit. A smooth and rewarding shot and the ball seems to accelerate out of the orbit back to the flippers.

I'll be playing and trying to get video after our morning session (Magic Johnson keynote!) and then we open it up for 8,000 Domino's people to play tonight from 6-11 and then tomorrow from noon - 2.

#276 7 years ago
Quoted from adamgacek:

Oh, forgot to mention $5,300 plus shipping. At least $500 will be a donation to Domino's Partners Foundation (final donation amount will depend on number of games sold as we amortize actual costs across the games sold). You will receive a receipt from the charity for that donation which may be tax deductible for you.
As for the right ramp, it swoops to the back of the oven toy and drops the ball into the scoop from behind. That's the ball lock shot after O V E N shots are lit.
My favorite shot is the Noid orbit. A smooth and rewarding shot and the ball seems to accelerate out of the orbit back to the flippers.
I'll be playing and trying to get video after our morning session (Magic Johnson keynote!) and then we open it up for 8,000 Domino's people to play tonight from 6-11 and then tomorrow from noon - 2.

WOW! That is a great price!

So, another way to look at it >> cost is $4800 plus a $500 donation that is a tax write off!

Seriously looking forward to playing one of these sometime soon. At that price I may be able to convince my partners to buy one and put it on route (only problem being I am not sure other establishments will want to advertise Dominos when they serve food... hmm... have to figure out a way)

#277 7 years ago

Congrats to Adam, Charlie, and Scott - Adam approached Charlie at Expo in October and they are showing a finished game now !!!!! Sweet Baby Jesus. Having worked with Charlie and Scott - wow - quality people who consistently produce quality results. All good for pinball.

#278 7 years ago

Congrats to all involved on getting this done.

#279 7 years ago

This game looks great, I actually like the layout better than RZ! Well done team!M

#280 7 years ago
Quoted from SpookyKT:

Back to doing Vegas'y things. This sure ain't Benton!

Check out: https://spearmintrhinolv.com/

Congratulations on getting this pin out there for all. Hope to play it or RZ at CAX. Best to you and all of Spooky Pinball.

#281 7 years ago

Congrats - Game looks like its simple and easy to get into, which fits nicely at its potential intended venue. Art looks like it came together as a cohesive package and fits the theme nicely. I really hope we see these in pizza locations. Its a great place to introduce kids who might not see a pinball to the hobby. Great job Spooky and Dominos teams.

#282 7 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

So, another way to look at it >> cost is $4800 plus a $500 donation that is a tax write off!

Not a write-off for the purchaser.

#283 7 years ago
Quoted from Blackjacker:

Not a write-off for the purchaser.

Quoted from adamgacek:

You will receive a receipt from the charity for that donation which may be tax deductible for you.

#284 7 years ago

Like what I see so far. Now to pester one the local stores into getting one....

#285 7 years ago

I sit corrected.

#286 7 years ago

wish the balls locked in the oven then the front opened up and shot them out at you to start multiball, game looks great though hope i get a chance to play one sometime

#287 7 years ago

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun; let me be the 10,000th person to say how proud I am of Adam/Domino's/Spooky for making this happen. Really looking forward to hearing the music and seeing the animations. Everything about this game just seems fun and lighthearted.

#288 7 years ago

Thank you to everyone with the positive comments. Working with Adam, Charlie (and his whole team) and Blake has been a great experience. Everyone has really put a lot of time into this project and I'm amazed at what we were all able to bring together so quickly.

As for the man-boobs, should we get him a "bro" or a "manssiere?" Kidding aside, for those of you who don't work out, he technically has pectoral muscles as we were going for a strong, muscular superhero type Domino's delivery guy who (is a cartoon BTW) wasn't supposed to necessarily look like a normal person... Obviously some people think they may have been over done, but that's why we call it ART and not photoshopped pics.

#289 7 years ago

Can't wait to see some video. Really like this layout. Hopefully I'll get a chance to actually play one someday.

#290 7 years ago

Game looks great all around, nice work guys. I'm forwarding it to my local Domino's Pizza

#291 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

for those of you who don't work out, he technically has pectoral muscles

Easily the highlight of this thread.

#292 7 years ago

Diggin' the game. Looks really fun, hopefully I'll get to play it sometime.

I get its family friendly and I have no problem with that.

having said that, this delivery gal would have worked just as well for the middle of the playfield

#293 7 years ago
Quoted from InfiniteLives:

having said that, this delivery gal would have worked just as well for the middle of the playfield

Yea, that would have been better. Perhaps an LE playfield release down the road.

#294 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Thank you to everyone with the positive comments. Working with Adam, Charlie (and his whole team) and Blake has been a great experience. Everyone has really put a lot of time into this project and I'm amazed at what we were all able to bring together so quickly.
As for the man-boobs, should we get him a "bro" or a "manssiere?" Kidding aside, for those of you who don't work out, he technically has pectoral muscles as we were going for a strong, muscular superhero type Domino's delivery guy who (is a cartoon BTW) wasn't supposed to necessarily look like a normal person... Obviously some people think they may have been over done, but that's why we call it ART and not photoshopped pics.

Nothing wrong with having Ed Hochuli deliver a pizza . I think the game came together really well and is a nice looking package. Excellent work.

#295 7 years ago
Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

I love everything about it other than the playfield art. That guy in the center has like a horribly unnatural body and obnoxious face

That's the new Domino's mascot: Manboobs Goofyfingers McSmirkington III.

ACDC Pro's Angus Face has a successor.

#296 7 years ago

I'd like to second Scott's and Adam's appreciation for all of the kind words about the game so far! This was an incredibly fun project to work on and everyone involved has been a true pleasure to work with! I really hope we all get to work together on another project soon. Such a talented, creative, and dedicated team of individuals! As Scott said, a LOT of time, effort, and dedication was poured into the machine to get it done in 6 months, but when a team like this brings their A-game each day, you get the great results you see!

Adam and the Domino's folks were just flat-out amazing to work with and Adam and Charlie's vision for the game really made it special. It's more than just a Domino's pinball machine - it's a fast, fun, and funny experience that hopefully feels like a bit of a throwback to some of the great, original 90's B/W games. Everything from the illustrations and color palette used to the music was purposefully designed with a sort of retro feel. A very talented friend of Adam's, whose name is Chris Brandon, composed the music which has an awesome late 80's/early 90's NES/SNES sound to it, but with some modern clarity.

Thank you again to everyone for such positive feedback! And a very special thank you to Adam and Charlie for giving me a shot to work on this project!!

#297 7 years ago

Looks like a nice layout. Many shots look far away and tight. Charlie didn't want to take it easy on the non-pinball pizza people. Welcome to pinball, prepare to lose!

#298 7 years ago

too bad the Dominos logo looks cheap. Impossible to create a serious looking game from that theme. same goes for McDonalds, dont even try!

#299 7 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I like the art, especially how the inserts are integrated into it. Is there a lot of back and forth between you and the designers to get the art and inserts to line up?

#300 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I like the art, especially how the inserts are integrated into it. Is there a lot of back and forth between you and the designers to get the art and inserts to line up?

Not too much back and forth. Adam had a really good idea ahead of time on what inserts he wanted where. Charlie roughed them in on his layout/database. I brought them in and changed a few around based on the final art concept and then kicked the changes back over to Charlie. There may have been one more iteration based on some of the mechs that were underneath but it was minor. We may have one more iteration left after the prototype as well. Always helps having previous experience with the work I did on WOOLY and LL-EFE for the P3.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 20.00
There are 678 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 14.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dominos-pinball-official-thread-translite-reveal/page/6?hl=spookykt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.